NFL concepts

chestnutz

Haven't done a non-soccer concept in ages, and have been bored as hell in the month or so before I go to college, so decided to get into football again (never too early). Here we go with Washington, which is a total rebrand. So, presenting the...

I changed the name. Never been a fan of Redskins, there's been controversy over it, just decided to go with Warriors since I've always thought that's a badass name.

However, I used the 'Skins logo history here for my own. The concept is a mix of the face of my Chargers concept and the basic idea of my old old Chiefs concept, with the headdress and ragged edges.

Went for an old person look here, even though I realize that doesn't make much sense with Warriors (probably moreso for Chiefs, but whatever). It's an update of their current logo really, which I think is one of the worst in the NFL. Seriously I wouldn't buy anything with that thing on it. But something seems really off with my guy's face. I'm hoping you guys can help me. Should I just scratch it all and go for a younger guy look? I know something is bad about it but I'm not exactly sure.

Took the whole feathers on a circle logo and updated it for a secondary, adding the W from the wordmark (and it's on the headdress).

Simple wordmark, since most recent NFL redesigns use them.

Maroon and yellow is one of my favorite color combos, so I really wanted to use it well here. I darkened the red a bit to look more like their old jerseys and kept the same color gold.

Uniforms feature primary logo on sleeves, a pretty simple striping pattern that looks like a Nike college basketball template kind of. With NFL jerseys shrinking and shrinking, you can't really go too complicated on the sleeves.

So, C&C for my first concept in a long time! I'll try and do more teams but can't promise anything.

Oh and BTW I'm using the whole presentation/write up template that dngmrrw (probably totally butchered that name) and CJayZ have been using, I think it's a real clean way to present a concept and I like it (with the links to different pages)

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its good but, in my opinion, the face looks kind of wierd.

And, if the team were to do something like this, to be more PC, they would probably avoid an Indian's face, i mean thats part of the whole PC thing too.

But even if you were to keep an Indian head, i think you need to edit it a little, it just doesnt look that intimidating. Please dont take this the wrong way, but his face actually looks kind of funny.

I think you should try to make him look a little younger. Something about his nose, eye, and forehead look a little off. Maybe try playing around with it.

What im trying to say, is that its kind of hard to improve on the indian head they have now, both from an artistic sense, and a historic/fanbase sense. I think you should either get rid of the head altogether, or make it look more fierce or intimidating.

The current one looks calm and resolved, yours looks sort of stressed out/confused/worried.

Im also not a huge fan of that font, as it reminds me or burger king for some reason.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I really like the jersey set here. Especially the minimal use of white in stripes and such. I have to agree though that it would be best to just leave out the profile logo ala Golden State. Simply using the W logo or a spear/arrow could possibly work.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Looks good, although I would drop the shoulder stripes on both front and back. For as PC as the people who have cried out about the "Redskins" logo, i'm sure they'd freak out about "Warriors" as well, considering the changes made at other levels of teams with the Warriors name.

One of my favorite Redskins concepts I have seen. Love everything except the primary Indian head. This needs work, or as others have stated, dropped in lieu of a spear or something. What about just using the headdress as the primary?

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Take a look at this:

3536153400_c297f90cdb.jpg

Aside from minor issues, the basis of the disproportion here is all in the forehead. Where the front edge of the face should create a soft vertical arc, yours pokes out too much near the top, specifically around the hairline, which makes the feathers look so far back.

When I do human renderings (or any realistic rendering for that matter), I ALWAYS double-check my proportions with a reference, which will always provide you with a more natural looking subject. A little tip here: If you draw/sketch your human concepts on paper first, you usually start of with a simple circle for the general structure of the skull, then add a jaw-line, with provides your character with a perspective and a template to set your proportions. (I'll try and get a pic up later if need be.)

As for the uniforms, they look pretty spiffy; a bit modern for a team with as much history as the 'Skins (Warriors), but I like the feel of it.

The indian looks deathly ill, and doesn't have eyes. Granted, he has to watch Donovan McNabb vomit on a near weekly basis now, so he probably intentionally removed his own eyes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thanks all for the help, especially CJayZ, that picture helped me a lot.

So here we go with an update.

Totally redid the face. Went for a younger feel this time since Warriors are young (I realize it's still not very PC, but eh whatever).

The secondary logo stays the same.

I always wanted to do something with a spear, but I felt like I couldn't just drop the head in circle logo since the 'Skins have almost always used it as the primary.

Dropped the double stripe on the uniforms, changed it to single to avoid too much clutter.

spacer.png

I have to agree that the indian-head is pretty useless in this set. The W-feathers do everything the indian does and does it more effectively. If you want to keep a link to their past, I would suggest updating the spear which seems to be preferred to the current indian-head regardless of PC connotations.

Thanks for the comments y'all!

From the NFC East to the AFC East, we're going to New York, where dreams are made, according to my girl Alicia Keys.

I've done the Jets before, making a plane logo and pretty much completely revamping them. I went much simpler here, going back to the good old AFL days.

The primary logo is something you all should be familiar with and is one of my favorite logos ever, and feel it could work so well today with a few tweaks. The Jet wordmark with the plane tail is so sleek and simple it works perfect for New York I think.

I also introduced a new secondary logo, which is inspired from their recent logo-in-circle marks and a little Batman/Gotham City spotlight negative space kind of thing. Simple but I felt a NY monogram was needed for the Jets.

I also kept it to two colors strictly, since green is such a beautiful color IMO, especially a nice dark, forest green (which I've exchanged here).

The helmets change big time, again one of my favorite things is the possibility of a simple jet stripe on the sides of the helmet.

The jerseys aren't too drastic a change, keeping the offcolor sleeves, and the stripe outside that, but instead it goes all the way down the side onto the pants.

The NY monogram is featured on the pants.

So, tell me what y'all think!

spacer.png

Not really digging the helmet on the Jets, looks like someone took a two-sided spear or fishing hook and bent it around the helmet. But I like the unis, and like the first Washington set.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

On some of these boards, I see people praising concepts that outright suck. These are not those concepts.

Not sure if I like the name change of the Redskins but if they ever had to, the Warriors name and these uniforms are what they should choose.

I really like the Jets also. Not a huge change with the unis, but great little changes. The helmet is a little plain but it looks good with the unis.

Can't wait to see more.

Your warriors update is on point, im really liking the logo and the helmet. Though im not a fan of the jets helmet, its a bit too plain(maybe try something like the 1963 helmet) and the secondary logo looks a bit too similar to the giants logo. The uniforms are a good upgrade from there current set, especially the road uniform.

122opcw.jpg

Archived