NFL concepts

chestnutz

I love the Bucs, some really good work here. I'm not too keen on the woodmark, mainly because I hate that font. The only real thing I would change, is make the red the primary home. Realistically, it's way too hot in Raymond James to wear black.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright thanks for the suggestions, have updated the Bucs set.

I recolored the primary logo for a now-pewter helmet. Totally new wordmark too, trying to make it more pirate like. I focused on red a lot more, making it the primary home color. New number font as well, more traditional. Dropped the monogram logo, kept the pirate ship logo and it's used on the sleeves. Hopefully the unis look less Oakland and Atlanta-esque.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

A lot better this time chestnutz. If I had to say one thing I don't like, it would be that the flag is darker than the outline. It generally seems that if the outline is darker, it looks better. Maybe a lighter black for the flag, with a strait up black for the outline. Doing that will let you make the sword(holding the flag) pewter in the logo.

Might as well take this time to introduce the next team, the team I'm a diehard fan of, Philadelphia.

It's always tough to do your favorite team, and this is the first time I've ever full out tried to redesign them. As many Iggles fans do, I LOVE the kelly green Reggie White/Randall Cunningham jerseys. I'd love if they went back to those colors. However, with their current logos, which are beautiful IMO, midnight green works better, and it's a very unique color in sports and I wanted to keep that.

I did some cleaning up though, as you'll notice I took away the highlights in the primary head to make it simpler and sleeker, take away some of the clutter in it. I did the same for the wordmark, getting rid of some extra outlines and shadows. The secondary logo is pretty much the same as the current (seldom used) one.

You'll also notice, especially in the uniforms, I changed around the focus of some colors. I shifted from black heavy to a dark gray, because I think a simple midnight green and gray pairing looks sexy as hell. So black and white are used minimally, to keep it from getting too drab. USC-like shoulder stripes are used as a nod to the Jaworski era jerseys, and I'm a huge fan of the different colored away jersey sleeve thing. The black jersey is the only thing I'm not sure about, but knowing the Eagles they'd definitely have a third jersey.

Also of note, I took away the details in the helmet wing, since throughout their history it's been a simple shape with no accents or designs, and again I think simple green and gray looks great.

spacer.png

I like the increased use of gray. I also prefer the shape of the wing, but I think the wing could use some white worked into it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like the simplicity of the helmet wing, but I think it may be too simple. Like OnWis97 said, maybe add some white details to it, so it will still be simple. Currently, it doesn't pop at me. I believe the white will make the helmet pop, and that would improve the uniforms IMO.

Very good.

Punch9

Have to agree with the above comments, a little white piping on the helmet wing would be nice. Like what you have done with the eagles as a whole but I think both Eagles on the sleeve should face forward.

Huge upgade on the buc's, although now the helmet logo gets a bit lost but I really like the new wordmark.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Sorry, Erik, I'm not really feeling the Eagles concept. The actual design isn't as much of an issue as the color scheme... if you want to keep midnight green, that's one thing, but midnight green, black, and charcoal do nothing to resolve the biggest issue with the current set... that's how extraordinarily drab it is. If you're going to keep the darker green, work in a lighter gray instead of charcoal, or play around with something else besides black.

Wow the Bucs is great now, I love the new script. As far as the Eagles goes, I agree that it is too drab. I think you should lighten it up a bit. Also I know that the gray wing on the helmet is a nod to the Eagles history, but I think the current wing is far superior. Also the gray on the midnight green just makes for a dull and dark helmet. I think that part of their history should stay in their history. But what do I know, I'm a Giants fan.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

for Tampa the logo coloring is a tad awkward, and the piping is way too similar to the Jaguars for my taste. I love the overall look, and the script though.

For Philly, to me, removing the detail on the helmet wing is a huge mistake. The rest of the uniform design is pretty darn good though.

Your Bucs and Eagles updates are great. I love each of them. I really like what you did with the Jets and the "Redskins". If they were forced to change their name, I hope they go to something similar to what you made.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

GREAT Eagles update. I wouldnt even bother with a black jersey, the first two sets are so good

I totally know what you mean, I'm not a particular fan of it either, but I felt it had to be done because the Eagles current black jersey is pretty popular among casual fans.

spacer.png

Archived