Asheville Tourists New Logos

cmykenny

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a fan of the old tourist bear, but I like this, the moon man reminds me of what Mr. Met might look like if the Mets ever did get around to moving to Mercury :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I really like this, very creative and very unique. Plan B always cranks out great stuff!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Wow, that's a nice set for Asheville. Love the caps, especially.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

While I always enjoyed the visual of suitcase-toting Ted E. Tourist resplendent in his Hawaiian shirt, sunglasses and cleats, I like what Plan B has managed to do with this logo package. I don't feel a sunglasses-wearing Mr. Moon ties-in as seamlessly to the Tourists name as Ted E. Tourist used to, but I do like that the new primary mascot is a nod to the Asheville Moonshiners team name of yesteryear. The logos themselves are phenomenally well-rendered.

Very nice effort by Plan B.

Cool stuff! My only gripe is that the E of that font is a bit hard to read, but otherwise, it's very well done. I love the light blue cap.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like the new look.

Here is Ted E. Tourist:

And the new on-field hats:

I just went to the stadium to pick up a new fitted and its really cool how some of them glow in the dark. I decided on the home "Mr. Moon" cap and the moon face glows. On the Alternate cap only the stars glow in the dark.

glowhat.jpg

071022_Boston_sports_logos.jpg

Boston you're my home!

Been to a few Tourists games in my time. I want to love the logos, but I just like them instead (Ted E in the Hawaiian shirt was nearly perfect).

But the colors are a direct hit. Perfect for the mountains, and perfect for the park. The primary logo is phenomenal. The craft font is also dead on.

I just don't love Mr. Moon.

I like the new look.

Here is Ted E. Tourist:

I just went to the stadium to pick up a new fitted and its really cool how some of them glow in the dark. I decided on the home "Mr. Moon" cap and the moon face glows. On the Alternate cap only the stars glow in the dark.

glowhat.jpg

Whoa. Now THAT'S cool. Who would have ever thought to make glow-in-the-dark hats? I loved the identity to begin with, now after looking at it more and more and seeing this, it's already become one of my favorites in baseball. Freaking awesome.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I like the new look.

Here is Ted E. Tourist:

glowhat.jpg

Whoa. Now THAT'S cool. Who would have ever thought to make glow-in-the-dark hats? I loved the identity to begin with, now after looking at it more and more and seeing this, it's already become one of my favorites in baseball. Freaking awesome.

Plan B did glow in the dark hats for another Rockies affiliate: The Casper Ghosts.

RockiesSig.png

glowhat.jpg

Welp, that one's coming into the ol' collection.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Great update, but again, it doesn't really scream "Tourists" to me either.

And this is why it is a problem. It is, no doubt, a fantastic identity. But when there is a disconnect between the team name and the logo, it makes it look like they don't care. Unless there was some reason to stay the Tourists, a new name should have come with this great design. See: Kelowna Rockets.

Great update, but again, it doesn't really scream "Tourists" to me either.

And this is why it is a problem. It is, no doubt, a fantastic identity. But when there is a disconnect between the team name and the logo, it makes it look like they don't care. Unless there was some reason to stay the Tourists, a new name should have come with this great design. See: Kelowna Rockets.

i completely agree...i think one problem lies in the fact that they are trying to maintain their family environment and connotation somewhat by keeping the tourists namesake...even though it would make more sense to change to "moonshiners" although i must admit attendance is absurd for "thirsty thursdays" where they have the best drink specials in asheville with $1 draft beer night

071022_Boston_sports_logos.jpg

Boston you're my home!

Archived