2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a completely different note, in homer news: Phillip Rivers has now passed for 2,649 yards this season so far, easily setting the record for most passing yards within the first eight games of an NFL season. The prospects are very high of him breaking Marino's record this year.

I hate to burst your bubble, but records such as this one are gonna get destroyed when the NFL goes to an 18-game schedule in a couple seasons.

6uXNWAo.png

St. Louis needs a wideout rather desperately.

Another intriguing destination would be Detroit. Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, and Nate Burleson together would be a ridiculous three-headed monster that would certainly put fear into opposing defenses. The Lions might actually claw their way to .500 if they get Moss and he behaves himself.

Since I don't see that happening, I'll pass. The 2010 Lions, unlike teams in recent years, seem to fight until the final horn sounds. Since they've been coming up short more often than not, I don't see Moss fitting into that group.

Since Moss is making the reunion rounds, why not another stay with the Raiders? They're definitely in the AFC West hunt and could probably use his services.

I was thinking this, but at the sam time is Al Davis that senile?

Judging by how his team is actually decent now, I think Al Davis has somehow surpassed senility & is back to "normal" whatever that may be. So yeah, no he isn't.

Early speculation from Jay Glazer has the Redskins and Jets as frontrunners to make a waiver claim on Moss.

The Redskins might get him, but I don't see him lasting until the Jets. An AFC team in front of them (Miami) would probably put in a claim to block him from going to the Jets or Patriots.

Obviously, I want the Bears to go for him, because their second need is a big wideout that Cutler can actually have confidence throwing to. Moss is a guy that will make a catch even if its not a great pass, something Hester and Knox can't do. but, I'm sure some :censored:ty team will claim him first. Someone like the Cowboys

Side note: The waivers system is weird

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The list from Adam Schefter of teams that would be interested in Moss, and their place in waivers. Some teams interest might be overstated, some might only be interested in less than the $3.whatever that comes on his contract, and some might be flat-out wrong. There are a couple of places, too, where I wouldn't be surprised if should they claim Moss, he'd refuse to report to (I'm looking at YOU, Big D.)

No idea who has the tiebreakers right now.

Dallas Cowboys (1-6)

Washington Redskins (4-4)

Oakland Raiders (4-4)

St. Louis Rams (4-4)

Miami Dolphins (4-3)

Chicago Bears (4-3)

Seattle Seahawks (4-3)

Kansas City Chiefs (5-2)

New York Jets (5-2)

New England Patriots (6-1)

Do the Cowboys seriously need another receiver with Austin, Dez, Roy Williams, and Jason Witten to throw to. I don't think receiver is an issue in Big D. They need defensive backs and O-lineman badly.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Not a peep about the Saints taking out the Steelers? Thought the Saints looked pretty tough, especially with all the injuries in the secondary. If that version of the champs shows up every week, I'll be happy.

No one wanted to take away your moment. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Alright, which one of you said "New England are fools for letting Randy Moss go?"

They sure are fools. 6-1, and the guy they traded got waived by the team that got him. New England fleeces yet another franchise.

I have learned to never call Belichick a fool, but I did question the trade. The statement I made was something like "The Pats are saying that the positive difference between 3rd-round picks from 2011 and 2012 is more valuable to them than 11 or so games of Randy Moss, plus playoffs." And I certainly found it hard to agree. Right now, I'm still not convinced that the offense has enough firepower to be consistently efficient and score a lot against better teams (they have looked absolutely anemic 70% of the last three games, and it was 2-3 successful drives each time that made the difference), but the team as a whole has gelled and constantly reminds me of the 01-04 teams in style of play, and they have been getting wins, so I can't complain.

That said, it has been proven that Moss is truly a cancer. I don't know how he would be holding up here, but the moral of the story is never trade with the Patriots because most of the time you are giving them property for something they would be just as happy straight-up releasing, and you will likely pay. I would bet that Randy was on the way to being released if no one offered anything for him.

Archived