San Diego Palms.

Spammy

Ok, not much to explain here except I made a sketch for a fictional team, and then logotized it. (if that's a word...) Here is the sketch: bbb.jpg

And here is the logo. I will add the shoulder patch, and other stuff and then make a logo package.

text3802.png

C+C Always appreciated.

When I think of SD, I think of surf over palm trees.

The Panthers already have a Palm on their secondary.

It is good that you did not have a four branch tree like The Palm Restaurant or the Panthers.

However, it is eight branches which is the same number of the LA Sparks.

I like this quite a bit. It seems more fitting for an alternate logo as it seems like it's lacking a few key elements to be a primary, namely the name of the team itself. Perhaps put "PALMS" where the "SAN DIEGO" text currently is, and drop the "SAN DIEGO" below it, in a smaller size?

I like this quite a bit. It seems more fitting for an alternate logo as it seems like it's lacking a few key elements to be a primary, namely the name of the team itself. Perhaps put "PALMS" where the "SAN DIEGO" text currently is, and drop the "SAN DIEGO" below it, in a smaller size?

Yeah I would agree with this. I mean it's a fantastic secondary and a good primary IMO.

6fQjS3M.png

I'm fairly impressed, Spam.

Couple things:

-Keep your outlines consistant, particularly the ties on the hockey stick.

-About those outlines, try to create them manually as opposed to simply adding a stroke to the shape. I see this in the palm tree especially, everything else is fine.

-The whole scene doesn't really 'capture the moment'. Try working off this reference, maybe add a third color for some highlighting.

Good work so far, looking forward to an update.

text3802.png

This is a great logo! I can totally see the Panthers re-locating from Sunrise (Miami) to San Diego... The question is: Could Southern CA really support three teams? If NY can, I don't see why not.. I mean, the Ducks and Kings put more bodies in the seats than the Rangers and the Isles do (low blow, I'm sorry.)

I always envisioned a San Diego hockey team being named after the AHL Gulls, as it is both a common sea bird in the area, and "Gull" is a pun (as it sounds like "Goals.")

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Archived