Seattle Sounders "Shale" Jersey

dabest13

I too have a problem with the silver stripe placement. I like the silver color but not where its at.

Notice the big XBOX instead of XBOX360 Live? Is that going to be for all jerseys next season?

Just so everyone's clear, the silver stripes aren't placed where they are for aesthetic purposes. They're functional compression bands that improve running posture and body awareness. I, too, think they look kind of strange on a jersey. They should have just made them the same color as the shirt.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too have a problem with the silver stripe placement. I like the silver color but not where its at.

Notice the big XBOX instead of XBOX360 Live? Is that going to be for all jerseys next season?

Just so everyone's clear, the silver stripes aren't placed where they are for aesthetic purposes. They're functional compression bands that improve running posture and body awareness.

Do they make the players 6% faster on the ice? :wacko:

Just so everyone's clear, the silver stripes aren't placed where they are for aesthetic purposes. They're functional compression bands that improve running posture and body awareness.

Man, you guys love to hate on those tiny, incremental advantages. If I had a dime for every time I regretted that I wasn't a split second quicker or that I wasn't able to jump an inch higher while playing sports, I'd be rich. It's that tiny advantage that often times is the difference between making the play and giving up the score, or the difference between getting out of harm's way or ending up injured.

Why does no one poke fun at those ultra bright headlights that allow drivers 6% better response time?

No matter, the point is that the bands are where they are for a reason, and that reason is not aesthetic. Thus, moving them to a more aesthetically pleasing location on the garment isn't an option because the purpose of the bands is then defeated. On the non-TechFit version of the shirt, the look of the bands has then been replicated for consistency's sake, so it seems.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Man, you guys love to hate on those tiny, incremental advantages. If I had a dime for every time I regretted that I wasn't a split second quicker or that I wasn't able to jump an inch higher while playing sports, I'd be rich. It's that tiny advantage that often times is the difference between making the play and giving up the score, or the difference between getting out of harm's way or ending up injured.

I'm on both sides of the fence. I know performance is often the #1 thing when athletic suppliers are developing a new design. After all, if it makes you perform worse, then why develop it? However, how much performance would you give up by moving the silver stripe over one inch so the crest doesn't have to overlap it?

Why does no one poke fun at those ultra bright headlights that allow drivers 6% better response time?

No matter, the point is that the bands are where they are for a reason, and that reason is not aesthetic. Thus, moving them to a more aesthetically pleasing location on the garment isn't an option because the purpose of the bands is then defeated. On the non-TechFit version of the shirt, the look of the bands has then been replicated for consistency's sake, so it seems.

Because we all know, that all those "technical" advancements are 100% complete marketing and don't do diddly squat! These uniform "advancements" don't make a player better, it's the hard work in the off-season that makes a player better and faster. Sorry to tell you that the lies of Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, and Reebok don't make players better, but the hard work of the players themselves make them better. Stop believing the marketing lies. Marketing is about telling you what you want to hear, not the truth. All these "advancements" in uniforms is the same as the promises of AXE and girls attacking you. Or having a beer and the great parties and women who just walk up to you. I'm sorry beer belly guys, it's not true, even if you wear AXE and have some Bud Light and wear one a Reebok Edge jersey, you'll still be the same loner on your couch with your beer and slow as hell! Don't believe the lies.

Because we all know, that all those "technical" advancements are 100% complete marketing and don't do diddly squat! These uniform "advancements" don't make a player better, it's the hard work in the off-season that makes a player better and faster. Sorry to tell you that the lies of Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, and Reebok don't make players better, but the hard work of the players themselves make them better. Stop believing the marketing lies. Marketing is about telling you what you want to hear, not the truth. All these "advancements" in uniforms is the same as the promises of AXE and girls attacking you. Or having a beer and the great parties and women who just walk up to you. I'm sorry beer belly guys, it's not true, even if you wear AXE and have some Bud Light and wear one a Reebok Edge jersey, you'll still be the same loner on your couch with your beer and slow as hell! Don't believe the lies.

I have a theory that every oddball post is exactly four lines long. No succinct one-liners and no longform analyses, just strange views articulated strangely over four lines. They're also redundant and combative.

Four and a half on this one, as it turns out.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have a theory that every oddball post is exactly four lines long. No succinct one-liners and no longform analyses, just strange views articulated strangely over four lines. They're also redundant and combative.

Four and a half on this one, as it turns out.

Obviously some people can't count. It's 3 3/4! :hockeysmiley:

Those little incremental advantages don't matter if every one has it.

looks allright if you can ignore the silver stripes.

What jersey does it replace, the blue/green away one or that ugly yellowish something?

Blue one sadly. Wish it replaced the neon!

I don't agree. Neon Green IS Sounders to me. It's our color. And, #1 in merchandise sales in the MLS. Not bad.

You're entitled to believe what you want, but these companies can't make claims like that without science to back them up. It's not like a beer commercial or an AXE commercial. There's no data to back up the effects of those products. Athletes, especially professional athletes, are all in impeccable shape. At a certain point, the athleticism plateaus as one attempts to reach that ultimate balance of speed, strength and endurance. This is where the equipment makes the difference. Take a 100m race, for example. It's not that uncommon to see a runner win by one tenth, a few hundredths or even several thousandths of a second. A garment that can help your body operate even 1% more efficiently could win you that race, all other things being equal. It's the same reason athletes may add a supplement to their workout regimen. For all the hard work that they put in, they know their opponents are putting in just as much, and it's that tiny fraction of an advantage that can make the difference.

Those little incremental advantages don't matter if every one has it.

Not everyone wears the PowerWeb jersey or undergarments, so I don't see how this is relevant.

looks allright if you can ignore the silver stripes.

What jersey does it replace, the blue/green away one or that ugly yellowish something?

Blue one sadly. Wish it replaced the neon!

I don't agree. Neon Green IS Sounders to me. It's our color. And, #1 in merchandise sales in the MLS. Not bad.

I was referring to the Neon Yellow. The Rave Green is cool, I have a personalized jersey in it.

Is the kit Black or Graphite?

It seems Graphite to me... and if that's the case, I obviously approve.

I'd prefer if the silver stripes didn't interfere with the placement of the logo, seems a little silly to me.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived