Crazy Oregon State Nike Concept

GFB

Decided to have a little fun with this one... First, instead of the Beavers crappy logo, I used the Portland Beavers logo I made earlier this year for the CF2 team. Then on the shoulders, there is a "beaver tail pattern" that slowly gradates the color of the shoulders. I also included a pro-combat inspired throwback jersey...

Feel free to leave thoughts... comments... etc...

Helmet:

OSU_Beavers1.png

Throwback Helmet:

OSU_Beavers2.png

OSU_BeaversUniforms1.png

OSU_BeaversUniforms2.png

Beaver Tail Pattern:

OSU_Beavers3.png

When I see a concept, I judge it by 'is it an improvement on the current uni/logo/identity?' In your case, I will say yes. Your beaver logo is better. Your unis are not crazy. I could see that on the field. I like the throwback. Good job!

Everyone loves a roundel.

Your unis are not crazy.

Agreed. There's nothing that's all that crazy about this concept. I'd actually say it's quite muted. It is, however, very smart. The beaver-tail pattern is a nice touch, allowing for the shoulders to be distinctive. The beaver logo is quite good too. (At first, I didn't know it wasn't part of their actual logo package.) The whole design looks like an update on a classic uniform (though I don't know if Oregon State ever wore plain black uniforms with orange shoulders and white pants), so it's both modern but also can be tolerated by those who prefer throwbacks.

I do have to question why you used Arial for the throwback typeface though. (I mean, it's not even Helvetica. What kind of designer are you? :P )

I think this looks great. I love the idea and it definitely works.

I think on the throwback helmet you should delete the shadow, because it's a matte black. (On the real one of course)

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I see nothing wrong with this. Yes, the design is unorthodox, but unlike Nikegon, you stuck to the school's colors and didn't take one from OSU's rival. Good stuff.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Wow, I really, really like this. I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said; you don't see a whole lot of sensibility in the rush to modernize a team's uniform these days but this shows it can be done. Great job!

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Wow, I really, really like this. I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said; you don't see a whole lot of sensibility in the rush to modernize a team's uniform these days but this shows it can be done. Great job!

How is this insane like u of o? it seems pretty tame in comparison to u of o. Also beaver tails texture are more scaly not t's.

Lionshelmet.png

I really like these unis a lot. You did a great job of giving them a modern look without going over the top. And the beaver tail pattern was a great idea, and it looks sweet. I do agree with Ted Cunningham on the throwbacks though...I would choose a better font.

Hey, that's a sweet logo! I'm so jealous of the CFA2 team you made it for! tongue.gif

It actually looks really good here, though

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I'm a big fan of these. While your Beaver logo is better than the current, I'm actually a big fan of the simple OS logo they have and I'd love to see that on the helmet.

Also, I don't think you need the gradient fade on the shoulders and pants, the tail pattern can stand by itself. The gradient doesn't add much to the design and doesn't make a lot of sense either.

Love the unis, but not a fan of either helmet. I'd go with the OS logo or just a plain black helmet.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived