MiLB Re-Brands: Bakersfield Blaze

bohob

Let's start with the obvious, the current logo set is sub-par. The team's current color scheme consists of black, orange, red, and yellow. I decided to drop the black, since there three other black-red teams (High Desert, Lake Elsinore, and Visalia) and another black-orange team (San Jose Giants). I went with a red/orange/yellow scheme that I think is more fiery. The primary logo consists of a custom wordmark with flames and a flaming baseball streaking behind it. The supporting marks are a B (for the hats) and a fireball/baseball (a sleeve patch). I also have the jersey wordmark for the home jerseys. I will get the road wordmark done soon. C&C please.

blaze_id.jpg

The script and hat are awesome.

I think the softball league feel comes from the simply rendered flames around the baseballs. It's like "ooh, I'm a flame look at me".

Maybe take a page from the Miami Heat and incorporate the flame and ball together more? Also, I'd consider adding black to the logos but not the uniforms.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Another good set. These both look pretty nice. I think the bottom version is a bit better, thanks to the more interesting shapes in the flames around the ball. It's just more dynamic.

However, I do think that this set could use some contrast, either in overall color scheme, or in the way that the current colors are implemented. Basically, the white and the orange in the wordmark almost blend, and that makes us lose all the nice little ins and outs and flames in that great wordmark. (Superb work on that, by the way.) I know you don't want to use black, but you could add something like a dark purple to the scheme--using it for the stitches in the baseball and what's now the orange inline on the wordmark. That would add a lot more contrast and definition.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I'm a fan of the top left design, personally. It seems to pop.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Bottom right is a winner in my book. The Bakersfield text looks out of place compared to the rest. But I'm not really sure what to do about that. Maybe just omit it all together and just have BLAZE as the primary with no mention of Bakersfield. It's not the way I like to go on these things but it might be better in this case.

as the lameness that is the actual Blaze identity's already been addressed about as nicely as one can put it, this is a pretty damn good overhaul. I was thinking darkening the red to about a maroon or burgundy might work.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I agree that the bottom right is the best. It's got the best balance of colors and the best use of them. I'd really like to see that separated orange highlight from the B and the tail wherever else it can be properly implemented (especially on the ball, if possible), because it looks great.

The "Bakersfield" type does get lost, but it's a tough call. The only things I might recommend would be to do it in charcoal and scale it up as much as you can.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I took one last stab at the Bakersfield text in the primary, which has an extra little orange highlight on the B. Any more would be overdoing it. The supporting marks are the B and a flaming baseball. The cap options are pretty self-explanatory; I used the first six in the uniform concepts. The home and away uniforms have contrast raglan sleeves and piping, paired with trucker-style caps. The home alternate uses a red jersey and solid red cap. The away alternate was originally the primary away uniform, but I thought it might not work out too well with the high temperatures in California. Alternate 3 uses the B logo as a crest and features a block serif typeface for the numbers. Alternate 4 features an orange jersey with the crest on the right side and the number on the left. I did this because the logo has such a strong directional feel, it looked weird the other way. The pants on Alternate 4 have a patch of the Blaze wordmark on the hip. C&C please.

blaze_id2.jpg

blaze_caps.jpg

blaze_uniforms1.jpg

blaze_uniforms2.jpg

blaze_uniforms3.jpg

Archived