2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

They would only be satisfied if the Bruins had to wheel Chara onto the ice Hannibal Lecter style.

Doesn't Chara have to confess to dining on Pacioretty's liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti?

With the way Canada is reacting, you'd think he already did.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Krejci was kicked out of the faceoff circle tonight. I want Boston PD to launch a full scale investigation into this.

Screw the Boston PD this is cause for the FBI! Even the Secret Service!

oh you boys.

You know, Pacioretty (sp?) is a pro hockey player too, who, in his own team's arena, should have known where he was on the ice. I'm not saying Chara's not culpable, but the Montreal guy needs to anticipate a potentially fatal outcome as well.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

David Krejci was kicked out of the faceoff circle tonight. I want Boston PD to launch a full scale investigation into this.

oh you boys.

You know, Pacioretty (sp?) is a pro hockey player too, who, in his own team's arena, should have known where he was on the ice. I'm not saying Chara's not culpable, but the Montreal guy needs to anticipate a potentially fatal outcome as well.

Preaching to the choir, Lee.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

oh you boys.

He chipped the puck and tried to slip by 6'9 Chara along the boards. Chara played the body in a bad spot in the rink, end of story.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

oh you boys.

So should Chara...

I saw, I came, I left.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a guy who wants headshots out of the game. If they can be avoided at all, or even if they can't, do what the NFL does and fine/suspend the culprit depending on the severity and situation. Set out the penalties PRIOR TO DISCIPLINARY HEARINGS and stick to them. But this wasn't a headshot.

The local station here did an interview with Keith Primeau a couple of days ago, and he knows his brain is turning to mush. He was diagnosed with for concussions, but says he aged through at least 6 or 7 more. He's dying to speak on behalf of former players at the GM meetings, but no one's invited him. If I can find the interview online, I'll link it up.

One thing he said sticks with me regarding his mental capacities. Something along the lines of "I know (brain failure) is coming, I just hope that when it does, it's all over for means fast as fast as possible."

Only in the NHL.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

oh you boys.

So should Chara...

Indeed. Pacioretty is lucky he's able to move his limbs. I get that the game's physical, but the "s#!t happens" excuse doesn't cut it when someone's seriously injured.

Now legal action's a bit much, but Chara should have gotten two games for it.

oh you boys.

So should Chara...

Indeed. Pacioretty is lucky he's able to move his limbs. I get that the game's physical, but the "s#!t happens" excuse doesn't cut it when someone's seriously injured.

So now we're back to punishing the result of a play instead of the intent / legality of it?

It would be a story, but not to this extent. You wouldn't have Air Canada threatening to revoke its sponsorship if it happened anywhere but right in front of Air Canada's luxury box in Air Canada's headquarters of Montreal. And the outrage from fans is not because they're deeply invested in the ramifications of CTE, they just want to see other teams have their best players taken away from them for their own team's gain. This whole thing is pathetic, and the fact that the NHL has been disciplining by the seat of its pants for god-knows-how-long doesn't help matters.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

oh you boys.

So should Chara...

So now we're back to punishing the result of a play instead of the intent / legality of it?

When people get injured to the point that they're lucky that they can wiggle their toes then it becomes clear that something has to be done. So yes, when a player's livelihood is threatened by a hit, you punish the result. Intent be damned.

It would be a story, but not to this extent. You wouldn't have Air Canada threatening to revoke its sponsorship if it happened anywhere but right in front of Air Canada's luxury box in Air Canada's headquarters of Montreal. And the outrage from fans is not because they're deeply invested in the ramifications of CTE, they just want to see other teams have their best players taken away from them for their own team's gain. This whole thing is pathetic, and the fact that the NHL has been disciplining by the seat of its pants for god-knows-how-long doesn't help matters.

I'm usually not one for this, but... This.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If Chara was 5'11 would this even be a story?

If Pacioretty was a Panther, would this even be a story?

Fixed

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Interesting article from the Vancouver Sun

Henrik Sedin and Joe Thornton don't understand why there was no suspension given to Chara... Makes you wonder if players will start talking to protect themselves.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Interesting article from the Vancouver Sun

Henrik Sedin and Joe Thornton don't understand why there was no suspension given to Chara... Makes you wonder if players will start talking to protect themselves.

Because in the past the NHL had a tradition of punishing the injury. This is wrong, and contrary to what some think, its actually a good thing that the league is looking at intent now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived