Curt Schilling, True Bostonian

slapshot

Schilling is defintely a fan-favorite here in Boston. He was in a hilarious commercial for Dunkin Donuts, when he's in the locker room trying to speack Bostonian. He's saying "I work wicked Had, when I got to the pak" Then locker room attentdent walks in and is like "No, Curt, you can't do it like that."

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

No, it is everyone else in baseball who hates the Yankees.

Mike! DO they sell those hats near you anywhere? Send me one!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

YH = Yankee Hater

Dude, where's Yale, he's gotta hook himself up with one of these! I want my initials on a cap.

Sometimes I also wonder if Red Sox hate the Yankees more than they love the Sox. I just think it's funny Roger Clemens managed to tick both sides off.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Is it me? I see this as kind of hypocritical on Schilling's part, considering he wanted to be a Yankee even more than he wanted to be traded to the Red Sox. But give him credit, he's really getting himself in good with the fans in Boston, and his performance thus far isn't hurting his cause.

As a Yankees fan, I absolutely love the hatred my team gets from fans of all the other teams, in both leagues. I can't wait to go away to college in the fall, partially for that reason. So when you natives of Tempe, AZ see an obnoxious kid walking around in a Yankee hat, you'll know it's me.

Is it me? I see this as kind of hypocritical on Schilling's part, considering he wanted to be a Yankee even more than he wanted to be traded to the Red Sox. But give him credit, he's really getting himself in good with the fans in Boston, and his performance thus far isn't hurting his cause.

As a Yankees fan, I absolutely love the hatred my team gets from fans of all the other teams, in both leagues. I can't wait to go away to college in the fall, partially for that reason. So when you natives of Tempe, AZ see an obnoxious kid walking around in a Yankee hat, you'll know it's me.

An obnoxious kid walking around in a Yankees hat. Like the world needs another Fred Durst.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

An obnoxious kid walking around in a Yankees hat. Like the world needs another Fred Durst.

beth.gif ba-dum-ching!

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I can't wait to go away to college in the fall, partially for that reason. So when you natives of Tempe, AZ see an obnoxious kid walking around in a Yankee hat, you'll know it's me.

I second that. Being in a hostile environment, like a college campus with lots and lots of haters, absolutely reaffirms your love for your team. I don't think I've ever been as big a Yankee fan as I am now.

I think to be a yankee fan even if you've liked them your whole life is still being a bandwagoneer, because they are always good, they always have a superstar, and they do things right. I don't see yankee fans as real hardcore fans such as boston or chicago cub fans are, because to be a true fan you need to experience the down points too, prove that you are loyal to your team when they are at their lowest, and the yankee fans haven't had hard spots. The worst thing to happen to them in the last ten years is losing in the divisional series to the Angels. Losing in the playoffs is the worst thing to happen to them! I don't know what I would give just to get my team into the playoffs. You yankee fans are lucky, the luckiest fans in all of proffesional sports.

The Yankees, They stink and I hate 'em!

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I think to be a yankee fan even if you've liked them your whole life is still being a bandwagoneer, because they are always good, they always have a superstar, and they do things right. I don't see yankee fans as real hardcore fans such as boston or chicago cub fans are, because to be a true fan you need to experience the down points too, prove that you are loyal to your team when they are at their lowest, and the yankee fans haven't had hard spots. The worst thing to happen to them in the last ten years is losing in the divisional series to the Angels. Losing in the playoffs is the worst thing to happen to them! I don't know what I would give just to get my team into the playoffs. You yankee fans are lucky, the luckiest fans in all of proffesional sports.

yeah, but being a cubs and sox fan is also pretty damn stylish....try walking in my shoes and bleed navy and orange, being a die-hard tigers fan is a tough as it gets....no one respects the history of the tigers like they respect the yankees, red sox, cubs, etc.

Since you brought it up, allow me to wax nostalgic about the Yankees...

My earliest Yankee memory is of the Melido Perez era in the early 90's, when the Yankees were hitting the tail end of a run of mediocrity. Back then, my parents were unaffiliated because they are both from out of town, but I had been going to Met games because my mom got free tickets from her job. I remember in first grade, reading a kids' biography of Lou Gehrig and going to my first Yankee game. It had nothing to do with good, or bad. I didn't know George Steinbrenner from George Jefferson. I didn't know just how bad the Yankees had been for most of my life. I didn't know that Pat Kelly and Mike Gallego weren't superstars. Sure, we had Donnie Baseball, but he might as well have been Donnie Osmond the way the Yankees were playing. All I knew is that Yankee Stadium was a fun place with great cheese fries and a view of the subway in right field and that it had once been the site of greatness. The year of my first Yankee game, the Yanks went 76-82, in landing in fourth place in the AL East. But that didn't stop me from becoming a lifelong Yankee fan.

Now that I've come with the wistful memory, I hope JQK will swoop down the the fireworks and venom.

I think to be a yankee fan even if you've liked them your whole life is still being a bandwagoneer, because they are always good, they always have a superstar, and they do things right. I don't see yankee fans as real hardcore fans such as boston or chicago cub fans are, because to be a true fan you need to experience the down points too, prove that you are loyal to your team when they are at their lowest, and the yankee fans haven't had hard spots. The worst thing to happen to them in the last ten years is losing in the divisional series to the Angels. Losing in the playoffs is the worst thing to happen to them! I don't know what I would give just to get my team into the playoffs. You yankee fans are lucky,  the luckiest fans in all of proffesional sports.

yeah, but being a cubs and sox fan is also pretty damn stylish....try walking in my shoes and bleed navy and orange, being a die-hard tigers fan is a tough as it gets....no one respects the history of the tigers like they respect the yankees, red sox, cubs, etc.

Please, no one knows self-pity like us Brew Crew fans.

But I think I'm starting to hate Red Sox fans more than Yankee fans. For fk sake... you people just won a Super Bowl and you have more NBA Championships than anyone, yet you can't find anything better to do than bitch about the Yanks?

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Doesn't Milwaukee have 3 championships in Football from tagging on the backs of Green Bay? Boston hasn't had anything good in basketball since 1986. I believe Marquette and Wisconsin have had more success lately than Boston College and UMass. Aren't the Admirals still in the AHL playoffs? Further than the Bruins. Just because your idiot of an owner screwed up your team and the game for everyone else, don't start coming down on Red Sox fans.

Besides, what does complaining about the Yankees have to do with the other sports in town? I don't hate New York. I hate a lot of the teams that play there (or nearby). I like the NY Giants. I own an Islanders blue, and a Rangers Liberty head jersey.

But until the Red Sox win the World Series, the fans will always hate the Yankees. Probably after it too. It's ingrained. You're supposed to hate your biggest rivals. Red Sox hate the Yankees, and vice versa.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Tigers do have the most underrated tradition, considering they have had some excellent players get totally shafted by the H.O.F. Detroit says it's Hockeytown, but when they're going well, there is nothing in this town bigger than the Tigers.

Yes, that is a great hat, but did anyone else catch that that was Keith Foulke sitting behind him in the modern black Bruins jersey?

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Archived