New Orleans Voodoo to Return in 2011

GeauxColonels

According to WWL.com, the New Orleans Voodoo will be returning in 2011!!!

LINK

Now, the article states that the team will NOT be owned by Saints owner Tom Benson. He owned the Voodoo since inception. I'm assuming that since the team will be using the same name, Mr. Benson sold the entire team identity to the new owners. Which mean, we will see the return of one of the best Arena Football League logos of all time:

150px-NewOrleansVooDoo.png

And according to a blog (which by no means is official), it looks like the Bossier-Shreveport Battlewings will be moving to New Orleans to become the Voodoo: LINK

gYH2mW9.png

Yeah, this has been a rumor since just before the ArenaBowl. Another, and substantially more interesting rumor, is one that I'm spreading because no one else seems to - that the Milwaukee Iron are going to fold unless they can find a buyer (including one that could move the team).

The Iron are a publicly owned company, and their SEC filings have essentially said, "We're broke and are looking for a buyer. We can't afford to operate the team anymore, so we'll either sell the franchise off or fold."

nav-logo.png

Yeah, this has been a rumor since just before the ArenaBowl. Another, and substantially more interesting rumor, is one that I'm spreading because no one else seems to - that the Milwaukee Iron are going to fold unless they can find a buyer (including one that could move the team).

The Iron are a publicly owned company, and their SEC filings have essentially said, "We're broke and are looking for a buyer. We can't afford to operate the team anymore, so we'll either sell the franchise off or fold."

Seems to be a lot of moving & shaking around in the league, along with the rumor that the Yard Dawgz are moving to Seattle.

baltimoreravens.png

Really can't trust the source of The Sports Buffet as the OKC Yard Dawgz have already announced they are staying in OKC for the 2011 season. I'm glad the VooDoo are coming back. Always had a great identity to them. Mac, i've also heard some rumblings that Milwaukee could be moving. To where? I'm not sure yet, but i've heard anywhere from Detroit to Nashville to Indianapolis

Maybe we could do a CCSLC fundraiser and buy the team. We'd surely have some sweet unis, and for as long as it took the thing to go down in flames, we'd own a sports franchise! :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Maybe we could do a CCSLC fundraiser and buy the team. We'd surely have some sweet unis, and for as long as it took the thing to go down in flames, we'd own a sports franchise! biggrin.gif

First thing we do is get them a new logo, with a CCSLC owned team, we'd have a contest and winner will get season tickets for life

I noticed that the main site is lacking some good quality Voodoo logos. So, here is the complete Voodoo logo set, as of 2008:

Primary Logo:

NewOrleansVoodoo_PML1_2007-2008.png

Secondary Logo:

NewOrleansVoodoo_SEL1_2007-2008.png

Wordmark 1:

NewOrleansVoodoo_WMK1_2007-2008.png

Wordmark 2:

NewOrleansVoodoo_WMK2_2007-2008.png

Wordmark 3:

NewOrleansVoodoo_WMK3_2007-2008.png

Side note: I'm using all of the new PANTONE PLUS colors for my RGB-optimizations now...all of the (s)RGB values have been modified. In addition, I'm using a "Pure Black" in place of Black C or Process Black C for logos...using the sRGB values for these Pantone colors make them look way too washed out. Even more than before.

I have loved the fact the Arena League is back. But, with them bringing teams back, starting to wonder if they've actually solved the problems they had before or will just return to them as more and more teams come back.

Seems to be a lot of moving & shaking around in the league, along with the rumor that the Yard Dawgz are moving to Seattle.

Seattle or Kent?

Why would any team that needs a hockey-sized playing field want to play at Key Arena?

According to WWL.com, the New Orleans Voodoo will be returning in 2011!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the VooDoo!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Yep, that's pretty much the size of it.

Due to our limited amount of committed capital, recurring losses, negative cash flows from operations and our inability to pay outstanding liabilities based on existing recurring cash flows, there is substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern.

I noticed that the main site is lacking some good quality Voodoo logos. So, here is the complete Voodoo logo set, as of 2008:

Primary Logo:

NewOrleansVoodoo_PML1_2007-2008.png

Secondary Logo:

NewOrleansVoodoo_SEL1_2007-2008.png

Wordmark 1:

NewOrleansVoodoo_WMK1_2007-2008.png

Wordmark 2:

NewOrleansVoodoo_WMK2_2007-2008.png

Wordmark 3:

NewOrleansVoodoo_WMK3_2007-2008.png

Side note: I'm using all of the new PANTONE PLUS colors for my RGB-optimizations now...all of the (s)RGB values have been modified. In addition, I'm using a "Pure Black" in place of Black C or Process Black C for logos...using the sRGB values for these Pantone colors make them look way too washed out. Even more than before.

Any chance of having the Pittsburgh Power logos?

Don't have them. I've got a pretty good collection of AFL logos, but don't have any of the newer (current) ones, and am missing a bunch from the '90s.

I would LOVE to get some official Minnesota Fighting Pike graphics (with Pantones).

Don't have them. I've got a pretty good collection of AFL logos, but don't have any of the newer (current) ones, and am missing a bunch from the '90s.

I would LOVE to get some official Minnesota Fighting Pike graphics (with Pantones).

I have always collected AFL logos and have a good collection of both af2 and AFL. Most of them are PNG or JPEG images, which I assume are useless to you. Finding official files of Minnesota would be like finding a needle in a hay stack. Any plans of making a thread of the afl logos any time? Would love to see good quality of some that I wouldnt have. I know you are probably a busy dude!

I have always collected AFL logos and have a good collection of both af2 and AFL. Most of them are PNG or JPEG images, which I assume are useless to you. Finding official files of Minnesota would be like finding a needle in a hay stack. Any plans of making a thread of the afl logos any time? Would love to see good quality of some that I wouldnt have. I know you are probably a busy dude!

I don't really have any, so I would love to see some of the ones that you both have!

As for the mention of the New Orleans Night with the Zubaz pants...they were one of several teams with them.

ATBNIGHT.jpgAFL_Night.gifNewOrleansNight.png

gYH2mW9.png

Really can't trust the source of The Sports Buffet as the OKC Yard Dawgz have already announced they are staying in OKC for the 2011 season. I'm glad the VooDoo are coming back. Always had a great identity to them. Mac, i've also heard some rumblings that Milwaukee could be moving. To where? I'm not sure yet, but i've heard anywhere from Detroit to Nashville to Indianapolis

Indianapolis?!? Where did you see this? :D

6fQjS3M.png

Archived