What if the Hartford Colonials were a baseball team?

GeorgesL

I wanted to come up with a good name for a fantasy baseball team in Hartford, and even though the "Colonials" was already taken by the UFL squad, I start to think what if the Hartford Colonials were a baseball team instead of a football team?

Then I spent a week and a half coming up with this:

hartfordcolonialslogo-1.png

Notice the 13 stars representing the 13 original American colonies. And the building is the state capital of Connecticut.

I have the logo for now, I'm working on the uniforms.

That's very nice- Colonials even sounds like a baseball team name. They'd make for a good Nationals affiliate.

The only issues I have are that the stars feel like they were added after the rest of the logo was completely, which I think is because they are outside the light blue outline.

Also, the baseball looks very odd. The shading seems a little off (it seems to be lit from the top right, whereas the wordmark is lit from the top. The seams are too solid, too- a baseball has alternating red and white spaces for seams because of the stitching, so the solid seams don't really work.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• 1 month later...

It took me a long while, but here are the uniforms as promised:

hartfordjerseys.png

...are they a farm club for the Padres? :P

It is a fantasy baseball team. So in a matter of speaking, yes. :D

I don't know if I would recommend changing the color of the front logo on the navy alt or not. It looks good, but it would also look good if it was white.

With that being said, the set overall looks really, really good.

Sick logo and jersey's. But the blue ones the font should not be blue in the front (hard to read).

I don't know if I would recommend changing the color of the front logo on the navy alt or not. It looks good, but it would also look good if it was white.

With that being said, the set overall looks really, really good.

I definitely agree with the font colour of the navy alts. I tried the white letters, and it looked better, but I wanted to add trim to the back numbers. I could even try gold.

The individual uniform sets are nice, but there is little unity across them. I think you should try to add some gold to the white and gray ones. I can't figure out how, though. Maybe an outline of some sort?

There is outline to the front wordmarks. You can't see them clearly because photobucket shrinks the image when you upload it. I have the wordmarks as it appears on the jerseys:

colonialshomescript.png

colonialsroadscript.png

colonialsaltscript2.png

colonialsaltscript.png

Those Quebec League logos are actually really nice. Are they yours or is the QL already a league?

I personally created the QL (10 teams, 6 from Quebec, 1 from Ottawa, 1 in the Maritime Provinces, and 2 in New England.), however the logo itself is from Baseball Quebec, which is not a league, but an organization of amateur baseball in the province of Quebec. I felt it would make a nice logo for a professional league. The division logos and the QLPA logo I created myself. Anyway here is the website:

www.baseballquebec.com

As for the Colonials logo, I got the inspiration from one of the old Washington Capitals' logos.

That logo is really well done, although I agree with aci that the stars seem a little forced. The uniforms are pretty good, nothing radical or out-of-this world but solid. Although when I saw them I immediately thought of the Rays...the only difference is that gold replaced light blue. I think they work better for this team though with the nickname "Colonials," which is more of a classic-sounding name. And I think changing the wordmark on the blue alt to gold would be a huge improvement.

I like what you've done in terms of creativity. Thanks for sharing it.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

looks great, that logo is very, very sharp. Well done sir. The uni's I'm not entirely sold on, but you did great work with the primary.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived