NFL Sunday Ticket

I think I may not renew this year. They've jacked up the price by almost $100 this season. WTF? They are now giving you the Super Fan Package. No choice, I don't want that. I've just about had it with DirecTV!!! I may just listen to the games on Sirius & go to the bar for a few games. Last season 17 weeks came out to a little over $14.00 a week. This year it's over 18.50 a week. Screw them!!! :cursing:

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I was ready to cancel NFL Sunday Ticket, $314.93 is just way too much. So I called DirecTV & told them to cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket. They started offering me deals left & right. They gave me the package for 6 payments of $49.99 ($299.94). One month of free service ($57.49). And $10.00 off my monthly service for the next year. A 17 week NFL season is costing me $7.20 a week. Score!!! (bow)

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

It's still too much when you consider you will waste that on the Browns.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Says the guy who's team went 1-15. I also get to watch any other NFL game I want. You can be sure the one team I won't waste my time watching are the Rams.

I like justin.tv more.

I wish though that the NFL offered pay-per-view online. I'd happily pay $2.50-5.00 for a HQ stream of any Bills game. There are people who absolutely can't get Direct TV (myself included). Why not open other options?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I like justin.tv more.

I wish though that the NFL offered pay-per-view online. I'd happily pay $2.50-5.00 for a HQ stream of any Bills game. There are people who absolutely can't get Direct TV (myself included). Why not open other options?

Great point. I've often wondered about that myself. It's an easy revenue stream that's just sitting there waiting to be tapped.

BB52Big.jpg

The Browns are precisely why I have NFL Sunday Ticket. With Sunday Ticket I'm not stuck watching the Browns. :D

If the Browns are on, I'm watching them. But it sure is nice getting to chose what game to watch either before or after the Browns game.

The Browns are precisely why I have NFL Sunday Ticket. With Sunday Ticket I'm not stuck watching the Browns. :D

If the Browns are on, I'm watching them. But it sure is nice getting to chose what game to watch either before or after the Browns game.

Same here. It's also nice to be able to check out all the other games during commercials etc.

BB52Big.jpg

It's still overpaying provided you have NFL RedZone.

It comes out to $7.20 a week over a 17 week season. How's that overpaying? Go to a sportsbar & you'll spend at least $25.00 on food & drink. I rather stay at home.

I like justin.tv more.

Great point. I've often wondered about that myself. It's an easy revenue stream that's just sitting there waiting to be tapped.

I agree completely. Why in the world wouldn't the NFL want to offer each game via PPV? But I believe DirecTV has an exclusive deal with the NFL. It's surprising that businesses sign such deals when overall they could make more money by offering consumers a range of options. It's a major gear grinder with me because the fans/customers are always the losers. Great example is how NFL 2K5 got steamrolled by the Madden franchise. 2K5 was a superior animation product yet we're stuck with Madden, which even five years later looks fake and jerky compared to 2K5. :cursing:

It's still overpaying provided you have NFL RedZone.

It comes out to $7.20 a week over a 17 week season. How's that overpaying? Go to a sportsbar & you'll spend at least $25.00 on food & drink. I rather stay at home.

You're right, it's not overpriced at all at that rate. I'd gladly pay that or more to get the Saints every week but since I despise DirecTV and can't see myself ever going back to them, I'm off to the local sports restaurant probably 10 times a year (we get Saints/Falcons plus of course whatever national games the Saints play).

Even that's a mixed experience since you have (often drunken) fans of many teams, some of them real loudmouthed jerks. Last year when the Saints played Miami there was this guy just yelling every time Miami did anything, audible through literally 3/4 of this place. The management "lets 'em play" so you just have to ignore it or leave. Of course this guy started winding down pretty quick after halftime and by the time the Saints' comeback was over, he was silent and looked like he'd just lost his puppy. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I agree completely. Why in the world wouldn't the NFL want to offer each game via PPV? But I believe DirecTV has an exclusive deal with the NFL. It's surprising that businesses sign such deals when overall they could make more money by offering consumers a range of options. It's a major gear grinder with me because the fans/customers are always the losers. Great example is how NFL 2K5 got steamrolled by the Madden franchise. 2K5 was a superior animation product yet we're stuck with Madden, which even five years later looks fake and jerky compared to 2K5. :cursing:

You know, MLB is leaps and bounds ahead of the NFL in terms of broadcasting options. You can watch every MLB game on cable or satellite (Extra innings), online, Apple i-Products, and PS3...and I may be missing a couple others. And it's all cheaper than NFL Sunday ticket. Granted, each MLB team has its own local network as opposed to the NFL's Big 4, but NFL's deal with DirectTV was incredibly shortsighted.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just think of it this way...

There are generally 4 time slots for NFL games

Sunday 1PM eastern

Sunday 4PM eastern

Sunday 8:30PM eastern

Monday 9:00PM eastern

If your favorite team plays during one of the Sunday afternoon slots, chances are you're going to watch it. Which leaves one other open spot. Usually, the other slot is filled with the best available game in that time going on.

Unless you feel the need to watch all 16 or so games a week, you're more or less paying for one game a week.

If you get NFL RedZone, it will automatically switch to all the games, depending on the scoring situation.

Football isn't like the other sports and their season packages. You get one or two days a week, instead of 7 days a week for the others.

$300 seems a lot to pay for one time spot a week.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Sunday 1PM eastern

Sunday 4PM eastern

If your favorite team plays during one of the Sunday afternoon slots, chances are you're going to watch it. Which leaves one other open spot. Usually, the other slot is filled with the best available game in that time going on.

Unless you feel the need to watch all 16 or so games a week, you're more or less paying for one game a week.

If you get NFL RedZone, it will automatically switch to all the games, depending on the scoring situation.

Football isn't like the other sports and their season packages. You get one or two days a week, instead of 7 days a week for the others.

Not paying $300. They gave me discounts because I said I wanted to cancel. Ends up costing me $122.54 for the season. Even if I were to only watch the Browns games, it comes out to $7.65 per game (since they only play 16 games over 17 weeks). You'd spend way more to go out and watch it at a sportsbar. Plus living in Dallas most Cowboys games are the late game. I don't want to watch them. All Browns games are a 1:00 pm eastern kick off this year. So I will be watching whatever 4:00 pm eastern game I want to watch.

Sunday 1PM eastern

Sunday 4PM eastern

The first statement only applies to fans who live in their team's market. I live outside Atlanta so obviously any time the Saints and Falcons play in the same time slot, the Falcons game is on here and I'm off to the sports bar if I want to watch the Saints. Even when they don't play in the same slot, seldom does the local channel show the Saints. To have any hope of seeing all Saints games live from my home, Sunday Ticket is, sadly, the only option.

The second statement assumes the viewer wants all the games, which isn't usually the case. What we want is the freedom to choose when not watching our own team. If the Patriots' slaughter of Tennessee is the only game on locally, wouldn't you want the ability to switch over to a better game?

Last year I spent $30 on NFL Rewind and it was a great investment. It allows you to watch every game on your computer in HD, but only after they're over. I really enjoyed that because there are no commercials, you have full DVR-like FF/REW controls, the sound is awesome, and you can watch at your leisure. Last year I listened to a couple of games on Sirius then watched them later. But on the other hand, I'll watch the Saints even when I know the game's outcome and some may not want to do that.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I know that DirecTV's exclusive deal with the NFL is up in 2014, and I hope that they (the NFL) can open Sunday Ticket to other video providers. That's one of the sticking points on why cable operators like Cablevision and Time Warner refuse to carry NFL Network.

Yeah this always baffled me. I know football is king and people will do/pay anything for it but for once a week that's nuts. The other packages which have games on all week cost what, $150 to $200?

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived