Texas Rangers

Lights Out

rangerscap1.pngrangerscap2.png

rangers1.png

rangers2.png

rangers3.png

The Rangers may have beaten the Yankees in their current ugly "Texas Texasses" set, but they're hideous and the whole thing needs an overhaul. I decided to go with a western color scheme (similar to what the Wyoming Cowboys use) as red, white, and blue are overplayed in the MLB. I replaced the current scripts with western-style scripts that somewhat recall the Rangers script of old. I added sleeve piping influenced by the Texas flag, brown pinstripes, tan roads, a brown vest alternate, and brought back the old "T" cap logo. Comments?

(The script font used is the spectacular Susa by Hubert Jocham, by the way. Absolutely perfect for the western theme.)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Too generic. I'm sorry folks, but the Rangers are going to be Red White and Blue for a long time, especially with Ryan at the helm (who replaced all the flags of the teams of MLB with 30 Texan flags). As for the design, the NOB is too small, the fonts are too generic, and the wordmark and logo don't match up. Big downgrade.

I don't get why everyone thinks that Texas automatically means "dirt colors". Sometimes the western people dressed up in bright colors too. Sometimes in black too, but not always in tan and brown.

I prefer the current colors. It fits the flag logo. Plus, they will be hard pressed to change, especially if they won the series in the red and blue

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

yeah the brown is just stupid. Red, white, and blue have been the franchises' color spanning their days in Washington, and coming off an AL Pennant- winning season, I doubt they will change it. I think their old hats with the block T were ugly. I love the Rangers' Uniform set they currently use (except they have "Texas" written on the home set instead of "rangers", change that and it's easily a top ten MLB set). Overall, I jst don't like it.

Oakland Raiders World Champions 1976 1980 1983

Oakland A's world champions 1910 1911 1913 1929 1930 1972 1973 1974 1989

Golden State Warriors world champions 1947 1956 1975

San Jose Sabercats Arena Bowl Champions 2002 2004 2007

oak1-med.gifgold1-med.gifathletics1-med.gifsharks1-med.gif

I don't get why everyone thinks that Texas automatically means "dirt colors".

It's not so much that for me as it is that 12 out of the 30 MLB teams use red, white, and blue as their color scheme. The Cowboys, Stars, and Mavericks don't use red, white, and blue and nobody complains that they aren't using Texas flag colors - why do the Rangers have to use them?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I like that you do different things and always design out of the box, I've always admired that, but in this case I'm just not feeling this one. Unlike most of the other blue and red teams in the league, the blue and red for Texas has meaning and fits with thier identity.

Also, I don't think pinstripes is a good route considering who they just beat :P

What I DO like are the scripts though. You've done well with those, the colors I don't like but the style is great. That's a script I could see them wearing.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Ryan at the helm (who replaced all the flags of the teams of MLB with 30 Texan flags).

baaaaaaaahahahahahahaha this is why people make fun of Texas. Thirty flags!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's not so much that for me as it is that 12 out of the 30 MLB teams use red, white, and blue as their color scheme. The Cowboys, Stars, and Mavericks don't use red, white, and blue and nobody complains that they aren't using Texas flag colors - why do the Rangers have to use them?

The Rangers have used red/blue/white through their franchise's history, and the Texas flag has been a part of their identity since 2000. I'm all for teams starting to use different color schemes, but I don't really mind the Rangers using R/W/B.

As far as the "12 out of the 30 MLB teams use red, white, and blue as their color scheme" - That is technically true, but both the Dodgers and Yankees hardly use red (the only red in the Yankees identity is in the primary logo), the Phillies hardly use blue outside of the blue alternate cap and the BP jersey, and both the Cardinals and Nationals only really use blue on the road unis (yes, I know the wordmark on the Nationals home jersey is outlined in blue). So yeah, 12 teams may use some sort of combination of R/W/B, but it's really not THAT bad.

330zl3b.png

I don't mind the color scheme, but I don't like the way you've used it. I don't think the brown is dark enough to provide contrast, and the pinstripes really seem to muddle things up... especially on the roads. That would just be a kind of brown MESS, with nowhere near enough contrast or pop. The hat T doesn't really match anything else in the look, so slapping it as well on the alt doesn't work.

In fact, re: color scheme, I have an old set that I did in a brown, tan, and steel that I was going to revisit in the next day or two.

i think its because theyre called the TEXAS rangers. the two pro teams in texas that actually use texas in their name also use the texas flag colors. not only has it been their colors for so long but it just makes sense

maehl.png

The other teams are Dallas teams while the rangers are "Texas". That's why they use the flag and the others don't. All use a star in some form though. (reference to being in the Lone Star State I'm sure)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

When you had the brown and cream, I was a little worried. But, now that you've been able to transfer inspirations from that concept to the update it looks 10x better. Personally, the Rangers have a great current cap logo and it fits really well with this design.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

The color scheme is a lot better now, but I still have a few gripes on the unis. First, if you're gonna go with the trucker-style hat, you need to make the front white...you need the contrast between a dark and light color. Second, I would use their current font for the numbers and NOB. Right now you have four different fonts going (T, script, numbers, NOB). Third, that road jersey is a VERY...interesting color. I would stick with gray. Lastly, I'm not getting the sleve stripes. I feel like the square/star things were just thrown on for the heck of it. If you're looking to put some of the Texas flag in the design, I would just put the flag on the sleeve like they have now.

Archived