New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

With the "money grab that the marlins are going for here doesn't it seem odd to only have 3 jerseys rather than 5. I may be totally off base here but blue and black Alts. May be a possibility. White, grey, orange, black and blue.

I wouldn't doubt that a black alternate may come along in the very near future (unfortunately). As for the blue, I'm just not sure. My impression is that the blue will only be an accent color, somewhat similar to the Rays' yellow. Because realistically thinking, when was the last time you saw a team come out with 5 fresh new jerseys right off the bat? When teams make an identity change as big as this one, it just makes more sense to start off simple with only one alternate jersey.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P8nzO.jpg

How can you hate those?

I actually love those. It's the 2003-2011 set that I couldn't stand. Way too much black and silver, not enough teal. Sure, maybe teal was "a color of the '90s," but the Marlins are one of two major league teams (the other of course being the Mariners) that can still make teal work. These unis as well as the original home ones were gorgeous, it's a shame that around 2003 they developed White Sox syndrome :(

Design wise I really like those. The only exception being the use of black and the grey. Seems so dreary for a team from Miami.

Any ideas if teams are required to use grey material for their away unis? Can it be a cream or off white?

With the "money grab that the marlins are going for here doesn't it seem odd to only have 3 jerseys rather than 5. I may be totally off base here but blue and black Alts. May be a possibility. White, grey, orange, black and blue.

I would think we see 2 alts from the Fish. If they go the route the Rays did (which is smart), you unveil just home and road unis for 2012. In 2013 you add one alt, and then in 2014 you add another. That way you get cash grabs over a three year period, rather than all at once.

I always wished the Marlins had utilized orange in their original set. When the logo came out, I figured they'd be the "Miami Dolphins" of Major League Baseball, going heavy on teal & some orange trim. Instead, orange was totally ignored, and soon after, teal became secondary to black.

6uXNWAo.png

Unveiling in two weeks. Heres hoping someone snaps a photo of the jersey hanging up somewhere in a store.

I'm surprised they're not available on one of the thousands of fake China wholesale jersey sites. I'm still willing to bet they will pop up there before the unveiling.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I always wished the Marlins had utilized orange in their original set. When the logo came out, I figured they'd be the "Miami Dolphins" of Major League Baseball, going heavy on teal & some orange trim. Instead, orange was totally ignored, and soon after, teal became secondary to black.

This is why I never wanted orange involved with the Marlins. The Dolphins and Hurricanes alreay use it and I hate when an area abuses the same colors over and over again. I was extremely happy the Heat went a different route.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

This is why I never wanted orange involved with the Marlins. The Dolphins and Hurricanes alreay use it and I hate when an area abuses the same colors over and over again. I was extremely happy the Heat went a different route.

I'd disagree with that. I love that the Seahawks, Sounders, and Mariners all use blue/green. Seems so Pacific Northwest.

As well, I liked how the Steelers, Pirates and Penguins all were black and yellow at one time. Always associated black/yellow with Pittsburgh because of that.

I wish more teams would do this when it makes sense. Give the city a brand color pallet. Nice.

I'd disagree with that. I love that the Seahawks, Sounders, and Mariners all use blue/green. Seems so Pacific Northwest.

As well, I liked how the Steelers, Pirates and Penguins all were black and yellow at one time. Always associated black/yellow with Pittsburgh because of that.

I wish more teams would do this when it makes sense. Give the city a brand color pallet. Nice.

I agree. I can't explain why, but I love it when teams in the same city have the similar colors, names, identities in general. I wish more cities were like Seattle and Pittsburgh in this respect.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

They all may as well have the same team name then too.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

There are 2 ways to look at that from a marketing standpoint. 1) You benefit from having one set of colors shared between teams. Selling merchandise in one set of colors would appeal to fans of the various sports and teams involved. 2) You benefit from having different colors. Fans want the specific colors for their team and set out to by that merchandise. For example, hockey, baseball, and basketball wear black and yellow. Football wears red and yellow, and makes money from everyone wanting to buy that red merchandise.

They all may as well have the same team name then too.

Wouldn't go that far but, again, i do enjoy the smartness of a city, Seattle, so tied to the Puget Sound waterway and having the teams be the Seahawks, Sounders, and Mariners... all sea-related names.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't think there need be a hard and fast rule.

Oh I agree completely. No need to force but if it makes sense, it's a nice touch. Orange to the Marlins and a touch of aqua to the Heat would make a nice family in Miami.

No.

hollywoodp.jpg

Archived