2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great showing by Illinois. Too bad they can almost never play two games that well in a row. I can only hope they can do it again and have a better result than last time we met Kansas in the tournament (not quite sure how I even remember that game). Oh, and I'm pretty sure this is Bill Self's first game against Illinois since leaving, should be a good one.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Jeez a lot of big east teams making the conference look bad, 11 teams don't mean :censored: if almost half of the teams aren't even gonna advance

Feel free to save this post and use it next year, and the next, and the next.....

I'm tired of hearing about how amazing the Big East Conference is when all they do is crap in the bed when tourney time comes around. I can't believe how many people buy into the hype, year in and year out.

6uXNWAo.png

Jeez a lot of big east teams making the conference look bad, 11 teams don't mean :censored: if almost half of the teams aren't even gonna advance

Feel free to save this post and use it next year, and the next, and the next.....

I'm tired of hearing about how amazing the Big East Conference is when all they do is crap in the bed when tourney time comes around. I can't believe how many people buy into the hype, year in and year out.

I've been saying the same thing for 3 years now. The Big East is just 3 or 4 good teams and then like 10 mediocre teams who beat up on each other. The only teams from the Big East that can make a run are Pitt, Syracuse, Uconn, and maybe Notre Dame. All of the others are crap. Villanova, St. John's, Georgetown, and Louisville were all highly overrated. And West Virginia, Cincy, will all be done by today. Getting 11 teams in means nothing if 7 of them are out by the first weekend.

Okay I know there is a lot of controversy over expanding the tournament to 68 teams and making them play four games before. BUT the stupidest part of this is how they now refer to the first four games as the first round!! So the old first round games are now called second round? What the heck is that?

The first four games are play in games, just like when there was only one play in game! Don't call it the first round, its not the first round! I'm currently watching the second round, NOT the third round!

/rant

Okay I know there is a lot of controversy over expanding the tournament to 68 teams and making them play four games before. BUT the stupidest part of this is how they now refer to the first four games as the first round!! So the old first round games are now called second round? What the heck is that?

The first four games are play in games, just like when there was only one play in game! Don't call it the first round, its not the first round! I'm currently watching the second round, NOT the third round!

/rant

Agreed!

I'll probably be at the Cincinnati vs. Missouri game in Chinatown on Thursday, and at the Conncecticut vs. Bucknell game before it. Can't wait; I hope we don't lose to a team that might not even deserve to be in the tournament. And if Bucknell somehow beats UConn... Actually, that would be bad; I have UConn all the way on my bracket...

I lied, I wasn't there due to scheduling issues. But I will be at the UConn-Cincy game tonight and most of the Butler-Pitt game before it. I promise. I've already bought the tickets.

25yzwqg.png

I'm fine with the First Four being the first round. Because it is. The other 60 teams just get a bye into the second round. And they're just prepping us for when they go to 96 or 128 when that really will be the first round anyway. No biggie.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I'm fine with the First Four being the first round. Because it is. The other 60 teams just get a bye into the second round. And they're just prepping us for when they go to 96 or 128 when that really will be the first round anyway. No biggie.

Do you have any idea how silly that sounds?

BB52Big.jpg

Do you have any idea how silly that sounds?

Yeah. I'm not sure what the numerical threshold is for number of "byes" to number of teams having to play in a given round in terms of sounding right, but I'm pretty sure an 8 to 60 ratio isn't it. Call it "opening round" or "play in" games and only begin the first round crap when you do add 96 teams.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Temple with a late rally, forces overtime with San Diego State.

Hope y'all didn't have SDSU going deep in your bracket. :rolleyes:

Second Overtime

BTW, why the hell is it only 61-61 to start the 2nd OT? Make some damn lay-ups/free throws people.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived