New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Avert your eyes. Worse than I thought.

securedownload.jpg

That orange jersey is an abominate that should be burned immediately. Orange jerseys alone are just abnoxious, but add in their new "Miami" wordmark and it's just a clashing mess.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally expected poll results from one of the the local papers. Since it was put up last night it's gotten 1364 votes, 1128 or 83% of which voted "God-awful! This is way over the top!".

Sure the new design represents Miami... the tacky, touristy, Crockett and Tubbs Miami.

They've already distanced themselves both figuratively and literally from the fans in Broward and Palm Beach Counties(which together have a larger population and historically higher season ticket sales than Miami-Dade), and the new identity will further hurt support in the northern counties.

The local reaction to the "leaks" in South Florida has been clear, overwhelmingly negative. We'll never develop the strong fanbase I know we have the potential to become if we keep getting kicked in the stomach every time things seem to be moving in the right direction. As usual, it's one step forward, five steps back for the Fish.

Thankfully the ballpark deal came with a 30 year agreement with the Marlins and MLB to keep the team in South Florida, so eventually when Loria sells the team or dies, this crap can go with him. There is already a spot reserved for the Miami Marlins alongside the Gorton's Fisherman and the Buffaslug on the Island of Misfit Mascots.

securedownload.jpg

Man that mismatched, multiple outlining, multiple sizes, on the chest wordmark has to be cleaned up. A little restraint here and they could be really exciting and nice. Right now they're simply too much. Hope for refinement over the next couple of seasons though.

Worse than you thought? Those are pretty damn good. That orange is playing with my eyes though, so that may be a weak link.

I didn't have a problem with them going a different route. I didn't love the logo, but I thought the uniforms had potential. Saw these and felt like throwing up all over the front of my shirt. I may buy the hat, but other than that I'm hitting the clearance racks for my Marlins gear.

hollywoodp.jpg

Totally expected poll results from one of the the local papers. Since it was put up last night it's gotten 1364 votes, 1128 or 83% of which voted "God-awful! This is way over the top!".

Sure the new design represents Miami... the tacky, touristy, Crockett and Tubbs Miami.

They've already distanced themselves both figuratively and literally from the fans in Broward and Palm Beach Counties(which together have a larger population and historically higher season ticket sales than Miami-Dade), and the new identity will further hurt support in the northern counties.

The local reaction to the "leaks" in South Florida has been clear, overwhelmingly negative. We'll never develop the strong fanbase I know we have the potential to become if we keep getting kicked in the stomach every time things seem to be moving in the right direction. As usual, it's one step forward, five steps back for the Fish.

Thankfully the ballpark deal came with a 30 year agreement with the Marlins and MLB to keep the team in South Florida, so eventually when Loria sells the team or dies, this crap can go with him. There is already a spot reserved for the Miami Marlins alongside the Gorton's Fisherman and the Buffaslug on the Island of Misfit Mascots.

Ouch. Never good when the vast majority of your paying public hates your product. Something tells me Miami Marlins merch sales are going to blow.

Can the mods ban people from certain discussions? Like if "Marlins" is ever referenced in any topic, "certain members" are automatically locked out of that thread? I think Chris needs to look into that technology.

securedownload.jpg

Thought that the Alt jersey was supposed to have a matching Orange cap... regardless, I like what I see!

Yeah, where's the orange cap?

Those don't look bad at all.

I like the orange alt mainly because mutes the other outlandish colors a bit. Something tells me we might see that alt a lot!

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

For some reason, the MIAMI script with the Multi-coloured M & rest in Orange dropshadow (if you call it that) works great, but that MARLINS script is bothering me.

The Marlin motif swooshing around the I looks completely out of place... it needs the white/silver outline instead of black.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

securedownload.jpg

I kind of like the the homes better. The white outline, though necessary, just kind of muddles the wordmark by making the letters appear too close together. And I've come around on the rainbow trim as long as it's equally distributed amongst each letter of the word mark. It appears that the M has the one and then ARLINS is a little different. That should be addressed. And I don't get the marlin on a different letter on "Marlins". Should remain consistent and be only on the M at the beginning. Since both location and nickname begin with that same letter, it would be easy and tie them together, like the Angels did when they went red and Anaheim on the roads had the halo on the first A (and not the next one).

Overall, unique that can work, not top of the league stuff, however. Just some inconsistencies that need to be looked at. So far, personal grade of about a B- to B. Which is better than what I anticipated, especially after the leak of the logo, at which I believe a D or even D- would've been the best I would give.

securedownload.jpg

The white jersey looks nice, but that orange alternate is pretty sad. Nothing like re-branding your team by looking like the Orioles and Giants. If the Orioles eer I mean Marlins must have that orange top, at least drop the black cap and separate yourself from those 2 other teams.

For some reason, the MIAMI script with the Multi-coloured M & rest in Orange dropshadow (if you call it that) works great, but that MARLINS script is bothering me.

The Marlin motif swooshing around the I looks completely out of place... it needs the white/silver outline instead of black.

[

1. I actually think that if they're going to go with that "shadow" then it should match the bottom of the M across the other letters, which would be the blue.

2. Should be on the M. Looks more out of place on another letter when the M is at the beginning. Consistency is the key.

Fishheatcats,

Get over it and move on with your life.

Sincerely,

The Chris Creamer Sports Logos Community

No.

Sincerely,

The guy who's baseball team has been murdered.

Seriously, people would put up with Yankees or Cubs fans throwing a fit if Loria pulled this kind of crap with those teams. When one of the few sources of joy and pride you have is destroyed, I think one has the right to bitch. I apologize if that bothers anyone here. And if one of you're hometown teams and a piece of your childhood is made a joke of, I won't be telling you to "shut up and get over it".

In a few hours baseball dies to me, so you won't have to hear me talk about it here anymore.

Cheers.

Fishheatcats,

Get over it and move on with your life.

Sincerely,

The Chris Creamer Sports Logos Community

No.

Sincerely,

The guy who's baseball team has been murdered.

Seriously, people would put up with Yankees or Cubs fans throwing a fit if Loria pulled this kind of crap with those teams. When one of the few sources of joy and pride you have is destroyed, I think one has the right to bitch. I apologize if that bothers anyone here. And if one of you're hometown teams and a piece of your childhood is made a joke of, I won't be telling you to "shut up and get over it".

In a few hours baseball dies to me, so you won't have to hear me talk about it here anymore.

Cheers.

The Marlins aren't they Yankees or Cubs. Get over it.

One thing I was actually liking about the wordmarks was the spacing between the letters. Not having an outline that touched just gave it a bit more of that deco feel. Seeing it with the outline and the letters much closer gives it minor leagueish kind of feel. So does the highlighting. Simply mimicing the outlining from the M would help.

Not sure who that is in the orange jersey, but the logo looks way too big on his cap. It looked better when it was a little smaller.

Archived