Indiana Pacers' uniforms

eRay

Looking through NBA game action photos today I came across this pic of Dunleavy celebrating a game-winner. Upon 1st glance everything looks normal. Take a closer look at the side paneling on the jersey vs the sides of the shorts.

See here

On the jerseys it goes:

Navy|Gray|White| Yellow |White|Gray|Navy

On the shorts it goes:

Navy|White|Gray| Yellow |Gray|White|Navy

What gives? Is this a one-time thing(maybe Dunleavy is wearing old shorts or something)? Or has it always been like this? Or maybe did they match until the new adidas jerseys came into play? Everything I have seen seems to point to the last scenario, as the Gray has always been next to the Yellow, but why would it have to change to accommodate the new jersey style? Makes no sense. Any other teams having similar issues?

Great catch, I have never noticed that. Considering it's on both the homes and aways (on different players), I don't think it's a "mistake" (in the sense that it only happened to Dunleavy), but maybe it's a mistake they made for everybody. Wow, that's pretty embarrassing.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Honestly, you have to have a close up HD picture to see that. I would never notice that. I think your making it to be a bigger deal then it actually is.

Welcome to the Chris Creamer Boards, where we are uniform gurus, we notice stuff like that. Let me give you a quick tour. If you look to your left, there's Tnak calling for the Mets' GM's head and going on a political rant. To your right, Will is going on a rant about Notre Dame and not being in a conference and Lights Out is calling him out. Just ignore the Panhead dancing for attention. He's like the unwanted court jester.

But back on topic: I have never noticed that, and I'm surprised that nothing has been done about it, that seems like a such an easy thing to fix.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Honestly, you have to have a close up HD picture to see that. I would never notice that. I think your making it to be a bigger deal then it actually is.

It's the principle of the thing, I probably would never notice that on TV either, even if I had HD. It's the principle that a team in the highest and most professional basketball league in the country (and maybe the world, I guess that depends on who you ask) made such a glaring uniform error, and might even be making that error every single game without realizing it. You are crazy if you don't expect an issue like that to be nailed and discussed on a site like this.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

....so what kind of message board did you think you were joining when you signed up?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I looked on NBA Shop and they are selling the mismatching shorts with the wrong stripes. I'm not sure if ANYONE at all caught this, or if they did, the Pacers just let it go.

6873.gif13-3. 1st place in NFC West. 1 fumble away from Super Bowl 46.

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.gif. 40-26. Lost in Conference Semifinals

zroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gif34-36-12 80 Points. Painfully watching the rivals win the Cup.

2908.gif 28-26. 3 GB of AL East lead. Starting to turn around the season.

Also, looked up the uniforms on the site, and the stripes match.

rs7dauz89201l84e1m95phnlp.gif

However, when the uniforms first came out in 2005, the stripes DID match. Sometime somewhere they stopped matching.

84606334.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5488942487E2F111721AE5E6A6FA1FE6433610098AC1C1D15DB

6873.gif13-3. 1st place in NFC West. 1 fumble away from Super Bowl 46.

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.gif. 40-26. Lost in Conference Semifinals

zroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gif34-36-12 80 Points. Painfully watching the rivals win the Cup.

2908.gif 28-26. 3 GB of AL East lead. Starting to turn around the season.

Quite a regrettable mistake, and unfortunately one of many that have cropped up since Adidas took the reins. This one, though, is much more puzzling than the lack of beveling/inlining on numbers (that problem is due to mesh; this one has nothing to do with that). This really needs to be corrected, but who knows if the team actually cares enough to?

I can't stand Adidas. I miss the days of Nike and Champion when they cared more about the teams individually than they did about plastering their brand logo on everything.

LOL at this post. LOL.

This sounds like a job for Uniwatch - has anyone e-mailed Paul yet? Of course he has probably read this already, but someone should write in just in case.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In that pic, is that shorts patch with the ring around the Pacers "P" have a red interior?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I can't stand Adidas. I miss the days of Nike and Champion when they cared more about the teams individually than they did about plastering their brand logo on everything.

This just in: adidas doesn't care about individual teams, nor does Nike or Champion (or Under Armour, Russell, etc.) They are sportswear companies trying to get people to buy their sportswear. The overwhelming attitude in this industry is that there's no money to be made by caring about each individual team, and that's why we have what we have.

Let's not pretend any league would be picture perfect with Nike or Champion at the helm. It's like asking, 'Would I rather have Fidel Castro or Ivan the Terrible in charge of my country?' Marketing and capitalism have transformed the sportswear industry into a terrible monster and erased all semblance of the rich visual history for which many of our individual and team sports were known. As a result, we have technological advancements faster than ever before, but everything is now geared toward capturing the buying power of the consumer rather than capturing the identity and history of the sport and its teams.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

....so what kind of message board did you think you were joining when you signed up?

I love it when people signup for this board and then make a comment that we are going over the top with our analysis of a uniform or logo.

Archived