Anyone who remembers the PROLOGO / P.I.L.L. saga featuring the "Washington (Independent) Baseball Logo"

andrewharrington

Haha! It's good to see we aren't the only ones that are critical of his self-righteous self. It looks like "Joannou?s eagles look like they?ve taken a dip in BP?s Gulf of Mexico". OUCH!

I remember it well. P.I.L.L. is infamous on these boards. But I have to admit, when the Caps unveiled that W-eagle I thought of him. Not because of that exact logo, though. I remembered him trying to do something with the Washington Monument and a W. And wasn't all his W stuff intended for the soon-to-be Nationals? Still waiting for the winking Oriole to debut.

EDIT: Ha. Missed the first P.I.L.L. reference by seconds.

Prologo was the best thing ever. For Christ's sake, this is the guy that came up with "NicoTan," the smoking-cessation sunscreen, and actually tried to market it in real life. I couldn't even come up with "NicoTan" as a joke, and all I do is sit around trying to think up wacky portmanteaux. What a gift to this earth.

Hah! He actually did it.

I remember I asked who he was and (I think) BBTV linked the site on some thread. His site was just a page with a HUGE image with his work. No links, just for show. Most of it was about his stupid caps logo.

Prologo was the best thing ever. For Christ's sake, this is the guy that came up with "NicoTan," the smoking-cessation sunscreen, and actually tried to market it in real life. I couldn't even come up with "NicoTan" as a joke, and all I do is sit around trying to think up wacky portmanteaux. What a gift to this earth.

NicoTan also led to my idea for FrancoAmeriTan, a tomato sauce-scented sunscreen for fatasses.

NicoTan also led to my idea for FrancoAmeriTan, a tomato sauce-scented sunscreen for fatasses.

I put the meatball in my belly button!

The best part is that the article only referred to him as a lowly fan and not the freelance designer he passed himself off to be.

And for the record, his logos would only be worthy for the cheap background television shots in sci-fi movies, like the odd Miami Gators logo in Back to the Future 2. Especially the Orioles logo where the bird looked like it had been recoiling after taking a right uppercut to the beak.

5 1/2 years later, and still just as batty and wacky as ever before. I love the fact that the entire CCSLC basically had to tell him that he didn't create the Nationals identity, he lost the Penguins case, and now this. Why not go 0-for-3? Hell, go for the golden sombrero with the New York Islanders logo as well.

I put the meatball in my belly button!

If that isn't a Ralph Wiggum quote, it should be.

Archived