2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Prokhorov is my new favorite owner in sports. I'm expecting him to come to a press conference with a pygmy giraffe and gold plated grapes one of these days.

Opulence at its finest. ^_^

Already used that joke

http://sportsecyclopedia.com/tank/nba11/nba2011.html

How would he know? It's not like anyone reads that thing anyway. :P

sick_burn.jpg

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I haven't really been watching NBA on TNT as much as I used to, but I caught some of the Saturday night fun. When did Cheryl Miller start looking like a professor of black lesbian poetry?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Done deal.

Melo to the Knicks.

May he piss off now.

The Knicks were just bent over in that deal.

And here's the two funniest parts:

1) This only puts the Knicks 6th-4th in the East at best due to all that they gave up.

2) They could've got him for MUCH LESS in the summer, assuming that the CBA issues got worked out. They basically gutted their roster for a fringe Top-10 player, a PG in the twilight of his career, & two bench players. Terrible short-term deal, IMO.

Isiah strikes again!

My fantasy team in the IBL is going to be outrageous. Melo on the Knicks? In Mark D'Antoni's "All offense-barely any defense" system? LAWD YEZZZZZZ

I just realy don't think this makes the Knicks better, especially not for the future. Kinda scratching my head here. I mean, Ray Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, K-Mart, Nene, Afflalo is just as threatening as Billups-Melo-Amare and 9 no-namers

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I just realy don't think this makes the Knicks better, especially not for the future. Kinda scratching my head here. I mean, Ray Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, K-Mart, Nene, Afflalo is just as threatening as Billups-Melo-Amare and 9 no-namers

Agreed, I really don't like this team now. I'm fine giving up Felton and Chandler, but Gallo was just too much.

Agreed, I really don't like this team now. I'm fine giving up Felton and Chandler, but Gallo was just too much.

So, you want Carmelo, but when the team gets him, you're STILL unhappy? GTFO.

No, I'm happy they got him, but they could've done it for WAY less. They gave up they're whole starting lineup.

Yep, that's how it is...it's all about the chase for a lot of folks. Plus, "fans" always need something to bitch about and/or hate on.

This was a big gamble for the Knicks, but let's not act like they gave up 4/5ths of a juggernaut. They were a .500 team in a wack ass watered down Eastern Conference. Big f'ing deal. If it doesn't work out, Knicks fans will still blame Isiah Thomas.

More moves to come though. I heard on ESPN Radio that the Nuggets could be looking to shop any of the former Knicks, J.R. Smith or even Nene. Interesting.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I want the Bulls to go after Aaron Afflalo. If the Nugs are really willing to wheel and deal, the Bulls should take advantage. He would fit seamlessly into Chicago's offense

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived