Baseball Stadium Designing

ezreiter3

Hey all,

Ever since I was a little boy I have had a fascination in designing fantasy ballparks for baseball teams. I always thought I'd go to school to be an architect. Now I'm a senior in college majoring in Exercise Physiology and Kinesiology, but I still have a love for fantasy architecture.

I have a few from years past that I might post if anyone is interested and I'm tinkering with a plan for a new downtown KC Royals ballpark, that I'll also post eventually.

I was just curious if anyone else had ever participated in this activity. Post your ideas or opinions and don't be shy :D

Travis

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like fun, but I've never done something like that, except for drawing them which they got lost somewhere....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I've always had a fascination with stadiums. I probably should have went to architecture, or at least civil engineering. Instead, I'm a fourth year mechanical engineering student. I've made models from paper and drawn on AutoCAD. (Anyone remember my bedroom drawings?) Generic designs mind you and they are mainly large multi-purpose facilities. It might take some time for me to think of an idea because the Royals already have a good ballpark. Imagine Kaufmann stadium in any downtown setting.

*edit* I forgot to mention I've got a paper model of a stadium that has an tall right field wall which is also one side of a 10 000 seat arena.

I saw, I came, I left.

Yea, I am a fanatic when it comes to stuff like that, even more than logos. I have a ton of ideas that I drew that are around my house on paper. These include the actually stadiums to street plans and stuff around them. A little crazy, but yea. Once I get my scanner up and running I'll post some ofthem.

I've done a few models on Solid Edge. In general, what I've been doing is taking old ballparks, keeping the general plan but squeezing and stretching some of the dimensions (Foul lines between 300 and 350, power alleys 370-420, center field 400-430), and adding a level for club seats and luxury boxes. The one that turned out the best was my "new" old Comiskey Park.

i draw stadiums on the computer using paint, they still look pretty good. So far I've done new stadiums for the dodgers expos marlins(retractable roof) and d rays

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I am an architecture fan, and love to draw out houses, offices, etc. I schooled in Industrial Design, so I'm all the time trying to come up with better flows of work.

As far as sports arenas go, I'm afriad I dont really know all the functions and spaces required to operate one to its full capacity.

I did really enjoy watching Bobby dodd/grandtfield undergo its huge renovations.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Any of you all who want to practice your skills and benefit a fellow member are more than welcome to put something together for my fantasy baseball and football teams.

The St. Louis Browns (Continental League) play in 27,000 seat George "Buzz" Westfall Stadium. It's intended to be a purely open air park (no retractable roof).

The St. Louis Aeros (Pro Football Alliance) play in 60,000 seat AG Edwards Stadium at the Westfall Sports Complex. Again, purely an open air stadium.

It's intended that both stadiums are within direct proximity, not unlike Kaufmann and Arrowhead in KC (AKA the Truman Sports Complex). The surrounding area is undeveloped land along the eastern banks of the Missouri River in Maryland Heights, MO (suburban St. Louis County).

Just thought someone might be interested in playing around with those ideas.

Whatever anyone wants to do will be accepted with much rejoicing. Pix and diagrams would be great but ultimately it's up to what anyone feels like doing. That's why this isn't on the requests board. It's more of a "by the way . . . " type thing.

This has nothing to do with the last few posts but I'd like to share my idea for a retractable roof that I invented for the Florida Marlins. First the stadium is an octagon with all sides equal. The roof consists of eight triangular panels that are stored somehow in the 8 walls of the stadium. I feel like if you hide them they will look nicer than other retractable roofs that are around now. When needed each panel is raised up out of the wall until the base of the triangle is level with the top of the stadium wall and all 8 triangles meet in the center to form a cone sort of.

I wish I had pictures but they are on paper and I don't have a scanner accesible.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Here's one design I made from AutoCAD. This was a multi-purpose stadium football/baseball etc. Here are some of it's features:

Capacity: 80 000 for football, 50 000 for baseball

Field dimensions: I've to check, but they are bigger than most stadiums.

The left field wall is really a gigantic building with the scoreboard on top.

The bottom green portion of the wall is further away from home plate as the rest of the wall (see pic2)

A home run would be anything above the red line.

Right field seats adn gold seats on the foul areas are temporary.

Bullpens are actually inside the building

http://www.geocities.com/jmahardi/JJMSC3b_baseball1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/jmahardi/JJMSC3b_baseball2.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/jmahardi/JJMSC3b_baseball3.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

nice autocad work.

number 3 makes it look like left field is about a 180 foot fence, and right is about 535.

Don't be a left-handed hitter in quad's world!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

nice autocad work.

number 3 makes it look like left field is about a 180 foot fence, and right is about 535.

Don't be a left-handed hitter in quad's world!

I'm biased, I'm right handed. That left field fence is actually pretty tall, think it was over 200ft, I'll have to check. I should explain why that is. That wall is actually part of a complex that includes two 20 000 seat arenas, one of basketball and one for hockey. I probalby will post those at a later time.

All I know is the left field line is only 310 feet (to the green wall which is 30 feet tall) above that is 300 feet from home.

The right filed line is 350 feet, I think, but take away those seats, it would be about 500ft. I'll add more information later...

I saw, I came, I left.

I think I'd be scared to play in Quad's park. That big screen along with all the windows makes me think that Big Brother is watching...

...although it would be cool if the panes of glass there were extremely cheap to replace and very breakable, so that you could hit a homer but smashing one through the glass.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't do a baseball stadium, but since this is kinda related, I'll post this. About a year ago, I did a design project for my Master's thesis (in Architecture) that involved a 12,000-seat multi-purpose arena (primarily for minor league hockey) just south of downtown Milwaukee (my hometown, Discriminhater and MilTownMVP may know exactly where I put it). I don't have access to the renderings (interior for pre-thesis, exterior photomontages for my final presentation) right now because I'm at work, but I'll post them later tonight if anyone's interested...

QPR%20Sig.png

Reminds me of a combination of Minute Maid Park and old Exhibition Stadium in Toronto.

I was thinking Minute Maid Park as well, without the Crawford boxes.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Archived