New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

EDIT: Man, someone beat me to it...

Marlins 2012 cap! Via Uniwatch:

"[buffalo is the first sighting of] the new Marlins cap. First off, I can confirm that the cap is legit. It's not the only cap the Marlins will be wearing next season (there's one other that I've seen, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there's another waiting in the wings), and I don't know if it'll be worn at home or on the road, but it is definitely part of the team's 2012 wardrobe."

Pics:

6a00d83451b26169e20162fc02097c970d-320wi.jpg

6a00d83451b26169e2015436802a7c970c-320wi.jpg

6a00d83451b26169e2015436802bef970c-320wi.jpg

6a00d83451b26169e2015436806b0e970c-320wi.jpg

What do you guys think? I was hoping for more color in the actual hat, but who expected the Marlins to get something right?

The hat definitely passes the smell test. They didn't get too crazy, they let the logo do the talking. Nice job, can't wait to see what the unis look like.

I'm really digging that cap!

Oh and umm is the MLB logo on the back any indicator that orange and blue are gone be the dominant colors?

Forgive me if this has already been discussed

Black and orange are to be the dominant colors. Rather than have part of the MLB logo black on black, orange got the greater area and blue, which is probably the more used of the rainbow coloring, got the smaller area. I guess they could've gone silver instead, but the blue makes it work better with the rainbow theme.

All I'm gonna say is the official files don't have Orange and Blue being the colors of the MLB logo. Not sure what this means...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing the logo/seats... I was hoping for a more restrained version.

marlinsblue.jpg

Yawn...

Blue and White is really overused in MLB. At least the Marlin's new identity adds some colour to the league.

Should have clarified, I just did the blue since the seat was blue. I like the colorful nature of the brand, just think using all at once isn't going to stand the test of time. Maybe eventually they'll trim down the look to something like the blue mock up but have a black cap, orange cap, blue cap, etc. Multiple colored hats with a more restrained logo application.

This is so stupid. Two classy teams already use black and orange. We don't need another one. Should have gone with blue & orange as the primaries. That would have been awesome.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

This is so stupid. Two classy teams already use black and orange. We don't need another one. Should have gone with blue & orange as the primaries. That would have been awesome.

Are you making a joke about the Mets not being classy or did you forget they exist?

:wacko: I don't even know if you're talking about the black&orange Mets or the blue&orange Mets.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I'd actually prefer teal over blue, but I agree 1000%.

Are you making a joke about the Mets not being classy or did you forget they exist?

Are they not dropping most, if not all of their black next year?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived