CHL's 2011 Alternates

zer0dotcom

Big update today: added 3 uniform sets to Shawinigan, and changed the current set so they have the captain's name and number. Also edited the Rangers jerseys for 2003 for the memorial cup patch.

http://sportslogos.net/team.php?id=396

There are still a lot of patch logos and crests we need to finish off the section, the Shawinigan "C" logo, the current shoulder patches, and the 40th anniversary patch. That QMJHL link has a ton of old jerseys, they seem to change every season, so those will be fun to do...

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another photo:

cataractes-1.jpg

4yf465qetsioetngdihik35jf.gif

qugm6kz72pkexcigs5x9g4zfg.gif

They're missing "Shawinigan" and "Cataractes" diagonally up the striping.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Cataractes switched to the Wild template when they moved to their new arena (in late December 2007, first game was against Montreal).

They kept the blue "retro" for the whole season though. The played in them against the Remparts in Quebec in the semi-finals (probably because both teams used similar designs and colors).

They also have different colour patterns for the name and numbers. crap, more changes to find. It'll be tough to find the year that they changed styles in between. I do have the scripts for those jerseys, I just need to get them onto my old computer to rotate them properly so they fit the jerseys

Something cool that has been added to thw site, Franchise View: http://sportslogos.net/franchise.php?id=2450

The ability to view all uniforms used by the franchise ( IE, see all Quebec and Colorado or Hardford and Carolina jerseys in a single screen) It will make things very interesting for Shawinigan's view next year with the Dynamos and Bruins jerseys in that view.

Hey zero... Just noticed that Medicine Hat has 3-color numbers on their sleeves, not 2-color as on the website.

Also, the Shawinigan 1988/89 white jersey probably shouldn't have the Nike and NHL logos on the back, and the blue jersey is missing the white shoulder yoke on the back.

Always looking out for ya! :-)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

From the Lewiston Maineiacs fan boards... brief description of the new jerseys coming next season from a fan who has seen them on display at the head office (no photos allowed, sadly - but more proof Zer0 needs to start a 2011-2012 thread :P )

Here's what the fan had to say, albeit in a terrible broken English which I tried to fix:

the 'L M' logo is history [...] its replaced with lewys head on road jerseys and the home has maineiacs written like the new york rangers jersey [...] think the third jersey is like minnesota third round logo with lewys head in middle [with] the maine patch on shoulder.

Sounds interesting... I'll miss their current logo, though - one of my all-time favourites.

Got some updates for you today, and yes, we'll have a 2012 thread for uniforms changes there. Owen Sound got a big update with the franchise view, added a lot of players to that section. Also began updating the Kootenay ice with their pre-edge uniforms. I'm still working on rotating images for the script on the jersey, same as with Shawinigan.

With the Portland Winterhawks moving on to face Kootenay, I'll be looking into their past home and roads as well.

• 2 weeks later...

An update for the site today; updated Kootenay's older jerseys; added the I shoulder patch and the Kootenay script on the front of the shirts, as well as their black pre-edge alternate jersey. I'm waiting to place a player on the back in case they go and win the Memorial Cup, so i can add the Cup patch with it together.

I've been looking into completing the Olympiques jersey history, with them on the brink of elimination, I may hold off for now.

Just a few days left until the Memorial Cup begins, and we get our look at the Mississauga Majors memorial Cup uniforms.

Ok, I am going to be starting a CHL 2012 thread for the new uniforms for next season. There will be a glut of uploads to various sections soon. I find I have the templates to put the teams up, but get bogged down in the lettering and numbers. o the next handful of uploads will be jersey only, no names or numbers to speed things up.

Just a heads up on the Drakkar, the home jersey for the 1998-2001 jersey is all messed up. There are lines running through it and it's cut up a bit.

I did see it, I was on my lunch breakand didn'thave time. It's the same problem with the one Oshawa jersey. It's the file that is messed up, I need to re-render a new file and upload it later.

0qe0ee3dr5ardpkkilrby2yux.gif

Boy do I miss the old Acadie-Bathurst Titan jerseys... I never understood why they went with the red when they switched. It's not supposed to be Bathurst's main colour, and besides, there are 7 other teams in the Q with mostly-red jerseys (Baie-Comeau, Drummondville, Moncton, PEI, Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec, Montreal) - and in a league of only 18 teams, that's half of all clubs right there.

The St. Mike's Majors are wearing a special jersey (I think, don't really follow junior hockey) for the Memorial Cup. Looks like the Penguins Winter Classic jersey. The player being interviewed was also wearing gold coloured gloves.

The St. Mike's Majors are wearing a special jersey (I think, don't really follow junior hockey) for the Memorial Cup. Looks like the Penguins Winter Classic jersey. The player being interviewed was also wearing gold coloured gloves.

302754435.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1305934524&Signature=x0gYp%2FeyMPMwcLJEif%2Ft%2FlbwQsw%3D

Archived