Anyone who remembers the PROLOGO / P.I.L.L. saga featuring the "Washington (Independent) Baseball Logo"

andrewharrington

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Haha! It's good to see we aren't the only ones that are critical of his self-righteous self. It looks like "Joannou?s eagles look like they?ve taken a dip in BP?s Gulf of Mexico". OUCH!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I remember it well. P.I.L.L. is infamous on these boards. But I have to admit, when the Caps unveiled that W-eagle I thought of him. Not because of that exact logo, though. I remembered him trying to do something with the Washington Monument and a W. And wasn't all his W stuff intended for the soon-to-be Nationals? Still waiting for the winking Oriole to debut.

EDIT: Ha. Missed the first P.I.L.L. reference by seconds.

Prologo was the best thing ever. For Christ's sake, this is the guy that came up with "NicoTan," the smoking-cessation sunscreen, and actually tried to market it in real life. I couldn't even come up with "NicoTan" as a joke, and all I do is sit around trying to think up wacky portmanteaux. What a gift to this earth.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Prologo was the best thing ever. For Christ's sake, this is the guy that came up with "NicoTan," the smoking-cessation sunscreen, and actually tried to market it in real life. I couldn't even come up with "NicoTan" as a joke, and all I do is sit around trying to think up wacky portmanteaux. What a gift to this earth.

NicoTan also led to my idea for FrancoAmeriTan, a tomato sauce-scented sunscreen for fatasses.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

NicoTan also led to my idea for FrancoAmeriTan, a tomato sauce-scented sunscreen for fatasses.

I put the meatball in my belly button!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The best part is that the article only referred to him as a lowly fan and not the freelance designer he passed himself off to be.

And for the record, his logos would only be worthy for the cheap background television shots in sci-fi movies, like the odd Miami Gators logo in Back to the Future 2. Especially the Orioles logo where the bird looked like it had been recoiling after taking a right uppercut to the beak.

VmWIn6B.png

5 1/2 years later, and still just as batty and wacky as ever before. I love the fact that the entire CCSLC basically had to tell him that he didn't create the Nationals identity, he lost the Penguins case, and now this. Why not go 0-for-3? Hell, go for the golden sombrero with the New York Islanders logo as well.

I put the meatball in my belly button!

If that isn't a Ralph Wiggum quote, it should be.

Archived