New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it. Looks worse than I thought. They should have gone with something like this(put it on every letter). They should also flip the Marlin so that it's coming across the front of the 'M'. Very disappointed.

1hea8w.png

Overkill man. Gotta known when too much is too much. A mascot doesn't need to be repeated within a single wordmark.

Floating around Twitter via user @LesPantin

Ad7gYb-CIAADeNi.jpg

Now the only question is: Which font(s) will appear on the back?

Probably similar to the Letter B and # 20 on the image.

Gotta say, I'm really coming around on this look. The marlin is still way too abstract, but at this point, that's about the only qualm. And Miami on the home, at least for a season, makes sense. It's to establish a location name change after 19 seasons as Florida, unlike the Rays putting Rays on the roads when Rays had appeared on their home uniforms their entire existence, with Devil above it for only the first few seasons.

I hate it. Looks worse than I thought. They should have gone with something like this(put it on every letter). They should also flip the Marlin so that it's coming across the front of the 'M'. Very disappointed.

1hea8w.png

Overkill man. Gotta known when too much is too much. A mascot doesn't need to be repeated within a single wordmark.

While I'm not saying I disagree with this opinion, you should look at your own world champions ball club. :P

1hea8w.png

While I'm not saying I disagree with this opinion, you should look at your own world champions ball club. :P

They're not identically located on actual letters. Plus they're balanced out on the ends aswear these marlins are not balanced, one on the end and the other not quite in the middle but not at the end either. And both of the facing the same way doesn't help. And it just doesn't look good either.

1hea8w.png

They're not identically located on actual letters. Plus they're balanced out on the ends aswear these marlins are not balanced, one on the end and the other not quite in the middle but not at the end either. And both of the facing the same way doesn't help. And it just doesn't look good either.

Haha that was more of a casual joke as opposed to getting all technical about comparing them, but I feel ya.

While I think the entire identity might be good, and I like the M itself, the marlin is :censored:ing terrible. You can't use such an abstract logo as a mascot for a sports team. The M with the marlin swoosh works for Marlin Office Supply Co., Marlin Graphic Solutions, and Marlin Heating and Cooling, but not for the Miami Marlins professional baseball team.

Why not, exactly? Simple, abstract logos can work just fine.

1hea8w.png

The mix of colors and how they're arranged, particularly on the jersey remind me of the old blue/red/black 3D comic books if you read them without the 3D glasses. They're just a busy mess. Kinda the antithesis of what people accused the Padres of being. If the Pads were bland then these are abnoxiously loud and tasteless. Shame too considering what they're replacing.

While I think the entire identity might be good, and I like the M itself, the marlin is :censored:ing terrible. You can't use such an abstract logo as a mascot for a sports team. The M with the marlin swoosh works for Marlin Office Supply Co., Marlin Graphic Solutions, and Marlin Heating and Cooling, but not for the Miami Marlins professional baseball team.

Why not, exactly? Simple, abstract logos can work just fine.

This is too abstract. Finding a balance between an abstract logo and a silhouette logo would've been more ideal.

Archived