Vancouver Whitecaps to unveil new brand on June 8th

BrySmalls

newlogo.jpg

beau-ti-ful

-as far as modernizing a logo goes, I've seen none better

-and if they're smart, (hmm??) they'll also come up with some retro kits using the classic logo as their 3rd kits... they'd make $$$ and look good doing so, which would be so much better than wearing something like the electric yellow Seattle wears as their third kits!

My only wish would be for the navy space between the V and W stems to be the same width as the V and W them selves.

Otherwise...it's a nice, clean mark.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, according to them the name has always been about water and mountains.

I guess it could have been. The club's first badge had neither mountains nor waves on it. Just a soccer ball with a maple leaf on it.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

newlogo.jpg

beau-ti-ful

-and if they're smart, (hmm??) they'll also come up with some retro kits using the classic logo as their 3rd kits... they'd make $$$ and look good doing so, which would be so much better than wearing something like the electric yellow Seattle wears as their third kits!

Oh, I think you may have something there. They would be fools not to do it.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

A very good logo!

Quite a unique shape, despite being a bit similiar to AC Fiorentina, Hamburger SV or for some Colorado Rapids.

Nice nods to the past, the location, the water, the mountains, the team name and all that.

What I miss tough, is some minor graphic "eye catcher" within the logo, like the Los Angeles Galaxy Quasar for example.

Wheter that would be a soccer ball, a canadian maple leaf, like Jezus_Ghoti put it a wavy element or soemthing else.

Maybe it's been there done that and bland, but why not put the FC inside a ball/circle for example.

(sorry for my attempt, but it was done at work with MS Paint)

vannew.th.png

ETA: Can't wait for the 1st Galaxy @ Whitecaps MLS match next year. Hope to be there.

Would it also be fair to assume that the reason for 3 mountains/whitecaps is the same reason that the Timbers will have 3 chevrons: to represent the 3 stages of the Whitecaps name NASL, USL, and now MLS

I think it's a great update and makes a fantastic addition to some of the more modern crests in MLS

For what it's worth, I recently saw this...

newlogostory.jpg

... and actually feel that the addition of the small "whitecap" on the middle "mountain peak" does wonders for the logo.

As they say, the devil is in the details.

Can't agree more.

Would it also be fair to assume that the reason for 3 mountains/whitecaps is the same reason that the Timbers will have 3 chevrons: to represent the 3 stages of the Whitecaps name NASL, USL, and now MLS

I think it's a great update and makes a fantastic addition to some of the more modern crests in MLS

I assumed the three mountains represented the Vancouver North Shore mountains; Seymour, Cypress and Grouse

For what it's worth, I recently saw this...

newlogostory.jpg

... and actually feel that the addition of the small "whitecap" on the middle "mountain peak" does wonders for the logo.

As they say, the devil is in the details.

Yeah. That really does make a difference for the better, and I already liked it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

newlogo.jpg

beau-ti-ful

How is that a modernization? its a completely different take on the name. this is a rebrand all the way. its an alright logo for a bottle of spring water, but will be mocked in the NW for years to come.

Build a Bonfire.

Not a huge fan, but its an upgrade from what they have now.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

newlogo.jpg

beau-ti-ful

How is that a modernization? its a completely different take on the name. this is a rebrand all the way. its an alright logo for a bottle of spring water, but will be mocked in the NW for years to come.

Build a Bonfire.

Its better then just a picture of an axe...

newlogo.jpg

beau-ti-ful

Build a Bonfire.

Ha! That's hilarious, and completely true.

Archived