New NFL Playoff Logo

sportsfan0518

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

feel bad for the field crews whom paint the logos on the fields those logos especally the Championship logos look like absoulte dogs to paint with all the different shades of silver

I would think that there are simplified versions sans gradients to be used in print/painting applications.

feel bad for the field crews whom paint the logos on the fields those logos especally the Championship logos look like absoulte dogs to paint with all the different shades of silver

I would think that there are simplified versions sans gradients to be used in print/painting applications.

Here is one of the 6-color logos designed for embroidery applications. No gradients. I suspect the 6-color versions (or something similar) will be used for the field paintings.

6COLOR.jpg

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

ColorWerx, can we get a sampling of the team playoff logos?

I promised to get these together...here's two of them...and I'll continue to work on the others:

NFLPlayoffs-ChicagoBears_PML1_2010.png

NFLPlayoffs-KansasCityChiefs_PML1_2010.png

It bugs me that the designer treated the Chiefs' colors as Red and White (with the White border)...it should have been Gold.

Weird. I though the reason the NFL shield looks so awkward in the football hole is because it was meant to be host to the logo of whatever playoff team it was for.

Well this way the logo reads NFL Playoffs then whatever team. I hate those team logos, way too verticle.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Yea definitely a missed opportunity there.

I think if the team logo were placed in the center of the football, the NFL logo could be placed immediately to the left and would look much more presentable; it would also still read "NFL Playoffs" if you were reading left-right.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Overall I think the new playoff logo system looks like garbage and an amateur/over produced attempt to establish a brand identity in the playoffs. There was NOTHING wrong with the last set. They had character and worked for me. They could have introduced an updated version of that and I would be happy. Now we're stuck with a bland grayscale graphic with gradients. Not cool.

Hey ColorWerx, do you happen to have the higher quality versions of the 'WildCard', 'Divisional', and the Championship game logos?

Do you have the ones for Divisional, Wild Card and Championship Games?

I'm working on them...I'll have them up later as well.

Those full playoff logos bug the crap out of me now. I now no longer see the area that holds the NFL logo as being a void. With the color background and beveled-ness, all I can see is an overhead view of a bowl of colored water with the NFL logo floating in the middle.

Thanks NFL for taking a good logo and replaying with a crappy logo, then taking the crappy logo and making it worse.

Here is one of the 6-color logos designed for embroidery applications. No gradients. I suspect the 6-color versions (or something similar) will be used for the field paintings.

6COLOR.jpg

And once again, the simplified embroidery versions are by far the best, as was the case with the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl logos. I feel I'm one of the few who like the new "unified" playoff logos the NFL is using now, but they really should have just made these the generic, all-purpose logos, instead of the awful gradient messes they chose. Keeping it simple is always the way to go.

Are you doing only the playoff teams?

I will eventually get to all of them...I thought I'd start with the teams currently playing right now...I guess since these are not season/date-specific, they could use these for any future seasons...provided that the teams don't change logos in the meantime.

Working on Atlanta next...they'll have two different versions...one using Metallic Silver (in the Falcons logo), and another with the flat, non-metallic Gray.

Archived