Unpopular Opinions

On 7/4/2024 at 11:21 AM, FriedPickles said:

I liked Arizona's Uniforms with the Tennessee Titans Font

That wasn't the Titans font. That was Arizona's own proprietary font called Tucson Bold. https://www.ffonts.net/NCAA-Arizona-Wildcats-Tucson-Bold.font

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 minute ago, Kevin W. said:

That wasn't the Titans font. That was Arizona's own proprietary font called Tucson Bold. https://www.ffonts.net/NCAA-Arizona-Wildcats-Tucson-Bold.font

damn well I stand corrected, it's still one of the rare occasions where I prefer a custom font to a block font

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

The number font is the only part that's really custom. The letters are just a compressed Friz Quadrata, which the university uses as its official typeface.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like the Flying Vs, they would have to be modernized a bit today (maybe with Blue and Green, or all 5 colors), but they are an especially great design for that time.

original.png?1659033655

latest?cb=20101119115903

And this

wafflebored-canucks-v-1.jpg;w=1200;h=648

I also hadn't seen this before

screen-shot-2020-02-04-at-9.09.07-am.png

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Hurl 2
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Ark said:

I like the Flying Vs, they would have to be modernized a bit today (maybe with Blue and Green, or all 4 colors), but they are an especially great design for that time.

original.png?1659033655

latest?cb=20101119115903

And this

wafflebored-canucks-v-1.jpg;w=1200;h=648

I also hadn't seen this before

screen-shot-2020-02-04-at-9.09.07-am.png

Sometimes, you don't need a logo on a uniform/helmet. A provocative design will do the job just as well, if not better.

• Like 6

rAUPGPZ.png

3 hours ago, GrayJ12 said:

Sometimes, you don't need a logo on a uniform/helmet. A provocative design will do the job just as well, if not better.

I think this is true of Portugal's Euro 2024 uniform

3802968-77349288-2560-1440.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2024 at 8:41 PM, Ark said:

I think this is true of Portugal's Euro 2024 uniform

3802968-77349288-2560-1440.jpg

Those do have a logo on them, though. 😉

All teasing aside, I dramatically prefer soccer shirts that have the badge/logo over the left breast, as opposed to the center. One of the teams I support, Ajax, had a centered badge on their shirt from 1991 ...

spacer.png

... to 2008 ...

spacer.png

... and I never thought it looked good. 

They brought back the centered logo last year ...

spacer.png

but thankfully it appears to be a one-and-done change.

spacer.png

Edited by penguinopph
Found a better picture for one example

the seahawks green jerseys would be so much better if they switched to the shade of green used by the rest of thier branding instead of the snot color

modified: fXiStkK.png

original:

7oBmro7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Hurl 1

50 minutes ago, udubfan19 said:

the seahawks green jerseys would be so much better if they switched to the shade of green used by the rest of thier branding instead of the snot color

original:

7oBmro7.jpeg

Nah, that color's completely irredeemable. Burn those jerseys.

• Like 2
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, udubfan19 said:

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, udubfan19 said:

original:

7oBmro7.jpeg

I like the jerseys worn with blue pants as an alt. The all-green is just ridiculous though

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 1:03 PM, udubfan19 said:

original:

7oBmro7.jpeg

Lol apparently this is a true Unpopular Opinion.

But I really like the change you made, it's a big improvement.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2024 at 12:54 PM, penguinopph said:

Those do have a logo on them, though. 😉

By this logic the Flying V jerseys also had logos on them

s-l1200.webp

I don't agree with you because the main focus of that Portugal jersey is the red and green design, not the emblem that is tucked away in the corner.

On 7/14/2024 at 1:31 PM, Ark said:

By this logic the Flying V jerseys also had logos on them

s-l1200.webp

I don't agree with you because the main focus of that Portugal jersey is the red and green design, not the emblem that is tucked away in the corner.

I think that would be improved by either lowering the numbers and moving the logos to the pants, or reducing the logo size to a typical sleeve-patch size rather than nearly the size of a main crest.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would either keep the logos there and shrink them by about 25 percent, or reserve that space for special occasion patches, such as the Final. I've always liked the all-black version of that uniform. I'd rather come up with a white version for the road and drop the gold down to an alternate, or better yet, get rid of it.

Speaking of unpopular Canucks opinions, I believe my ranking of their eras is a near-opposite of most people:

1. Orca 1.0 (Blue/Silver/Red)

2. Spaghetti Plate 2.0 (90's)

3. Today's Green/Blue Orca (Since they've eliminated the text above the crest)

4. Spaghetti Plate 1.0 (Flying V)

5. OG Green/Blue Rink

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006