Hornets and Wolves Alternates Leaked

Punch

but maybe they are de-emphasizing green to distinguish themselves from neighboring Milwaukee

Well, since they're trying to differentiate themselves from a winning franchise, nobody can accuse the Timberwolves of false advertising. :P

I highly doubt they are trying to distinguish themselves from neighboring Milwaukee, which is in a different conference. Sometimes it seems more as if they are trying to be the Mavs. They opened up with the same colors and continue to be more Mav-ish when they change. I don't think that's what they're doing, but if they are trying to not look like one team, they are surely stepping in it by looking so much like another.

As for BFBS...My take is that this uniform, in and of itself, is not BFBS because black is a primary team color. If, for example, the Clippers or Golden State introduce black alts, that would be BFBS.

However, the progression of this team's primary look has a BFBS feel. Particularly when the Mavs changed, the Wolves had a unique scheme. I think darkening the blue and maybe adding a bit of silver would have made the blue/green great. But that's probably more my frustration with the team going in a direction I don't prefer. Trees...green...c'mon.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

aren't the Wolves also supposed to have "throwback" uniform for either ABA's Muskies or Pipers this season. They held a fan vote last August at the state fair.

Yea, I was wondering about that, too. I'd expect to see them around Dec.-Jan., because that's when the Wolves debuted their Hardwood Classic jersey last year.

Next year for the ABA Throwbacks.

Yup, to mark the 35th anniversary of the merger.

Thinking about it, practically half the league could get away with wearing ABA throwbacks next year. I'd particularly like to see Utah bust out the Stars unis and the Bobcats wearing Carolina Cougars unis...

Next year for the ABA Throwbacks.

Yup, to mark the 35th anniversary of the merger.

Thinking about it, practically half the league could get away with wearing ABA throwbacks next year. I'd particularly like to see Utah bust out the Stars unis and the Bobcats wearing Carolina Cougars unis...

I'd love to see some team wear the Spirits of St. Louis unis; although legally, I'm not sure if it would be allowed.

I agree with you on the NOLA, PHX, and ATL crap. Why not have the Clippers have a blue LAX jersey? Though I would love to see the Hornest wear the "NOLA" jerseys against the Lakers and have the chant of "NO L.A." go througout the arena. That would be cooler and more original than the "Beat L.A." chants.

I agree with you on the NOLA, PHX, and ATL crap. Why not have the Clippers have a blue LAX jersey? Though I would love to see the Hornest wear the "NOLA" jerseys against the Lakers and have the chant of "NO L.A." go througout the arena. That would be cooler and more original than the "Beat L.A." chants.

With NOLA, PHX, & ATL, I immediately associate the city name (not an airport) with those "abbreviations."

When I hear LAX, I first think of lacrosse, and then I think of the airport. I would never say that LAX directly stands for Los Angeles.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

This might be a dumb question, but does NBA 2K11 have codes like NHL does to get current, but unreleased uniforms?

nah, not a dumb question; they release the codes every year after the team wears the new jerseys in a game(hopefully this year too).

GO NETS.

With NOLA, PHX, & ATL, I immediately associate the city name (not an airport) with those "abbreviations."

I associated NOLA, PHX, and ATL with cheap marketing gimmicks. Spell out the city name. It's not hard.

Bumping this because the Hornets have officially unveiled their Mardi Gras uniforms. They'll debut them in a home game Dec. 10 against the OKC Thunder.

9081670-large.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Bumping this because the Hornets have officially unveiled their Mardi Gras uniforms. They'll debut them in a home game Dec. 10 against the OKC Thunder.

The big contrast in thickness between NOLA and the number doesn't look good to me, have to see them in action..

The big contrast in thickness between NOLA and the number doesn't look good to me, have to see them in action..

That's because of the flash from the camera; they look much better in "real life".

Also, they will only be worn on Saturdays, every one of them; that's how an alternate should be used.

Archived