NFL concepts

chestnutz

I kinda like this. It would definately take some time getting used to on the field, especially with the horizontal striped helmets (the only 'horizontal striped' helmets I've know of are used by the Seattle Seahawks), which look pretty spiffy as a concept. The uniforms look real nice, Love the NY momgram as well. I would switch back to the standard NFL black with the serifs on the 4 and 7, just a small nitpick.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda like this. It would definately take some time getting used to on the field, especially with the vertical striped helmets (the only 'vertical striped' helmets I've know of are used by the Seattle Seahawks), which look pretty spiffy as a concept. The uniforms look real nice, Love the NY momgram as well. I would switch back to the standard NFL black with the serifs on the 4 and 7, just a small nitpick.

What am I missing here? What is vertical about the striping? Can you explain this for me or was it just a typo for horizontal? I am being serious, I think I am missing some lingo here or something.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I kinda like this. It would definately take some time getting used to on the field, especially with the vertical striped helmets (the only 'vertical striped' helmets I've know of are used by the Seattle Seahawks), which look pretty spiffy as a concept. The uniforms look real nice, Love the NY momgram as well. I would switch back to the standard NFL black with the serifs on the 4 and 7, just a small nitpick.

What am I missing here? What is vertical about the striping? Can you explain this for me or was it just a typo for horizontal? I am being serious, I think I am missing some lingo here or something.

Oops, getting pretty later over here. Sorry about the typo, I meant horizontal.

Oops, getting pretty later over here. Sorry about the typo, I meant horizontal.

Oh OK, thought it was just me there for a sec, didn't know what to think.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Back to the NFC, here's the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I love their current primary logo, but decided to do some color changing. I focused more on pewter in this set, since it's such a unique color. Dropped orange, felt the focus on pewter made orange one too many colors.

New wordmarks, going for a dark theme here, with a TB monogram secondary logo. I tried to get the sword in there going through the B or something, but it just didn't work so I kept it as letters. Kept the current ship logo (recolored) as another alternate.

I normally don't do crazy modern designs, but felt the Bucs needed one here. I wanted a pewter helmet, but with the recolored logo it just didn't work. So they may end up looking a little like the Falcons, but that's why I used pewter more.

Black is the primary home color with red as an alternate.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Really liking the Bucs, only...

I don't like the pewter flag on a black helmet.

I think the current Bucs script is something I wouldn't want to change.

But otherwise,I like it.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

I really like this Bucs design! I like the striping, and I'm glad you made black a main color since they use it so much already. Personally I would add an outline to the numbers on the home and away and put the ship back on the sleeves, but otherwise good work! I'd like to see what you can do with the Bears, since their unis are so traditional.

I'm not a fan of your work on the Buccaneers.

By making pewter more prominent on the logos, you took away the place where it looks was best: on the helmet, where it could be metallic. You'd be far better off with a black flag, pewter football and sword, and pewter helmet.

Right now, there's just too much black, and the curvy stripes down the sides of the uniform don't really say 'Bucs' to me.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I really like this Bucs design! I like the striping, and I'm glad you made black a main color since they use it so much already. Personally I would add an outline to the numbers on the home and away and put the ship back on the sleeves, but otherwise good work! I'd like to see what you can do with the Bears, since their unis are so traditional.

There are gold outlines, just thin (I guess a bit too thin since you can't see them).

Thanks for the comments everyone. I went back and forth on pewter/black helmet and flip flopped the colors a lot. I've got the Eagles next, my team.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I think you should go back to the creamsicles for the Bucs.

I don't know why people keep saying this... they already have the throwbacks which is all they really need. The creamsicles were worn by some of the worst teams in NFL history and the petwer is what they wore when they finally won a Super Bowl and stopped being the butt of every NFL joke. It makes absolutely no sense for them to go back.

A huge miss on the Bucs IMO. Don't like the black at all, the wordmarks on the uniform are very difficult to read, and the numbers just look off. Not to mention, Al Davis got miffed last time they changed uni's thinking they were too close to the Raiders, can't imagine how he would feel about these. But that would actually be a plus if it irritated him.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I'm REALLY hoping you could go back to this and do some tweaks, cause I think you're real close.

-Not a fan of the black helmet either. I'd recolor the flag red again then make the helmet pewter with a black facemask.

-That word mark, although I personally like the font, just is not working for a team with a pirate/buccaneer theme. U would like to see something more 'striking' and aged to fit the rugged feel of a buccaneer.

-Number font: same treatment as the wordmark.

-Eh... red should be the pimary color. Even though the black looks pretty nifty, I believe that if you make the change back to red, the uniforms and logos would look much more lively and less insignificant and flat with the darker black.

-The secondary TB logo, I feel, isn't as strong enough as say, the pirate ship or waving flag logos; you're better off dumping it from the set and using the ship on the sleeves.

With these few changes, I think you'd really have a great set. Looking foward to the Eagles.

Washington's uniforms are phenomenal. I love the addition of the stripes on the sides and sleeves. These are definitely better than what they have now. The logo is also an upgrade from their current Indian head primary.

As for the Jets, though, I'm not into the logo. I'm excited over you're reintroduction of their 80s and 90s logo, but I feel the addition of the caps on the letters take away from the motion the original logo made. Now the uniforms, however, look great. Don't change a thing.

The Bucs I think could use a lot of work. I think C Jay Z is onto something with his suggestions.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived