2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Peter Bondra scored the game tying goal late in regulation as the Caps alumni TIE Super Marios Pens superstar alumni. Best result I could've hoped for! :D

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would watch 24/7 pretty much 24/7 if it featured anyone BUT Crosby/Ovechkin. That, and if I got HBO...

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I would watch 24/7 pretty much 24/7 if it featured anyone BUT Crosby/Ovechkin. That, and if I got HBO...

I dont get HBO, but I've watched every episode online, and believe me, its not all Crosby and Ovechkin.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

According to an NHL source, the Winter Classic between the Capitals and Penguins will be pushed back to an evening start time in order to avoid inclement weather forecasted for the Pittsburgh area on Jan. 1. The league and its broadcast partners could delay the game to as late as 8 p.m.

The latest weather reports predict about 0.5" of rain in Pittsburgh between Saturday morning and afternoon, with 80 percent of it falling before 1 p.m. It should taper off around 3-4 p.m., theoretically giving Winter Classic officials time to get the ice ready for faceoff.

The NHL is waiting for one more weather report before making a final decision, the source said, but an announcement is expected at 5 p.m.

Source: Capitals Insider.

MOAR HYPE, MOAR PRE-GAME!

Sweet. Time for the hangover to subside and begin a whole new night of drinking.

Thank you, Pittsburgh weather!

(p.s. Shut up, UConn. No one wanted to watch you anyways.)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Daly looks like he hasn't slept in a week. I must say, I prefer him for an on-camera than Bettman.

Can't wait for this:

2754296-1_std.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Maxim Lapierre is now an Anaheim Duck. The Habs only get a minor leaguer in return and a draft pick.

What's the draft pick?

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Ottawa is playing in Columbus tonight with the Blue Jackets in their third. Hooray for another Senators win. biggrin.gif

Try again. CBJ wins in OT.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Sweet. Time for the hangover to subside and begin a whole new night of drinking.

Thank you, Pittsburgh weather!

(p.s. Shut up, UConn. No one wanted to watch you anyways.)

Actually what the world doesn't want to see is another Bob Stoops team look bad versus an up and coming team. If Bob Stoops was anywhere but Oklahoma where there is no press, he would've lost his job 9 years ago. Moving the game back makes it great because I can watch some football, go to a reception, maybe grab a Tommy's Original Chili burger on the way home; and then when I get home watch the Rose Bowl game that I dvr'd (?) and then watch the WC without the hype.

A long road trip after a long break can't come soon enough for Philly.

Looks like they could use some home cooking. Or at least a stop in Jersey.

Ottawa is playing in Columbus tonight with the Blue Jackets in their third. Hooray for another Senators win. biggrin.gif

Try again. CBJ wins in OT.

Corrected yet again. Anyone have Columbus' record while wearing their third?

2-5

I still think they're cursed though. Against Minnesota they never had a power play while Minnesota had 7, the faced 1-0 and 2-1 deficits, gave up a goal with 1.5 seconds left, and up 3-2 gave up the tying goal after missing a breakaway of their own. A lot of crazy occurrences there even though they won in a shootout. Last night they had a 3-0 lead before allowing Ottawa a late second period goal and two third period goals. Thank god they won in OT.

It was a fun game though. I was sitting in 206 with some buddies and the place was packed. It reminded me of the games from the first couple years. Rowdy and loud. Also, Mr. Healthy Scratch, Jake Voracek had an assist and scored the game winner. Good for him and the Jackets are on a 3 game winning streak albeit with wins over Minnesota, Toronto, and Ottawa.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived