Lebron Just Keeps on Stroking His Ego

Magnus

Who's leading the ego-driven race in the sports world?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What the hell is "LeBrett James" trying to prove with this? Not that he needs the money. Like "The Decision", perhaps some of his ego-boost is going to charity. <_<

It's like he WANTS people to hate him now. Not tryin' to sound like a Clevelander here, but the guy comes off as a serious douche.

6uXNWAo.png

I don't think this was really LeBron's idea. People convince him to do this stuff.

Pretty much. I'm convinced that this is the work of Maverick Carter & World Wide Wes...but LeBron probably has last say in it.

I don't think this was really LeBron's idea. People convince him to do this stuff.

Pretty much. I'm convinced that this is the work of Maverick Carter & World Wide Wes...but LeBron probably has last say in it.

I think World Wide Wes is out of the circle. The biggest star in baskeball is now entirely managed and represented by a handful of tards who grew up down the street from him.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I voted for Crosby.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This is the sticking point right here. If LeBron didn't want this to happen, it wouldn't.

And yes, I'm well aware that Bron is far from the only athlete who does stuff like this. That doesn't make him or any of these other clowns any less of a spoiled b*tch.

I voted for Crosby.

Ovechkin's ego makes Sid's look tame. In fact, "Alexander Ovechkin" translates from Russian to English as "Lebron James". (Or so I've heard.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Why must people with money act as if they don't? Sure, it's refreshing when a multi-millionaire (or billionaire) acts like a "regular guy", or lives a humble life, but why does it matter if they take advantage of the resources that they have? We want them to be like us, but no matter how they act, they aren't. Hell - part of what makes these guys great athletes is their egos. At the very least, it boils down to jealousy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think there's a distinct difference between "balls-out rich-guy birthday party," which sounds awesome, and "co-opted sponsorship and brand-build opportunity," which is what this is and sounds kinda sad.

I don't know if LeBron's been capable of acting like an actual human since around the age of 16. He's a walking marketing strategy.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why must people with money act as if they don't? Sure, it's refreshing when a multi-millionaire (or billionaire) acts like a "regular guy", or lives a humble life, but why does it matter if they take advantage of the resources that they have? We want them to be like us, but no matter how they act, they aren't. Hell - part of what makes these guys great athletes is their egos. At the very least, it boils down to jealousy.

I think even without the reality of the worst economy in seven decades, there's plenty of room to object on moral grounds that have nothing to do with jealousy.

I think even without the reality of the worst economy in seven decades, there's plenty of room to object on moral grounds that have nothing to do with jealousy.

My "moral grounds", do you mean generally-accepted societal rules for how people "should" act? Could you elaborate?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My "moral grounds", do you mean generally-accepted societal rules for how people "should" act? Could you elaborate?

I think he means that at a time when most people are struggling to make ends meet it's just insensitive and pompous to flaunt wealth in this manner.

I think there's a distinct difference between "balls-out rich-guy birthday party," which sounds awesome, and "co-opted sponsorship and brand-build opportunity," which is what this is and sounds kinda sad.

This is where I'm at. Rich people throw huge parties all the time. That's fine, it's what they do. This, however, is just a little much.

I think he means that at a time when most people are struggling to make ends meet it's just insensitive and pompous to flaunt wealth in this manner.

And that's fine, I can understand that. However look at it from the rich guy's perspective - should he be monitoring the economy and the unemployment rate to determine how he should act or what he can do? Like should he open the paper and be like "sweet! Unemployment is down to 6%! I can go buy that yacht and not feel bad!"

Don't get me wrong - I'm not a major proponent of our economic system and don't like the fact that we have a society with such a large gap between the have and have nots, but short of a revolution, this is the world in which we (American's) live, so that being the case, while I think that it would be nice if he showed a little discretion and was sensitive to the world around him, by no means do I feel that he has an obligation to.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not a major proponent of our economic system and don't like the fact that we have a society with such a large gap between the have and have nots, but short of a revolution, this is the world in which we (American's) live, so that being the case, while I think that it would be nice if he showed a little discretion and was sensitive to the world around him, by no means do I feel that he has an obligation to.

I can agree with that. It's his money, he's certainly free to do what he wants with it. I just think people are pointing out that they too would like to see him show a little discretion.

And that's fine, I can understand that. However look at it from the rich guy's perspective - should he be monitoring the economy and the unemployment rate to determine how he should act or what he can do? Like should he open the paper and be like "sweet! Unemployment is down to 6%! I can go buy that yacht and not feel bad!"

It's not like LeBron is a trust fund baby who doesn't know anything different than the lifestyle he's accustom to now, but even if that were the case, I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect him to show a little human empathy and self-awareness. Yes, I get that "that's the way it is," but that still doesn't mean people should have to shrug it off when someone decides to flaunt and revel in excess. I just wish people were as willing to hold people in the corporate world to the same standards that we hold athletes when affixing the label of "spoiled crybaby."

At first I thought the title said "Eggo" and not "Ego" and wondered if LeBron had joined the Maple Leafs.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived