CHL's 2011 Alternates

zer0dotcom

Ben - very nice! Congrats on owning a gamer from that set, as they are EXTREMELY hard to find. I will be happy to send you the full-size graphic I sent to zero.

Zero - small correction for the website, as the Frozen Chicken jersey was a full-time alt and not a one-time special, as much as I'm sure the players wish it had been!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben - very nice! Congrats on owning a gamer from that set, as they are EXTREMELY hard to find. I will be happy to send you the full-size graphic I sent to zero.

Zero - small correction for the website, as the Frozen Chicken jersey was a full-time alt and not a one-time special, as much as I'm sure the players wish it had been!

Why no numbers on the chicken jerseys?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Why no numbers on the chicken jerseys?

Excellent question... When I e-mailed the image to Zero, I was just so excited to have the jersey completed, I told him he could upload it as-is if he wanted to. The Hawks wore a very custom font that season, and since I'm having to draw them by hand I'm still tweaking what I have. I'm not 100% satisfied at this point, but as soon as I get it done, I'll send the complete image to Zero.

And for what it's worth, the Hawks wore the Exploding Chicken jerseys 8 times, debuting in a 5-2 loss to the Prince Albert Raiders on December 9, 2000. The Hawks finished with a 5-3 record wearing the infamous sweaters.

Can I post an AHL jersey in here? The Bulldogs wore camo in a game I went to in Nov. Seeing as the AHL is getting update now, I figure that this is the best time.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Can I post an AHL jersey in here? The Bulldogs wore camo in a game I went to in Nov. Seeing as the AHL is getting update now, I figure that this is the best time.

might be best to have another thread, since they are different leagues. I don't do the AHL, I have a feeling that Maximgam does. I'd like to keep this thread for the CHL stuff.

might be best to have another thread, since they are different leagues. I don't do the AHL, I have a feeling that Maximgam does. I'd like to keep this thread for the CHL stuff.

Sounds good. I'll PM him.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Just saw the Winterhawks alt in person for the first time last night and they are terrible. Single-colored name and numbers on both the back and sleeves make it hard to tell who is who. Piping up the front and back. Namebars longer than the piping is wide meaning there are some players whose piping stops where their name is. Shells that don't match their jerseys. It really is just a terrible sweater all the way around.

Just saw the Winterhawks alt in person for the first time last night and they are terrible. Single-colored name and numbers on both the back and sleeves make it hard to tell who is who. Piping up the front and back. Namebars longer than the piping is wide meaning there are some players whose piping stops where their name is. Shells that don't match their jerseys. It really is just a terrible sweater all the way around.

When I was creating the jersey for the website, I said to zero that the more I worked on it, the more I despised the jersey. It's what I imagine a jersey would look like if it were designed by Affliction, and I'm just not part of that demographic. And frankly, it's just a poor design. Alas, welcome to Portlandia...

Now, if I could win a gamer from the team auction, I'd be happy to own one for my collection. But do I want one just to have one? Nope.

• 2 weeks later...

Cape Breton Screaming Eagles wore a special events jersey over the weekend. From the site:

This Sunday, March 13th marks the fifth annual Cape Breton Screaming Eagles? Irish Jersey Raffle in support of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation. The Screaming Eagles will trade their black and yellow jerseys for custom designed green, Irish-themed jerseys to be raffled off.

?Since 2007, when we started this fundraiser, we have raised more than $56,700 for the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation,? commented Peter MacDonald, Director of Marketing of the Screaming Eagles. ?This is something the fans look forward to each year and we are so grateful for their incredible support!?

Eagles+in+Green.jpg

This Friday, the Halifax Mooseheads will be wearing special Dartmouth Whalers jerseys. The Dartmouth minor hockey association won a contest earlier this year and their prize is the team will wear their jerseys for one game (Friday vs. Acadie-Bathurst). More details in the link.

http://www.halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/moose-to-wear-whalers-jerseys-march-18th

news-whalers3049.jpg

This means so far this season they have worn

1. Regular white jersey

2. Regular dark jersey (redish orange)

3. Alternate white jersey

4. Alternate dark jersey (black)

5. Pink in the Rink jersey

6. Navy jersey (blue)

7. Nova Scotia jerseys (vs. Cape Breton - blue & white)

8. These Dartmouth jerseys

Cape Breton Screaming Eagles wore a special events jersey over the weekend. From the site:

This Sunday, March 13th marks the fifth annual Cape Breton Screaming Eagles? Irish Jersey Raffle in support of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation. The Screaming Eagles will trade their black and yellow jerseys for custom designed green, Irish-themed jerseys to be raffled off.

?Since 2007, when we started this fundraiser, we have raised more than $56,700 for the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation,? commented Peter MacDonald, Director of Marketing of the Screaming Eagles. ?This is something the fans look forward to each year and we are so grateful for their incredible support!?

Eagles+in+Green.jpg

:shocked: I just notice the talons on the gloves.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...

This Friday, the Halifax Mooseheads will be wearing special Dartmouth Whalers jerseys. The Dartmouth minor hockey association won a contest earlier this year and their prize is the team will wear their jerseys for one game (Friday vs. Acadie-Bathurst). More details in the link.

http://www.halifaxmo...seys-march-18th

news-whalers3049.jpg

1. Regular white jersey

6. Navy jersey (blue)

I've been trying to look some of these up:

1. Did they wear the Nova Scotia jerseys with Cape breton again this year? Which date?

2. I haven't seen the white alternate back, I know the black is, but I don't think they can have two alternates under the new EDGE system.

3. With the playoffs beginning, we can expect an announcement soon from the Majors on their memorial Cup jerseys.

http://www.halifaxmo...seys-march-18th

news-whalers3049.jpg

1. Regular white jersey

6. Navy jersey (blue)

I've been trying to look some of these up:

1. Did they wear the Nova Scotia jerseys with Cape breton again this year? Which date?

2. I haven't seen the white alternate back, I know the black is, but I don't think they can have two alternates under the new EDGE system.

3. With the playoffs beginning, we can expect an announcement soon from the Majors on their memorial Cup jerseys.

They were the Nova Scotia jerseys the week between Christmas and New Year's (http://www.halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/battle-of-ns-jersey-winners).

I could be wrong about the white alternative, I thought it was back, but I could be wrong.

Ah, I found the Nova Scotia dates on their webpage, they look like the same jerseys they wore last season. They'll be easy to add.

I'll need to look for those Cape Breton uniforms, especially since they've done the St. pats unifomrs 5 years running

Something I'm doing from the CHL uniforms twitter account, I'm counting down my picks for the top 15 CHL alternates from this season and thought I would poll the forum and see what everyone considers the best designs they've come out with this season.

I'm going to be sticking with just the Alternates, and not the one time Special Event uniforms

Something I'm doing from the CHL uniforms twitter account, I'm counting down my picks for the top 15 CHL alternates from this season and thought I would poll the forum and see what everyone considers the best designs they've come out with this season.

I'm going to be sticking with just the Alternates, and not the one time Special Event uniforms

How many alts were there this year? Even enough to make a top 10?

Here's my top 5, anyways, for what it's worth:

1) Chiliwack Bruins (with the logo that should always have been their primary)

350dfl4pf3e05n6by32yfvdum.gif

2) Cape Breton Screaming Eagles (works great with the yellow "talon" gloves they wear with this set)

gel5g6qfgfgvc31xxb8qvuhie.gif

3) Kitchener Rangers

0b379bm38b62ivemwcsp801d7.gif

4) Kootenay Ice

hfcupeuizexxq654gw93q3zu0.gif

5) Moncton Wildcats (looks way better in person)

zygxfm5cvfeqaw22hynlh0egn.gif

Archived