Tampa Bay Rays Redo

TopCat

Hi.

I set out on a mission to create a more meaningful identity for the Rays. Their current identity is garbage, but the colors are decent. Too generic, too standard, you get the idea. So I thought to myself and I said, "Hey TC, you should try and make them look not generic or standard." Then an idea popped into my head, I was going to return them to the days of looking like an expansion team. Now to the present time, I present you this. This look returns to the days of when the only meaning of their name was a cartilaginous fish. But, instead of going back to green and black, I dropped the black and added orange! I think it adds a nice Florida/sunny/beach feel. And instead of white, I used a cream color that sorta kinda may or may not give off a "sandy" vibe. Now take a look at this script and compare it to Rays scripts of the past. I took elements from each of them in an effort to fuse together a this one. The main uniforms are back to being sleeveless, but the alternates are sleeved. That's really all I have to say about this.

UPDATED: 6/20/10

RaysNEWLogos.png

RaysNEWUniforms.png

RaysNewAlt.png

First try: Logos, Uniforms 1, Uniforms 2

Alright fellas, rip it to shreds.

Like this except for the "A" in Rays. I don't like how it comes to such a sharp point there with the rest of the letters being more curvy than anything. I'd also make the "TB" alternate green, as it would look better with gray pants than the orange would and the lack of a Tampa Bay script is the reason I'm suggesting this.

That said, I love the vests. Good work overall here.

6fQjS3M.png

Wow, this really looks great. Excellent color scheme, great idea to go with a sandy color in stead of white. The scripts look great as well, however the ones on the home and road uniforms look kind of odd; try using the darker green as the outermost outline. I'd love to see a Tampa Bay script as well.

I really like this, although I'm a little iffy on the orange bill on the hats. I'd also like a Tampa Bay script for the roads, but this is certainly a thing of beauty.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I LOVE this! The color combo works well. That third jersey is awesome. But I have one suggestion, maybe piping down the jersey like the rays currently have.

I agree. I love the colors and I love that you brought back the manta ray logo front and center.

I agree with everyone else about the colors, they work very well for the Rays. The only major problem I have with this is the primary logo looks a little bland to me. I just think you could do more than a plain oval. Perhaps try a beach-ish theme? Maybe like a sun or waves, stuff like that. Other than that, I think you did a really nice job here. Especially on the uniforms.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I agree with everyone else about the colors, they work very well for the Rays. The only major problem I have with this is the primary logo looks a little bland to me. I just think you could do more than a plain oval. Perhaps try a beach-ish theme? Maybe like a sun or waves, stuff like that. Other than that, I think you did a really nice job here. Especially on the uniforms.

Wordmark reminds me a lot of this:

DLeagueIowaLogo.PNG

phitinsig.png

The logos look pretty good, but consider a few things. A green devil ray on a green oval would be hard to see; try tinkering with the colors to get some sort of contrast there.

As far as uniforms go it looks good, but with that sharp pointy wordmark, try a non block, sharp looking font.

Nice work.

Looks great TC! One if not the best Rays concepts I've ever seen on the boards. I really like the custom script. The color scheme is unique and it works perfectly. Looking forward to the final draft with a Tampa Bay script as that would be my only suggestion but it looks awesome.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Alright guys, here is the first update (also on the first post). All I did was make a Tampa Bay script for the roads and changed the home cap bill color to green, so the only cap with an orange bill will be considered an alternate cap. I tried orange piping all the way down the front but it was an orange overkill in my opinion. I'm still not set on the primary or the uniforms, but I got the new script out of the way so you guys could check it out.

RaysNEWLogos.png

RaysNEWUniforms.png

RaysNewAlt.png

How's that? Keep the comments coming!

Archived