Altoona Curve get a new look

rvrdgsfn

http://ballparkdigest.com/201011233304/minor-league-baseball/features/altoona-curve-unveils-new-look-logos-colors

I know they are a huge rival with my AA team (Flying Squirrels) but the logo is pretty good, not great but good. Done of course by Plan B Branding

Old Logo:

altoonacurve.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New Logos:

altoonanew1.jpg

altoonanew2.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

I like the keystone, I (kinda) like the lettering, but the conductor guy looks extremely out of place and awkward there. The outlines are very thick, his face is pretty jagged, there's distracting stripes all over him, his chin is facing one way while his mouth is on the side, he looks like he has a huge chew or something in his mouth, and his eyes look almost demonic. It also ruins the shape of the whole logo. I'm baffled how that could have made the cut.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

the conductor is creeping me out. it looks like he's leaning out of the window of the Creep Train near a middle school girls track meet.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It looks like they got an angry Jay Leno to model for it lol

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I don't like it, and I'm usually afraid of coming off as a Plan B apologist.

I can't quite put my finger on any one thing that sets it all off for me, but whether it's the keystone-A that's part of the logo package reminding me of the Heinz family of fine food products, the creepy conductor, the goofy-looking train track C, the Astros/D-Backian color scheme, there's something about the whole identity that I just can't cotton to.

Moer than anything, maybe it just feels like they phoned this one in. I'd wait for the uniforms to make a final judgment, but there's no point. The homes will feature the CURVE wordmark, the roads will have the Altoona portion, the alts will have the keystone A on one and the track C will be on the BP jerseys.

I'm just disappointed, is all.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I like this very much. However, I didn't have any issue with the previous set they had. I thought it was very classy, even though it did look a bit dated. But, it'll be interesting to see how their new uniforms and such look at the Diamond this season when the Squirrels sweep 'em. ;)

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I really like the old logo better. The puff on the "C" logo make the "C" hard to read. The track alone looks great as the "C"... the puff distorts it. My eyes fight it.

I have to disagree Gothamite, I think Altoona Curve is one of the best names in baseball. Love the play of words/tie in with a curve-ball pitch and then the famous "Horseshoe Curve"in Altoona.

Horseshoe Curve

I'm usually a fan of all things Plan B, but something about this doesn't work for me.

As people have already mentioned, the creepy looking Stan Smith conductor, the beveling/shading on the letters, the overall shape of the logo. The alternate C is neat, and a good throwback to their previous logo, which I do think needed an update.

It will be interesting to see how the whole package comes together. On the Clink Room they mentioned doing something outside the box for the official on field caps...I can only imagine that they will be grey and white stripes with the keystone A logo, just like the conductor is wearing...

The article posted about this story more or less stated the Curve changed their logo because after 12 years, they decided to go with a new one, because "minor league teams don't keep logos for that long traditionally."

I don't know.. Sounds like change for the sake of changing. I say if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Texas.gif

altoonanew2.jpg

I really like this logo, but something sticks out to me...

Are the ties steel, while the rails are wood? It looks that way to me. Usually the colors are flipped...?

istockphoto_6858448-railroad-track.jpg

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

You know, I usually love Plan B.'s work...but this one kinda missed the mark.

I like the character, but the way it's worked into the rest of the logo isn't working for me, and the conflicting elements (like someone had mentioned before about the highlights) aren't helping.

But, I guess we'll just have to wait to see the rest of the set.

Archived