New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would people think leaked jerseys would be in a graphic format? Maybe it's because we see concepts like this all the time, but isn't it incredibly obvious that this is just a concept?

The recent Islanders jerseys leaked in a graphic.

Makes some sense that such a thing might happen when you figure how many suppliers have access to the Style Guide - disseminating accurate depictions of the uniforms to various groups of people is what it's for.

Why would people think leaked jerseys would be in a graphic format? Maybe it's because we see concepts like this all the time, but isn't it incredibly obvious that this is just a concept?

The official uniform specs for MLB teams are all presented in a similar graphic format in the style guide. And to Joe Public, if they see anything like that posted with someone claiming it's real, they are likely to believe it.

Why are they unveiling it so late in the day?

They aren't, the "invitation only" unveiling is at 9:00 AM, the public can then buy the crap at 11:00 AM. That is assuming of course that there is anyone out there with taste as bad as Loria and a total lack of self respect who would want to buy it.

The recent Islanders jerseys leaked in a graphic.

Makes some sense that such a thing might happen when you figure how many suppliers have access to the Style Guide - disseminating accurate depictions of the uniforms to various groups of people is what it's for.

Pretty sure that Isles one was a prototype but I understand your point. Though putting "ROBBMAN" on the back should've given it away.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I read that they are doing it late in the day because it is Veterans day & want to allow everybody time to get there (I don't know why they say this).

Also they want to unveil at 11:11 on 11/11/11. Maybe if they did it in the morning it would clash with something for Veterans day.

Someone also asked for a link about the Marlins appearances on Saturday, here's who is scheduled to appear & which mall & at what times:

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/fla/fan_forum/events.jsp

FWIW - I'm putting together a Florida Marlins graphics retrospective for my blog...I should have it ready by tomorrow (I hope).

I have the vast majority of the Marlins graphics since 1993, but according to the Mothership, I might be missing a couple of the commemorative marks.

They aren't, the "invitation only" unveiling is at 9:00 AM, the public can then buy the crap at 11:00 AM. That is assuming of course that there is anyone out there with taste as bad as Loria and a total lack of self respect who would want to buy it.

If I lived in South Florida I'd buy one *shrug* It's pretty unique looking, in a good way.

If I lived in South Florida I'd buy one *shrug* It's pretty unique looking, in a good way.

As Someone who collects hats and will own at least one of these, how do you have a total lack of self respect by wearing this. Just because you hate the design and are mad about losing the florida marlins doesn't mean you have to troll.

I'm desperately hoping for a blue hat orange bill or the opposite, but from the sounds of it that won't be happening.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

As Someone who collects hats and will own at least one of these, how do you have a total lack of self respect by wearing this. Just because you hate the design and are mad about losing the florida marlins doesn't mean you have to troll.

I'm desperately hoping for a blue hat orange bill or the opposite, but from the sounds of it that won't be happening.

Hey how many hats do you have?

I collect as well, I'm up to 231.

I recently got the hard to find Cardinals Alt with the cardinal on the bat but the first version with the red beak and a plaid visor Rays.

Not to mention people in Miami aren't even "losing" the Marlins. No one in Anaheim lost the Angels when they moved to "California" and then "Los Angeles."

...how do you have a total lack of self respect by wearing this.

The internet has long been a stronghold of righteous indignation. You've been around long enough I thought you'd have known by now.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The internet has long been a stronghold of righteous indignation. You've been around long enough I thought you'd have known by now.

Actually your right, that one just really caught me off guard!

@facegab I'm nowhere near your collection,, I'm at about 70 right now which really is pretty good for being 17 and having limited finances.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Actually your right, that one just really caught me off guard!

@facegab I'm nowhere near your collection,, I'm at about 70 right now which really is pretty good for being 17 and having limited finances.

Hey 70 is great, I would have killed for that many at 17.

I only started at 24 and I'm 34 now. And as for low finances EBAY has defintely been my friend although the last few years it has too many fakes listed.

Sure the cap collectors out there will buy them, and there are a lot of folks in Miami-Dade County that will buy anything that says "Miami" on it, regardless of how tacky it looks.

But for a vast majority of Marlins fans, this is a damn joke and we won't EVER be wearing that crap. On Facebook the team has been making a post each day counting down to Friday, and on each one 90% of the comments are "That leaked logo and/or fruity colors better not be real", "I'm not ever wearing that nonsense", "Why the change?", "I'm stocking up on teal gear", etc. etc. The rest are idiots all about "repping the 305", excited that it might go with the strobe lights at some club in South Beach, not the kind of people who will buy season tickets and tons of merchandise.

It's easy to call it "unique looking" or "interesting" when it's not your team. If your team was dropping a look almost universally liked in favor of adopting the worst uniforms and colors in baseball, you'd be pretty pissed off too. And as someone who's recently had the unfortunate privilege of seeing the actual uni set and logos, I can attest to them being the worst in baseball. Easily.

And that is why any so-called Marlins "fan" who buys and wears the new garbage has a "total lack of self respect" in my opinion. No sense of pride, history, or tradition. They are either caving in to an owner on an ego trip, or they actually do like the new identity and in that case they should go talk to Loria. I'm sure he has some "art" he could sell them.

And that is why any so-called Marlins "fan" who buys and wears the new garbage has a "total lack of self respect" in my opinion. No sense of pride, history, or tradition. They are either caving in to an owner on an ego trip, or they actually do like the new identity and in that case they should go talk to Loria. I'm sure he has some "art" he could sell them.

Good G-d, we get it. They fired you. Please, let it go. The "I hate Jeff Loria" thing is getting annoying. On that note, you can stop making fun of his taste in art. He's been successful enough in the art business to buy a MLB franchise. He must know a thing or two on the subject.

Back on topic though, I'm no stranger to the "true fan" argument and it's bogus anywhere it pops up. It's one thing to say "I don't like the new stuff." That's fine. It's another to say "I don't like the new stuff and anyone who does isn't a true Marlins fan because I'm the authority of Marlins fandom." That's not fine. Please stick to the former and stop with the latter. The hate letters to Loria every few pages in this thread are tiresome.

Also no more lamenting the death of the teal. The teal, practically speaking, died in 2003. All that's being replaced in two days are White Sox look-alike black and silver uniforms.

Archived