Hornets and Wolves Alternates Leaked

Punch

The Minnesota Timberwolves black alternate uniform, as well as the New Orleans Hornets yellow alt, have been leaked on the interwebz. Paul Lukas says that he can confirm that they are legit.

5020073814_4c1311d1ef_b.jpg

NOLA - It's flamboyant. Alternating teal and purple pinstripes, yellow jersey, with an accent of purple and light blue striping. For those of the forward-thinking type, you should like this. If you're more of a traditionalist or prefer simplistic characteristics, this uniform might not be for you.

5019469003_e89f3bdaf9_b.jpg

Wolves - Good to see an alternate back in their uniform rotation. It uses the current striping template, which is disappointing. Is it black for black's sake, as Lukas called it? I don't think it is because they have used black as a color in their scheme since the late 90s/early 2000s.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Minnesota Timberwolves black alternate uniform, as well as the New Orleans Hornets yellow alt, have been leaked on the interwebz. Paul Lukas says that he can confirm that they are legit.

5020073814_4c1311d1ef_b.jpg

NOLA - It's flamboyant. Alternating teal and purple pinstripes, yellow jersey, with an accent of purple and light blue striping. For those of the forward-thinking type, you should like this. If you're more of a traditionalist or prefer simplistic characteristics, this uniform might not be for you.

5019469003_e89f3bdaf9_b.jpg

Wolves - Good to see an alternate back in their uniform rotation. It uses the current striping template, which is disappointing. Is it black for black's sake, as Lukas called it? I don't think it is because they have used black as a color in their scheme since the late 90s/early 2000s.

I HATE when someone calls it black for blacks sake. Who cares? and how when they used to have a black alt, and their logo is almost 50% black if not more? Well the logo has more black than blue, so the T-Wolves can't have a blue uniform either...

I like em both.

And I think that dude is a moron alot of the time. He hates anything black if he doesn't think the team should use it, any and every purple, and anything that isn't plain or bland.

I enjoy the site and visit every so often, but much less sine he inserted his political feelings a while ago bashing W in a sports uniform blog.

2ly2w09.jpg

I understand not wanting to listen to someone's political schpeal while reading a blog, but that's the thing with blogs - they're not "the news" - they're kind of like the musings of the author, so he can write whatever he wants to. It's just his opinions, and you have to realize that going in to it - if he says something is dumb, you kind of have to infer the "IMO". The whole thing is a big "IMO". Of course that's easy for me to say because I agree with around 75% of his opinions.

As for these, the Wolves is totally BFBS. They were blue and green up until they went nuts and came out with that design with the crazy numbers and the (admittedly cool) black trim and the black trim, but that's all it was - trim. Then they had black unis, and black merch, etc. There's no natural reason for them to use black as a main color, other than to sell stuff, therefore it's bfbs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Wolves jersey is not black for black's sake.

MinnesotaTimberwolves_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Black is a primary color. It should be their permanent home jersey. It looks fantastic.

Usually I agree with you, BBTV, but in this case I cannot. The Wolves rebranded and in my opinion, transformed their look into the stereotypical "90's" team. Their new colors were blue, black, and green. The typical NBA team tends to have a home uniform that is white, a road uniform that is the color of one of their primary colors, and an alternate the color of another one of their primaries. Black is one of the Wolves primary colors. BFBS, nope.

I think that jersey will be a scar on the previously-impeccable face of the Hornets' identity. Does it replace the Mardi Gras uni?

That Wolves jersey is fine. I like it enough and don't think it's out of place or contrived.

ujsignature.png

I understand not wanting to listen to someone's political schpeal while reading a blog, but that's the thing with blogs - they're not "the news" - they're kind of like the musings of the author, so he can write whatever he wants to. It's just his opinions, and you have to realize that going in to it - if he says something is dumb, you kind of have to infer the "IMO". The whole thing is a big "IMO". Of course that's easy for me to say because I agree with around 75% of his opinions.

It's a sports uniform blog. Not tell everyone how much you had the Bush administration blog. Nor is it a political type blog. But because he's a flaming liberal, he enjoys to tell people.

Idk, just bugs me. I like the uni news, but his opinions are :censored: when it comes to them. But adding his :censored:ty political opinions in there too just makes it worse.

2ly2w09.jpg

I don't have a problem with the Hornets uniform, and I don't have a problem with the Wolves either. It's not like the Texas Rangers or New York Mets who just added black for whatever reason. Black is part of the Wolves colors. Now, do I like the current colors and look over the initial colors of the franchise? Pretty much no. The thing I do like are the use of trees as a border/trim. The Wolves make the black work well, but I loved the original colors so much better. To me it's the same as the Seattle Seahawks, the current look works, but the originals were so much better because it was a cleaner look.

I think that jersey will be a scar on the previously-impeccable face of the Hornets' identity.

I disagree completely. The previous "gold" jerseys were quite popular down here. This incarnation, no doubt, will be just as well-received.

And personally, even though I'm more of a modernist than a traditionalist, I find the Mardi Gras jerseys embarrassingly tacky, especially having seen them in person.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

It's a sports uniform blog. Not tell everyone how much you had the Bush administration blog. Nor is it a political type blog. But because he's a flaming liberal, he enjoys to tell people.

Idk, just bugs me. I like the uni news, but his opinions are :censored: when it comes to them. But adding his :censored:ty political opinions in there too just makes it worse.

Would you react the same way if he was a flaming conservative?

Would you react the same way if he was a flaming conservative?

Flaming conservative? Don't we see them all the time in Congress? You know the ones who "hate" gays, yet on the side they are gay and come out of the closet when they are found cheating on their wives 6 months later at a gay bar? :cursing:

Love the Hornets alt. Would have liked purple with teal and gold pinstripes but I can dig this one too. Maybe purple would have been silly since the Mardi-Gras uni is already half-purple.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Yes, on both counts. It is his blog. He can write whatever he wants. It's actually kind of like the free market in that respect. If his political feelings begin to dominate the blog, and enough people find that to be annoying, then his readership goes down. So far that hasn't happened, which says to me that he's either kept his political opinions to a minimum where most readers can overlook them, or his readership is someone like you who agrees with most of what he says anyway.

The thing is, say you didn't. Say he was a conservative and he took jabs at liberals and the Obama administration every now and then. Would you, BBTV, be able to still go along with the "it's his opinion, get over it" attitude? I'm not trying to infer anything, I'm honestly curious. I think it's incredibly interesting how these distinctions are made; "People have the right to say anything as long as I agree with it." And that goes both ways.

Before you get defencive I'll say I'm guilty of it. I tend to agree with his politics for the most part, so it doesn't bother me. If he was a conservative, though, I probably wouldn't read his blog.

Which is what I would suggest to Legend. If you don't like his taste in uniforms or his politics, don't read his blog. Simple solution to your problem there, champ.

As for these, the Wolves is totally BFBS. They were blue and green up until they went nuts and came out with that design with the crazy numbers and the (admittedly cool) black trim and the black trim, but that's all it was - trim. Then they had black unis, and black merch, etc. There's no natural reason for them to use black as a main color, other than to sell stuff, therefore it's bfbs.

Agreed. These are black for black's sake. Yes, black has been a part of the Wolves colour scheme since 1996. When it was added, however, it was BFBS. Therefore it still is.

The Hornets jersey, eh not a fan. I love the logo updates they went with a few years ago, but I hate the uniforms that came with them. Use the current logos with the colours and uniforms they had when they first moved to New Orleans.

Re: Wolves getting a black alternate, I don't think it's BFBS.

Black has been one of their primary colors since they changed logos back in the mid-90's, and they never really dropped it. It's always been pretty visible on their uniforms.

In addition to that, I think the Wolves are a team where it actually makes sense to have a black jersey.

And what would the alternative be? A green jersey? A silver jersey? I'd prefer a black one.

I know I'm going to get torn apart for this, but maybe they are de-emphasizing green to distinguish themselves from neighboring Milwaukee, who has always had green as major part of their identity decades before the T'Wolves even existed. And maybe that's why they have never had a green jersey.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived