Maybe you should eat before you go watch your favorite team

NEW.ERA

What arena had the most vendor's fail the most health inspections.

Sorry Washington and Tampa Bay fans.

The whole State of Florida is horrible.

American Airlines Arena

Miami Heat

Vendors with critical violations: 93%

Inspection report excerpt: Critical violations included several safety issues related to electrical wiring and such equipment as gas boilers.

Amway Arena

Orlando Magic

Vendors with critical violations: 75%

Inspection report excerpt: At a location that sells fish, inspectors found potentially hazardous ready-to-eat food not consumed/sold within a week of opening/preparation.

BankAtlantic Center

Florida Panthers

Vendors with critical violations: 67%

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors issued several violations for soiled ice bins and coolers.

Jacksonville Municipal Stadium

Jacksonville Jaguars

Vendors with critical violations: 77%

Inspection report excerpt: At least 11 locations cited for holding hot food at temperatures below 135 degrees, causing potential bacterial growth.

Raymond James Stadium

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Vendors with critical violations: 84%

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors found chicken tenders not being cooked to the required 165 degrees.

St. Pete Times Forum

Tampa Bay Lightning

Vendors with critical violations: 88%

Inspection report excerpt: At one location with five critical violations, an inspector saw an employee handle dirty dishes and then put away clean dishes without washing his/her hands or changing gloves. The same location lacked soap at a hand sink.

Sun Life Stadium

Miami Dolphins, Florida Marlins

Vendors with critical violations: 93%

Inspection report excerpt: In June 2009, an employee complained anonymously that small insects and other debris were blended into frozen alcoholic beverages at a stand where equipment wasn't being cleaned. When inspectors checked, they issued a critical violation for a buildup of slime inside the frozen drinks machine.

Tropicana Field

Tampa Bay Rays

Vendors with critical violations: 100%

Inspection report excerpt: Several violations addressed dirty countertops, utensils and equipment. Although every report indicated a critical violation, all vendors met basic inspection standards to keep operating.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

What arena had the most vendor's fail the most health inspections.

It was the vendor's failing? Or the vendors failed?

Anyway, Florida is a big mess. All of this goes back to greed. Inept workers are hired without much training, and nobody replaces them because they're cheap.

Sheesh what it was with Florda stadia?

All those damn illegal immigrants taking American jobs! :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

See, I have a serious problem with this. At the same time, none of these reports surprise me.

What I wish that article would have included was a sample of the criteria checklist, if not an actual inspection checklist, that some of these inspectors used, because as I read through that list, I saw all kinds of things that did not match up, which makes me question the validity of the inspection criteria in the first place.

Rather than go into food safety inspector mode (which by the way, I'm still certified in), I'll just skip all the hubbub and throw this out there for anyone who questions the validity of any food service stands--or establishments--you see anywhere: If you do not see any ServSafe certificates in plain view, ask the manager to see them. Each manager and.or supervisor is required to complete that course. If they ain't got 'em, get the hell outta dodge.

(The only other thing I'll add to that is this: the 135-degree minimum for holding hot foods is pretty much BS to me. 41-140 degrees is the U.S. Army standard for the TDZ--that is, temperature danger zone. That's the one I go by when advising people, even though ServSafe standards are just a tadbit more liberal. As far as proper cooking temperatures, there's another piece left off...foods should hold temp for at least fifteen seconds.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

"Maybe you should eat before you go watch your favorite team"

This is why I smuggle candy bars and water bottles with those kool-aid single servings into games. As long as nobody suspects anthrax, I'm good. :P

Seriously, this is just another reason why you really shouldn't bother buying food from pro sporting events. Not only is it mad expensive, it's also barely passing (or failing) health inspections. Holy crap at Florida, that's outrageous.

According to the report, it's not a totally accurate gauge. Some states require the inspectors to give warning before showing up, others show up without warning.

Not to say these aren't disgusting findings; just that the passing stadia may not be worse off than shown.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I know it wasn't mentioned; however, I am wondering if the report included food and beverage establishments located on the outside of the arena, but are attached to the arena property. For example, when walking around the outside of the Verizon Center, one can choose from Chipotle, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, and the Greene Turtle.

38183d1237348242-dcs-verizon-center-vs-chicagos-united-2729718581_f2dedbda76.jpg

It's sad. Also I noticed Canada has lower % of health violations.. haha maybe we should take their sanitizers

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but Toronto has a great Food Health Program. Every restaurant (from Greasy Spoon, to McDonalds to Fine Dining) has to show the Health Inspection certificate in their front door or window. Basically it's a Green, Yellow or Red Certificate. Green is no violations, Yellow is some violations (conditional pass) and Red means the Restaurant is closed due to numerous violations (fail). Every concession at the Rogers Centre displays this certificate. The suburbs of Toronto have similar programs depending on their region, but it's something I think should be used in every municipality in the Country, and judging the results of this, in many places in the United State aswell.

1zqy8ok.gif

LA does that as well, only they issue letter grades.

restaurant-grade.jpg

Citi field and Yankee Stadium are high for ballparks that's not even 2 full years to it's debut :(

California scored pretty well, though. Tell me, Angelinos, since I can't remember - do they have to post inspection certificates at every stand? New York City has (finally!) adopted a similar Health Department requirement, where all restaurants have to post letter grades.

It's sad. Also I noticed Canada has lower % of health violations.. haha maybe we should take their sanitizers

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but Toronto has a great Food Health Program. Every restaurant (from Greasy Spoon, to McDonalds to Fine Dining) has to show the Health Inspection certificate in their front door or window. Basically it's a Green, Yellow or Red Certificate. Green is no violations, Yellow is some violations (conditional pass) and Red means the Restaurant is closed due to numerous violations (fail). Every concession at the Rogers Centre displays this certificate. The suburbs of Toronto have similar programs depending on their region, but it's something I think should be used in every municipality in the Country, and judging the results of this, in many places in the United State aswell.

I personally love the DineSafe program...I do feel better eating out now, especially in Toronto. I'll never forget the year before the program started, I went to the Harvey's at Union Station before a Jays game, and saw two rats pop out of a hole in the wall in the kitchen at the Harvey's. Good thing I hadn't paid yet. I stuck to other restaurants outside of Union after that.

Archived