Toronto Blue Jays

Lights Out

jayscap.pngjayscap2.png

jays1.png

jays2.png

jays3.png

With this concept, I wanted to maintain a similar identity with the scripts, something the Jays have failed to do over the past couple of years - their home and road uniforms now look like two entirely different franchises. I decided to go with a home script based on the road, as those lent themselves well to the classic Jays layout with arched script and jay logo on front. I went with the late-'90s jay logo because it looked the best with the scripts. I used inline numbers as an homage to the classic Jays looks, as well as two shades of blue. I also went with powder blue roads because it's just not the Jays without them, IMO. The alternate is based on this scrapped set from 1997.

The hats mark the return of the contrast-colored front panel that the Jays used with their first uniform set. The second cap would only be worn with the alternate and on Sunday afternoons. Overall, I feel this is a great way to pay tribute to the Jays' championship-era look while still maintaining a modern and similar identity. Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I like it, but I'd strongly suggest only using one shade of blue on any given hat, and making the numbers larger.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I really like this-

I would liked to have seen the wordmarks match the number fonts, but I could live with the beveled effect.

The one thing I would look at tweaking is the blue alternate with bird and number: That Jay head seems incredibly small. Perhaps it could be enlarged slightly?

Otherwise, this is awesome

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Beautiful!

Only thing I'm not totally sold on is the treatment of the numbers. I know the Blue Jays have traditionally had the fonts with the line through them, but it's not working with this font, in my opinion.

I would do the same treatment on the numbers that you used on the chest script. And maybe make them a bit larger.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Beautiful!

Only thing I'm not totally sold on is the treatment of the numbers. I know the Blue Jays have traditionally had the fonts with the line through them, but it's not working with this font, in my opinion.

I would do the same treatment on the numbers that you used on the chest script. And maybe make them a bit larger.

Agreed. I'd also move the jay on the home and road jerseys a bit to the right. But this is really nice. Good job!

Also, I'd switch the light and dark blues on the all-blue hat.

6fQjS3M.png

Two things:

1. The numbers use an inline, while the wordmarks use a bevel. I'd pick one style and run with it.

2. The royal blue type on the royal blue jersey would be tough to read. Could you try a white / light blue combination for the type on the royal jersey?

Add the maple leaf behind the Blue Jay and it would be even better.

I think that would clutter the cap and detract from a solid bird logo.

Perfection, OP. I love this...far, FAR better than the Black Jays set they currently wear. Great work.

87Redskins.png

Archived