2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

The disappointment game of the night comes to you from Kanata, Ontario. As the Sens battle the Flames.

Calgary is in Toronto tomorrow night so Ottawa can expect Henrik "The Calgary Tower" Karlsson in goal tonight.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharks suck right now, no other way to put it

Have you paid any attention to your friggin' sucking neighbors to the south? Oh yeah, that's right, the Kings are 1-6 on the homestand and have lost to pathetic teams like the Leafs and the Blues who lost to Anaheim the night before. I think they are like 1-2 on this homestand playing against teams that lost to Anaheim the night before. I watched them just fall asleep on Monday as I got a call to go to the game. I don't know if there's anything worse then watching your team sleepwalk through a period and you're only 16 rows from the ice. At least when I'm at home, I can turn the channel. It got so bad last night against the Blues that I turned on TNA Wrestling! I have tickets to tomorrow night's game against Edmonton and if they don't play well, I figure Staples Center will be ugly. There's probably going to be a nice contigent who show up with torches and their pitchforks for Terry Murray's head, whether I'm leading that contingent, depends on how they play.

I will admit that I haven't that much attention to hockey as usual this year. The Sharks have lost 6 in a row in regulation, all in California(6 in SJ, 1 in Anaheim). The Leafs beat us and last night the OILERS hammered us 5-2. We have 5 goals for in our last 5 games. Embarrassing

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Have you paid any attention to your friggin' sucking neighbors to the south? Oh yeah, that's right, the Kings are 1-6 on the homestand and have lost to pathetic teams like the Leafs and the Blues who lost to Anaheim the night before. I think they are like 1-2 on this homestand playing against teams that lost to Anaheim the night before. I watched them just fall asleep on Monday as I got a call to go to the game. I don't know if there's anything worse then watching your team sleepwalk through a period and you're only 16 rows from the ice. At least when I'm at home, I can turn the channel. It got so bad last night against the Blues that I turned on TNA Wrestling! I have tickets to tomorrow night's game against Edmonton and if they don't play well, I figure Staples Center will be ugly. There's probably going to be a nice contigent who show up with torches and their pitchforks for Terry Murray's head, whether I'm leading that contingent, depends on how they play.

I will admit that I haven't that much attention to hockey as usual this year. The Sharks have lost 6 in a row in regulation, all in California(6 in SJ, 1 in Anaheim). The Leafs beat us and last night the OILERS hammered us 5-2. We have 5 goals for in our last 5 games. Embarrassing

I must say that this little exchange has been quite entertaining :P:lol:

The thing that's funny, and kind of scary, despite the streaks of suck from the Kings and Sharks they're still in that tight pack in the Western Conference. They're at the bottom of that tight pack, but still in that pack. Those are two teams that should be towards the top of that pack. Whereas teams like my own Ducks or the Predators who are currently at the top of that West pack, should be closer to the bottom of it. It's a great year to be a West fan (outside of Alberta and possibly Columbus).

The Ducks are definitely outperforming themselves right now. They went 5-1 on this latest homestand and this streak came after a string of horrible losses on the road including the last of which in a 5-1 loss on Dec. 26 in LA. Ironically enough, after that game in LA the Kings started their streak of suck, while the Ducks had one-on-one player/coach meetings and demolished the Coyotes in Phoenix in their next game and started that 5-1 homestand.

They're winning most definitely on the back of the only Western All-Star goalie, Jonas Hiller, who had back to back shutouts against Columbus and San Jose, and a nearly 3 game scoreless streak around those two shutouts. The Ducks have this weird quality about them, in which when they outshoot the other team they have a losing record, but when they get outshot they have a winning record. Hiller likes taking a lot of shots to get in a groove, but some nights it's ridiculous. He is on fire right now. I miss J.S. Giguere for the sentimental values, but I definitely don't miss him on the ice. The Ducks definitely made the right move last season on that one.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I must say that this little exchange has been quite entertaining :P:lol:

The thing that's funny, and kind of scary, despite the streaks of suck from the Kings and Sharks they're still in that tight pack in the Western Conference. They're at the bottom of that tight pack, but still in that pack. Those are two teams that should be towards the top of that pack. Whereas teams like my own Ducks or the Predators who are currently at the top of that West pack, should be closer to the bottom of it. It's a great year to be a West fan (outside of Alberta and possibly Columbus).

The Ducks are definitely outperforming themselves right now. They went 5-1 on this latest homestand and this streak came after a string of horrible losses on the road including the last of which in a 5-1 loss on Dec. 26 in LA. Ironically enough, after that game in LA the Kings started their streak of suck, while the Ducks had one-on-one player/coach meetings and demolished the Coyotes in Phoenix in their next game and started that 5-1 homestand.

They're winning most definitely on the back of the only Western All-Star goalie, Jonas Hiller, who had back to back shutouts against Columbus and San Jose, and a nearly 3 game scoreless streak around those two shutouts. The Ducks have this weird quality about them, in which when they outshoot the other team they have a losing record, but when they get outshot they have a winning record. Hiller likes taking a lot of shots to get in a groove, but some nights it's ridiculous. He is on fire right now. I miss J.S. Giguere for the sentimental values, but I definitely don't miss him on the ice. The Ducks definitely made the right move last season on that one.

I knew you wanted to chime in! Seriously though they are times like last Sunday when Hiller literally stood on his head like last Sunday(like the 2009 playoffs), and times when we've let bad teams overpower us(Leafs and Oilers).

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

3 straight losses for the caps? They are really sinking, while Vancouver might actually be for real.

It doesn't matter how many games you win in the regular season when your team disappears in the playoffs.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

3 straight losses for the caps? They are really sinking, while Vancouver might actually be for real.

It doesn't matter how many games you win in the regular season when your team disappears in the playoffs.

Tell that to Caps fans who just 5-6 months ago were talking about how little the regular season meant and now are on the edge of a cliff ready to jump. I'm not worried, they have enough time to turn their game around, and the defensive acumen is coming along, which was a worry last year.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Tell that to Caps fans who just 5-6 months ago were talking about how little the regular season meant and now are on the edge of a cliff ready to jump. I'm not worried, they have enough time to turn their game around, and the defensive acumen is coming along, which was a worry last year.

Last year at this time, the Caps were steamrolling the opposition. Fast forward to the present season, and it seems that they can't fight their way out of a paper bag; let alone find the back of the net. Like you, I'm still hoping that the Caps will turn it around soon before it's too late.

The Blue Jackets beat the Red Wings in a shootout tonight

Some thoughts:

- the Third jersey uniforms are 3 for their last 3 after starting 0-5 (though they still don't have a regulation win). They're starting to grow on me. They look their best against Detroit. The contrasting red vs. blue is like watching an old bubble hockey game with the generic red and blue teams. Just once though I wish they would play nfl team and mix and match the alternate blue pants with their regular home and road jerseys. Sure the white stripe wouldn't match anything, but I think it would still look really good.

- tonight was the Jackets' 300th victory. That's not good. It means they've averaged 30 wins a season. As a franchise they need to stop celebrating meaningless milestones so they can move on and celebrate something real.

- they won in a shootout, but it only got that far because the Blue Jackets gave up a shorthanded goal AGAIN! Fourth straight game with a shorthanded goal. I think it's time they just start declining the penalty. This is the second straight game that the Jackets have blown a 2-0 lead.

- If the team that played tonight would show up every game the Blue Jackets would be fighting for the 4 seed right now, not in 13th. Frustrating as hell.

- I'll truly get excited if they can win tomorrow night in Joe Louis and sweep the weekend from the Red Wings. Another blowout loss and it'll mean that nothing's changed for the CBJ.

- Jimmy Howard got injured and left the game. Based on the way he was playing tonight I was sad to see him go. I don't think he'll start tomorrow night.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Blue Jackets beat the Red Wings in a shootout tonight

Some thoughts:

- the Third jersey uniforms are 3 for their last 3 after starting 0-5 (though they still don't have a regulation win). They're starting to grow on me. They look their best against Detroit. The contrasting red vs. blue is like watching an old bubble hockey game with the generic red and blue teams. Just once though I wish they would play nfl team and mix and match the alternate blue pants with their regular home and road jerseys. Sure the white stripe wouldn't match anything, but I think it would still look really good.

- tonight was the Jackets' 300th victory. That's not good. It means they've averaged 30 wins a season. As a franchise they need to stop celebrating meaningless milestones so they can move on and celebrate something real.

- they won in a shootout, but it only got that far because the Blue Jackets gave up a shorthanded goal AGAIN! Fourth straight game with a shorthanded goal. I think it's time they just start declining the penalty. This is the second straight game that the Jackets have blown a 2-0 lead.

- If the team that played tonight would show up every game the Blue Jackets would be fighting for the 4 seed right now, not in 13th. Frustrating as hell.

- I'll truly get excited if they can win tomorrow night in Joe Louis and sweep the weekend from the Red Wings. Another blowout loss and it'll mean that nothing's changed for the CBJ.

- Jimmy Howard got injured and left the game. Based on the way he was playing tonight I was sad to see him go. I don't think he'll start tomorrow night.

I'll respond to all your points for the hell of it, and since I have nothing better to do. :P

-Agreed on the Thirds. They look pretty good, and IMO really good against Detroit.

-Wow, didn't know the Jackets have been that bad.

-I wish we could decline the penalty. I used to say when we went on the powerplay, "Well two minutes without a goal" - now it's "Crap they're gonna score."

-Agreed. Well, if the team that showed up in October and November showed up in December and January, the Jackets would definitely be a playoff team.

-Agreed. Even a point tomorrow night would be huge. Sweeping the weekend would be nice, but 2 points is 2 more than I would have thought the Jackets were gonna have this weekend.

-Read that Howard wasn't going to go tomorrow night. Wonder if Mase gets another start. I'd start him since Garon hasn't been playing well lately and we've gotta take advantage of when Mason's hot.

6fQjS3M.png

The Wings have been nailed by the injury bug in the last month... they've lost:

Modano

Datsyuk

Cleary

Osgood

Stuart

Holmstrom (tonight)

Howard (tonight)

Geez, and I thought last year was bad for them

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

The Wings have been nailed by the injury bug in the last month... they've lost:

Modano

Datsyuk

Cleary

Osgood

Stuart

Holmstrom (tonight)

Howard (tonight)

Three of those guys should just up and retire already.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived