New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Elton John would have served the same purpose and been a better comparison:

145053__elton3_l.jpg

elton-john-z04.jpg

elton_john.jpg

Back on the topic, I'll buy that hat when it comes out in blue. It *is* coming out in blue, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure they'll release a blue fashion cap.

Blue and every other color in the rainbow. The things they do to caps with professional team logos nowadays is sickening. Granted, caps like the Yankees 'NY' and the Red Sox 'B' have gone mainstream and as a result have become fashion statements in their own right. That's a bit sad, but I think it's absolutely pitiful to see kids walking around nowadays with cool logos like the Brewers old BiG, the Orioles cartoon bird, or the Nats curly 'W' and they have no clue what team or even what sport it represents...or even that it DOES represent a sport, for that matter. In my dream world, stores like New Era would require you to take a pop quiz to make sure you know who/what you're representing before you buy a cap with a professional team's logo on it.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

EDIT: Man, someone beat me to it...

Marlins 2012 cap! Via Uniwatch:

"[buffalo is the first sighting of] the new Marlins cap. First off, I can confirm that the cap is legit. It’s not the only cap the Marlins will be wearing next season (there’s one other that I’ve seen, and I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that there’s another waiting in the wings), and I don’t know if it’ll be worn at home or on the road, but it is definitely part of the team’s 2012 wardrobe."

Pics:

6a00d83451b26169e20162fc02097c970d-320wi.jpg

6a00d83451b26169e2015436802a7c970c-320wi.jpg

6a00d83451b26169e2015436802bef970c-320wi.jpg

6a00d83451b26169e2015436806b0e970c-320wi.jpg

What do you guys think? I was hoping for more color in the actual hat, but who expected the Marlins to get something right?

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

So how is a BLACK ballcap (how many MLB teams now have one?) better than what the Marlins originally started out with? I think this is a massive step backwards. What a shame.

a_step_backwards.png

Ok, I don't mind the 'M' or even the rainbow accents, as they serve some sort of purpose (the rising sun over the water). And while I'd rather see them in more teal or light blue colors, the black and orange as primary with those rainbows just as trimming, isn't as bad as I'd thought it'd be. But the abstract marlin is just too abstract. I think they could've done a little more with it and then, it would'nt be a great look, but it would probably be middle of the road and still unique.

Ok, I don't mind the 'M' or even the rainbow accents, as they serve some sort of purpose (the rising sun over the water). And while I'd rather see them in more teal or light blue colors, the black and orange as primary with those rainbows just as trimming, isn't as bad as I'd thought it'd be. But the abstract marlin is just too abstract. I think they could've done a little more with it and then, it would'nt be a great look, but it would probably be middle of the road and still unique.

Totally agree about the Marlin being too abstract. If that cap was just the "M" I would give it a solid A. The fish drops it down to a B-. The whole thing just looks to lopsided.

I would imagine that the colors (at least of the fish) would be changed for use on the orange hat, or the logo would have to have some kind of outline around it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So how is a BLACK ballcap (how many MLB teams now have one?) better than what the Marlins originally started out with? I think this is a massive step backwards. What a shame.

a_step_backwards.png

I just don't like the multi-color logo. Would have preferred white/black logo on a teal cap. Maybe they'll evolve to that eventually.

Archived