San Diego Chargers

Lights Out

The yoke definitely doesn't work.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I agree, I'm not a fan of the yoke. Although I like the rest, except I'm not a fan of white helmets with white facemasks, so I would change that, but that's personal preference.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Really not a lot of good happening here.

The yoke piping combined with the shoulder bolts is too much. You don't want anything in that area taking the eye away from the bolts.

The rounded edges of the numbers makes an arguably weak font look weaker. The double outline is a little much too. If you're going to do it, at least make it consistent. On the home jersey, the inner outline matches the jersey color, meaning that there's only two new colors to the numbers (yellow and navy). On the white jersey, there's three colors. Either would be fine, just be consistent.

Also, the inconsistent bolt treatment is glaring. Things don't always have to be consistent, but it's just so far off here, it's distracting. There's just too many different backgrounds.

Also, the NFL would never go for numbers on a full-time helmet again, but since this is a concept, that's fine. If it was a proposal, it wouldn't fly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Really not a lot of good happening here.

The yoke piping combined with the shoulder bolts is too much. You don't want anything in that area taking the eye away from the bolts.

The rounded edges of the numbers makes an arguably weak font look weaker. The double outline is a little much too. If you're going to do it, at least make it consistent. On the home jersey, the inner outline matches the jersey color, meaning that there's only two new colors to the numbers (yellow and navy). On the white jersey, there's three colors. Either would be fine, just be consistent.

Also, the inconsistent bolt treatment is glaring. Things don't always have to be consistent, but it's just so far off here, it's distracting. There's just too many different backgrounds.

Also, the NFL would never go for numbers on a full-time helmet again, but since this is a concept, that's fine. If it was a proposal, it wouldn't fly.

I would support numbers on primary helmets. Besides, the backs of helmets are nowadays cluttered (safety warnings, NOCSAE stamp, US flag, NFL shield, green dot, etc.)

Would getting rid of the piping on the yoke (basically making the stripes look almost the same as they do now) help?

It would help, but this would look much better if you got rid of the yoke altogether (and changed the color of the bolts where appropriate).

i don't mind the connection of piping to the bolts but maybe round the bolts more how they currently are... reminds me of the old miami jersey style maybe look at those for reference. also the yellow looks more mustard colored in your mock ups.

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Archived