New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

I would imagine that the colors (at least of the fish) would be changed for use on the orange hat, or the logo would have to have some kind of outline around it.

Yep.

Uh... yep to which part?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind the leaked Marlins hat too much, except it seems like putting the new colorful logo on black defeats the purpose of going to a whole new colorful scheme.

BTW, how is that center field display thing the Marlins are getting coming along? I'm very interested in that, anyone have any recent info or pics on it?

90758391980.gif

I don't mind the leaked Marlins hat too much, except it seems like putting the new colorful logo on black defeats the purpose of going to a whole new colorful scheme.

BTW, how is that center field display thing the Marlins are getting coming along? I'm very interested in that, anyone have any recent info or pics on it?

I think there was a quote earlier saying that the neutral black "canvas" really makes the rainbow colors pop, and I agree. But as was also mentioned, this will not be the only cap they will use. I personally am hoping for an all-orange cap, or at the very least a black one with an orange bill. I don't think the blue would be a good idea for one of the main cap colors because it seems to me that it will be just like the Rays' yellow--nothing more than a trim color.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

The webcam on the marlins site is about the only up to date thing. Right now the frame is complete. I doubt they will add the finishing touches untill next year.

I think there was a quote earlier saying that the neutral black "canvas" really makes the rainbow colors pop, and I agree. But as was also mentioned, this will not be the only cap they will use. I personally am hoping for an all-orange cap, or at the very least a black one with an orange bill. I don't think the blue would be a good idea for one of the main cap colors because it seems to me that it will be just like the Rays' yellow--nothing more than a trim color.

I mocked this up awhile ago...

ozzie.jpg

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

ozzie.jpg

That looks terrible.

ozzie.jpg

That looks terrible.

Well, it would make a great corporate softball team cap though.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

ozzie.jpg

Suppose it could be worse... not sure how, but it could always be worse right?

Red/Gold are a nice color mix. But even w/ the Spanish flag as inspiration, I don't like it. Keep the teal!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

EDIT: Man, someone beat me to it...

Marlins 2012 cap! Via Uniwatch:

"[buffalo is the first sighting of] the new Marlins cap. First off, I can confirm that the cap is legit. It?s not the only cap the Marlins will be wearing next season (there?s one other that I?ve seen, and I wouldn?t be surprised to learn that there?s another waiting in the wings), and I don?t know if it?ll be worn at home or on the road, but it is definitely part of the team?s 2012 wardrobe."

Pics:

6a00d83451b26169e20162fc02097c970d-320wi.jpg

6a00d83451b26169e2015436802a7c970c-320wi.jpg

6a00d83451b26169e2015436802bef970c-320wi.jpg

6a00d83451b26169e2015436806b0e970c-320wi.jpg

What do you guys think? I was hoping for more color in the actual hat, but who expected the Marlins to get something right?

The hat definitely passes the smell test. They didn't get too crazy, they let the logo do the talking. Nice job, can't wait to see what the unis look like.

"[buffalo is the first sighting of] the new Marlins cap. First off, I can confirm that the cap is legit. It?s not the only cap the Marlins will be wearing next season (there?s one other that I?ve seen, and I wouldn?t be surprised to learn that there?s another waiting in the wings), and I don?t know if it?ll be worn at home or on the road, but it is definitely part of the team?s 2012 wardrobe."

Pics:

What do you guys think? I was hoping for more color in the actual hat, but who expected the Marlins to get something right?

The hat definitely passes the smell test. They didn't get too crazy, they let the logo do the talking. Nice job, can't wait to see what the unis look like.

I'm really digging that cap!

Oh and umm is the MLB logo on the back any indicator that orange and blue are gone be the dominant colors?

Forgive me if this has already been discussed

Pics:

6a00d83451b26169e20162fc02097c970d-320wi.jpg u

How long until the Marlins deny this being the real deal and tells uniwatch to remove the images? But I don't hate it.

70389454.png

The thing I like about the new Marlins cap is that the black cap actually looks like it belongs to the logo.

Not like when the D-Rays had their original 1998-2000 rainbow-era logo black caps, and then the 2001-2005ish green-era black caps, when they stood out like a sore thumb since the unis didn't primarily use black as a color. At least in 2006 they got smart and used the all green TB cap until the Rays redesign in 08.

Pics:

I'm really digging that cap!

Oh and umm is the MLB logo on the back any indicator that orange and blue are gone be the dominant colors?

Forgive me if this has already been discussed

Black and orange are to be the dominant colors. Rather than have part of the MLB logo black on black, orange got the greater area and blue, which is probably the more used of the rainbow coloring, got the smaller area. I guess they could've gone silver instead, but the blue makes it work better with the rainbow theme.

Archived