Unpopular Opinions

On 5/9/2024 at 12:57 AM, Rebuy said:

Not sure if these are unpopular but they might be.

1. Bills need to wear a red helmet. I grew up in the 90s and they just don't look right without a red lid. I feel like if they went back to the 90s look it'd be a huge upgrade.

I think your statement about when you grew up is what is the driving factor in what color the Bills' helmet ought to be. I'd be hard pressed to say this is or isn't an unpopular opinion.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't expected the 1997-2023 Denver Broncos number font to be so disliked. I thought it not only stood out for them, but it had a uniqueness tied to it that allowed it to stand the test of time IMO. It was just a visually appealing look. The 6 and 9 were weird, but not weird enough for me to consider it poor. Someone here mentioned the discrepancy in the thickness of the 1 compared to the other numbers. That's cool; I don't care.

Broncos Championship Stories: The cornerbacks

Dominant D carries Manning, Broncos to 24-10 Super Bowl win - ABC11  Raleigh-Durham

I am willing to acknowledge that it couldn't work for every uniform template, but by itself and for the Broncos, it was great.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

On 5/9/2024 at 11:58 AM, WSU151 said:

After seeing this in the Football Uniform Appreciation thread - the Ravens need to drop the drop-shadows and bring the original font style back. Would probably look even better on the smaller pads of today. 

And bring back the bird (or even front-facing bird head) on the sleeves. 

I legitimately think that the Ravens' logos and uniforms never would have changed if the primary wasn't plagiarized. they got it right the first time.

• Like 2

53Ocz8U.png

On 5/20/2024 at 9:04 AM, GrayJ12 said:

I enjoyed that late stage in the late 90s when the Dodgers decided to experiment with white on their uniforms.

Likewise, my favorite Dodgers road uniform is their 1959 set - "Los Angeles" script with the Brooklyn-style placket and sleeve trim.

item_65491_1.jpg

On 5/20/2024 at 10:04 AM, GrayJ12 said:

I enjoyed that late stage in the late 90s when the Dodgers decided to experiment with white on their uniforms.

Didn't they have blue buttons in the early 2000s, too? or is that a figment of my imagination?

4 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I didn't expected the 1997-2023 Denver Broncos number font to be so disliked. I thought it not only stood out for them, but it had a uniqueness tied to it that allowed it to stand the test of time IMO.

I always read the Broncos' new uniforms as sort of a signal that Denver was a thoroughly modern city now and not just a cowtown by the mountains. The numbers were a big part of that, but especially the modern wordmark replacing the big slab-serif Clarendon wordmark, which looked like it could have come off a pack of cigarettes. I liked the wordmark and numbers, but not the logo.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I didn't expected the 1997-2023 Denver Broncos number font to be so disliked. I thought it not only stood out for them, but it had a uniqueness tied to it that allowed it to stand the test of time IMO. It was just a visually appealing look. The 6 and 9 were weird, but not weird enough for me to consider it poor. Someone here mentioned the discrepancy in the thickness of the 1 compared to the other numbers. That's cool; I don't care.

Broncos Championship Stories: The cornerbacks

Not sure if that comment was mine. My earlier comment was about OSV’s graphic and how the 1 and 2 appeared to be poorly rendered and too thin. On the jerseys they were fine.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 5/20/2024 at 8:04 AM, GrayJ12 said:

spacer.png
spacer.png

I would love for them to bring that blue alt back.

Wow. I forgot about that blue alt.

White on the road jersey goes back to the 80s.  I'd love to see that back.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

6 hours ago, dont care said:

Wasn’t the blue just a spring training jersey?

No they wore them against the Angels in June of 1999, and then wore a different blue jersey with just the "LA" logo on the left chest in Pittsburgh in July of 1999. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.