No More Marlins Scoreboard?

rmackman

I saw another version of this story where they said no stadium needs out-of-town scoreboards anymore since anyone who cares can just look up scores on their phone. :rolleyes:

It is now official Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphin/Dolphins/Land Shark/Sunlife Stadium is the ugliest in MLB.

Tropicana Field is still worse. It's like going to a baseball game in a Sam's Club.

That is the perfect analogy for that place. I used to say Tropicana Field is like watching a game in a giant basement because I couldn't come up with anything that truly captured the misery of the experience. Now I have something. Well said.

BB52Big.jpg

I saw another version of this story where they said no stadium needs out-of-town scoreboards anymore since anyone who cares can just look up scores on their phone. :rolleyes:

It is now official Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphin/Dolphins/Land Shark/Sunlife Stadium is the ugliest in MLB.

Tropicana Field is still worse. It's like going to a baseball game in a Sam's Club.

Not even close the trop has more fans, isn't hot as balls, and has some things to do.

That scoreboard needed more than a few lightbulbs. It would shut off during games, the AL scoreboard always had 2 or 3 non-existent rain delays and games would disappear at random.

Out of town scores are now posted on the LED ribbon (RF and LF corners) and in the board right above the former Teal Monster in the Dolphins Ring of Honor.

It's fun to report half the story.

1997 | 2003

It is a good football stadium and should only be a football stadium

"Good football stadium" would not win a majority with people who regularly attend games. The new amenities are nice, but the seats are very far from the field and the lower bowl is not rounded to give fans a more direct view of the center of the field.

The Dolphins have talked about tearing out the lower bowl when the Marlins leave. That would be a huge upgrade and make it a good facility. Right now, it is still a facility built for football with compromises for baseball in mind.

1997 | 2003

Balls are actually at a cooler temperature than the rest of the body.

except when you do the fast and furious five knuckle shuffle.

And people think all we talk about around here are uniforms and logos. This place is also a source for some pretty important information.

BB52Big.jpg

Pen Island, Eaton Beaver and now this gem? You should be on tour.

Don't forget Fuzzy's Taco Shop.

This dude challenges Tank for futility when it comes to comedy.

Pen Island, Eaton Beaver and now this gem? You should be on tour.

Don't forget Fuzzy's Taco Shop.

This dude challenges Tank for futility when it comes to comedy.

He's the new Dane Cook, but without the subtlety.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to remember something about the Marlins' earliest days at Joe Robbie Stadium. Was there a time when that scoreboard listed inning-by-inning scores of all out-of-town games (like Wrigley)? Or is that just my imagination.

(As a scoreboard afficianado, this whole idea disappoints me, but I sort of understand the logic. If you have any other photos of it, I collect them.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I'm trying to remember something about the Marlins' earliest days at Joe Robbie Stadium. Was there a time when that scoreboard listed inning-by-inning scores of all out-of-town games (like Wrigley)? Or is that just my imagination.

(As a scoreboard afficianado, this whole idea disappoints me, but I sort of understand the logic. If you have any other photos of it, I collect them.)

You're absolutely right.

LvZYtbZ.png

You're absolutely right.

Thanks for finding that. I was doubting my sanity (more than usual).

CK3ZP8E.jpg

It is a good football stadium and should only be a football stadium

"Good football stadium" would not win a majority with people who regularly attend games. The new amenities are nice, but the seats are very far from the field and the lower bowl is not rounded to give fans a more direct view of the center of the field.

The Dolphins have talked about tearing out the lower bowl when the Marlins leave. That would be a huge upgrade and make it a good facility. Right now, it is still a facility built for football with compromises for baseball in mind.

Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't it intentionally like that so it could potentially host a baseball team?

oBIgzrL.png

Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't it intentionally like that so it could potentially host a baseball team?

If I'm not mistaken, it was built to accommodate football, soccer, and baseball, in that order. Fitting a soccer pitch had more to do with the larger field, I believe.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived