Vancouver Whitecaps to unveil new brand on June 8th

BrySmalls

monochrome blue as a 2nd.

white with blue pinstripes as a 1st.

big disappointed, they needed the chest stripe.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp, no stripe.

Primary kits are all white, navy piping and some horizontal pinstriping (you'll see when pics are released), Giant BELL across the front, WC logo on left breast and right leg of shorts. Change kits are all navy, no piping.

Underwhelming, but I didn't expect anything crazy like the Sounders. Actually, they're about what I expected.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

113524952-3eaa1a8a1a0cde7e6ef199275.jpg

I actually like the white one. It's just not the single bold line that I had hope the Whitecaps would bring over to MLS.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I was hoping the chest stripe would come over, even if the "Whitecaps" across the chest would be replaced with the sponsor name. I would also have preferred a lighter blue, but perhaps they wanted to avoid being too close to the current blue used by the Canucks.

Are those diamonds on the blue jersey a standard part of the Adidas fabric? Or is that something done to echo the logo shape?

And authentic jerseys will be $120 short sleeve, 130 long sleeve. I presume there will be replicas at a lower price point.

I actually like the white one. It's just not the single bold line that I had hope the Whitecaps would bring over to MLS.

Might we see the old single stripe on a throwback? I wouldn't doubt it, particularly when playing Cascadia Cup matches.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

Might we see the old single stripe on a throwback? I wouldn't doubt it, particularly when playing Cascadia Cup matches.

And the Nutrilite Canadian Championship matches. It's better than a pink kit!

Are these already some of the 2011 adidas templates?

I don't like mainly white kits generally, same goes for hoops, no matter if thin, thick or even worse all diffrent sizes. As mentioned, even keeping the single blue band, now with the sponsor within would have been much of an upgrade while keeping some tradition for example.

the away shirt on the other hand is superb.

I'm hoping that these diamond/VW (as in Vancouver Whitecaps) shapes are the sparehead of a cool club specific design pattern which every club who wishes to do so, can integrate on his uniforms.

I think those are very sharp. Easily the best kits in MLS right now. Too bad the club is :censored:.

The club is still a division 2 club. Let's wait and see how they fill in their roster when entering MLS.

I think those are very sharp. Easily the best kits in MLS right now. Too bad the club is :censored:.

The club is still a division 2 club. Let's wait and see how they fill in their roster when entering MLS.

They could sign Kaka, Messi and Ribery and Vancouver will always be :censored:.

1zqy8ok.gif

Was hoping they'd keep the stripes, but holy :censored:, from a pure design standpoint, those are gold. I might actually buy an MLS jersey, and these two are probably the best in the whole league (Colorado's maroon may squeak ahead). The subliminal pattern is perfect, the pinstripes I like a lot, but am wondering if it would've looked better as a fixed width. Fantastic identity going into the MLS, IMO. Hopefully Portland is the same.

Also love how Adidas didn't go piping crazy, hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

These are very classy. The thin stripes on white are crisp and the subliminated pattern on the (very nice shade of) dark blue is tasteful. They're a great international football kit--not just some flashy American soccer jersey.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived