MiLB Re-Brands: Akron Aeros

bohob

I started on an Akron Aeros concept. I decided to ditch the space cat for an astronaut theme. I have four color combinations: purple/mid-blue/taupe, navy/teal/taupe, purple/lime/steel blue, and navy/lime/steel blue. I'm personally leaning toward one of the options with lime. As usual, the Aeros wordmark is custom. The moon in the background doubles as a baseball. C&C please.

aeros_primary.jpg

Hmmmm.... I really like the theme here, and it's a good start. But I do think it needs some major tweaking. As far as colors go, I like the bottom right combination.

I agree that the moon has a bit of a bowling ball thing going on, probably because it looks too smooth. Why not use that medium blue tone to show a blast radius around a few of the craters? It might help create more texture.

I like the "astronaut" guy... I just don't see him as an astronaut. He looks more like a comic book-style "space guy," which is fine. I think it's the gloves and the form-fitting, shiny-looking suit he's wearing (also the lack of a big helmet) that's keeping him from looking like a true astronaut. I think you should keep him the way he is, but add a streak--below the wordmark and coming from behind it--to make it look like he's flying through space to make that catch. Along the same vein, why not put a ball in there, arcing toward his glove, so that it looks like he's actually about to catch it instead of just flailing out there.

I also love the custom "Aeros" wordmark, it's very well done. I do think you should add a tiny downstroke to the top left portion of the A. And I'd reverse the middle horizontal stroke on the S, so that it is a mirror image of the ligature between the A and the E.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I like the bottom right the best, and the logo looks great except for one thing: it reads 'ZEROS' to me.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

UPDATE

I've tweaked the spaceman as per dgn's suggestions. I've added a streaking baseball to the glove, flipped the crossbar of the S, and made the moon craters more subtle (along with altering the positioning) so they don't look like bowling ball holes. I tried the streak coming from behind the spaceman, but it seemed too cluttered. I added in more white throughout the concept. I also decided to go with the navy and lime combo, as it was quite popular. I was going to go purple/lime, but navy offered more uniform options.

aci: I'm not sure how you are seeing a Z there. If you could elaborate?

spam: The spaceman having no face creates a sense of mystery, which aids in the overall feel of the concept.

jaha: I tried to show a little more of the chest of the spaceman. I hope that helps. If not, could you be more specific?

I have included the wordmarks and supporting logos as well in the logo sheet. I also have some cap options.

aeros_id.jpg

aeros_caps.jpg

C&C please.

First of all i am glad you chose those colors, you dont see them together much and they look nice. As for the hats I like the light blue one with the navy brim (with the A) and the navy one with the light blue brim (with the A). Those are both really nice in my opinion.

Really diggin' the top right, 2nd green, and top left caps... but the astronaut alone is really ruining it for me. He looks way too stationary to be diving for a ball; if you were going for more of a 'no gravity' idea, he should probably look like he's in mid-stride,that's what most people are familar with when relating to walking on the moon.

Archived