2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Is that [theregoesmazwhiningagain]? C'mon, we're all fans and not players, if they wanna talk, let em talk. Your teams got the rings.

Red, the Pens got ticket allocations for the 1st one, as did the Wings, as did the Flyers. It IS a league event, not a Pittsburgh event. Yes it gets chalked up as a Pens home game, but the league organizes EVERYTHING from the venue, to the ticketing, they decide (along with NBC) who will play in the game. The Caps had every right to demand ticket allocation for their fans.

And I am simply saying that they shouldnt.

So why throw Ted under the bus? Why Not Illitch, or your own owner or Snider?

Because I just find it sad that he goes out of his way to deny ticket sales to Pens fans for games in Washington, then the Winter Classic comes along and he is demanding to send nearly half the capacity of Heinz Field up for the game. As for the other three owners, I hadnt, and still havent heard of them making demands on ticket allocations for the previous WC's. I do remember in the case of the '08 game that the 40k general admission tickets sold out in minutes and many Pens fans were disappointed they couldn't attend. Teddy is the first example Ive heard publicly stated, and by the Commissioner no less, of a demand made for tickets for his fanbase to a WC.

GM Leonsis got it right by requesting for and receiving Winter Classic ticket allocations for fans of the Washington Capitals. In fact, I wonder why it took the NHL this long to figure out a method for slighlty balancing out the dispersal of tickets for participating teams in the Winter Classics.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ted Leonsis is one of the few NHL owners past and present who isn't bankrupt, retarded, or a felon. Lay off.

See example (1a) Charles Wang

Has anyone picked up Leighton?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Ted Leonsis is one of the few NHL owners past and present who isn't bankrupt, retarded, or a felon. Lay off.

Ah, now Teddy is untouchable because of who he is. Then I suggest you ignore the remainder of this conversation.

GM Leonsis got it right by requesting for and receiving Winter Classic ticket allocations for fans of the Washington Capitals. In fact, I wonder why it took the NHL this long to figure out a method for slighlty balancing out the dispersal of tickets for participating teams in the Winter Classics.

Hopefully, because they understood that it was still a home game for one team, still being played in their home market. But I tell you what, with your post, Im going to save this because in a few years time I'm going to need it. When they award a WC to Washington, and I will pray to anything and everything it's a rematch against the Pens, how quick this tune changes. I'd almost guarantee he'd throw a fit when it came time to allocate 40% stadium capacity to the visiting team and deny his fans, and would probably have a heart attack in shear panic if it was to the Pens.

Pittsburgh takes over everybody else's stadium all the time. Shouldn't they get to see the shoe on the other foot for once in their life?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You obviously don't follow what's going on on Long Island do you? Wang's management of the franchise definitely falls under retarded.

Pittsburgh takes over everybody else's stadium all the time. Shouldn't they get to see the shoe on the other foot for once in their life?

yes, and while we're making things fair, the Steelers should have to go 2-14 a couple times.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Ah, now Teddy is untouchable because of who he is. Then I suggest you ignore the remainder of this conversation.

I think you underestimate the importance of owning an NHL team without causing financial ruin to oneself and others. It's really quite rare! I'll rip Leonsis when he shakes down a government, salts the earth, and goes to prison. Do you have to do it in that order to be a true NHL owner? Like Loot-Warrant-Crook on Carmen Sandiego?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think you underestimate the importance of owning an NHL team without causing financial ruin to oneself and others. It's really quite rare!

He should know the importance though. Haven't the Penguins filed for bankruptcy twice?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, Howie B made that crucial tactical error of buying a hockey team without ever having the liquidity to pay for it. That'll usually come back and bite you in the ass, unless you make a killing in the Imaginary Parking Lot market.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A very nice win for the Habs tonight. Benoit Pouliot's clincher during the shootout was a beauty.

As pretty as this?

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

You obviously don't follow what's going on on Long Island do you? Wang's management of the franchise definitely falls under retarded.

No, I was using him as an example for owners that are both retarded and felons. Now for the bankruptcy...

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

For a conditional third!?!? :shocked:

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

For a conditional third!?!? :shocked:

It's a third if the Stars don't win a round in the playoffs and don't re-sign him. Otherwise it is a second. My guess is the Stars will re-sign him.

What happens if only one of the two happens?

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived