New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

3. I'm sensing there is a racial / status undercurrent going on in your gripes.

I don't know about that specificly, but there is definitely an undercurrent of resentment - he was previously an employee, fired by the team for trashing them on message boards.

Best to just let him rant for the day and hope he keeps his promise to drop it tomorrow.

Ah, thanks. I didn't know the backstory. Interessant! Let's hope.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I said "thing."

People who would know: how close is this font to Century Gothic? What is it? Proprietary tweak of Century Gothic? Or perhaps one of Avant-Garde?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really like it. Good job, Marlins. I'm always happy when teams distance themselves from the ill-fated '90s love affair with teal, and finally the Marlins don't have to do so by just wearing black and white.

Only to close the gap between them and the Orioles and Giants? How is that better? At least the teal was unique. I really do like the black ballcap and their white jersey, but that orange alternate is bad and even worse when paired with the black ballcap. Way too much like Baltimore and SF. If a team wants to re-brand, then it should be something that is completely different from the rest. I think the orange jersey top can be somewhat fixed if paired with a blue, white, or orange ballcap. Love the white home jersey though.

You could do much, much worse than copy Baltimore/SF.

The psuedo-ChiSox black black black had run its course.

Oh, love the set. Such an upgrade. Between the Padres dropkicking the sand (ugh, or alternatively known as DOCKERS KHAKI and just as inspiring as a pair of double-pleated workpants on some sad office drone) and the Marlins dropping black (aside from the cap, but i'll take what I can get), i'm loving this.

I really like it. Good job, Marlins. I'm always happy when teams distance themselves from the ill-fated '90s love affair with teal, and finally the Marlins don't have to do so by just wearing black and white.

Only to close the gap between them and the Orioles and Giants? How is that better? At least the teal was unique. I really do like the black ballcap and their white jersey, but that orange alternate is bad and even worse when paired with the black ballcap. Way too much like Baltimore and SF. If a team wants to re-brand, then it should be something that is completely different from the rest. I think the orange jersey top can be somewhat fixed if paired with a blue, white, or orange ballcap. Love the white home jersey though.

Completely true. I like their orange, but I dislike pairing it with black when 2 other teams are known for that. If they wear a different colored ballcap with the orange alternate, I will like it a lot better. I think a blue alternate with orange trim would've been a look nicer and unique.

Completely true. I like their orange, but I dislike pairing it with black when 2 other teams are known for that. If they wear a different colored ballcap with the orange alternate, I will like it a lot better. I think a blue alternate with orange trim would've been a look nicer and unique.

Call me crazy, but i'd love an orange cap to go with the orange alt. Then again, I did like the 80's Astros set, so it's not out of my taste levels.

Call me crazy, but i'd love an orange cap to go with the orange alt. Then again, I did like the 80's Astros set, so it's not out of my taste levels.

I like it too, so you're not crazy. An orange ballcap is needed instead of the Balt/SF look. I know the following pic was just a mock-up, but I love how this gentleman created the whole alternate orange look.

miami-marlins-jerseys.jpg

Avert your eyes. Worse than I thought.

securedownload.jpg

Mehh...I think this set would be incredible if light blue were the secondary color, instead of orange. Sure, the script and logo are unique, but in looking at the supposed home, alt, and jacket, the rest of the look is a bit too Giants-ish. Swap orange for light blue and not only you have a unique and sharp look, but it's close enough to black and teal that it'd serve as a decent link to team history while having its own modern touch. I think that may have been a missed opportunity.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I always kinda had a soft spot for the Marlins - at least until their diss of Bobby Cox last year and the frickin football lights screwing us in September, though it really didn't make a big difference - but I'm not sure about these yet. Look less like a Major League club and more like a punchline.

Here's the important question, though: will they also be unveiling the new Marlins' Mermaids unis?

They're gonna 2 caps, the all-black and an all-orange.

This is by far the worst logo and uniform set in modern pro sports history. Sure it's different, but it just looks terrible. The colours clash horribly, the marlin thing looks like a graphic design student's acid dream, and they all combine to make something far far worse than anything that a pro sports team worth hundreds of millions should create.

This is disgusting. I can't begin to imagine how it's not getting absolutely torn apart on here, other than "it's creative". The new Lightning logo deserves piles of hate, and this is getting praised? Being different is good, but at the price of making something this aesthetically ugly...

They're gonna 2 caps, the all-black and an all-orange.

Yes!! Thank you, Miami. Does anyone have a legit picture of the orange ballcap?

I went to my local Lids and asked when they would have the hats. The manager said they wouldn't have them till April and that it had "something to do with MLB". Weird.

That doesn't sound right at all. They already have the hats.

Yea you would think they would be available after today.

I'm going to wait until I see the whole set first. I am also hoping for an orange hat to go with the orange jersey.

But on the Giants and O's jerseys the black is much more prevalent. IMO the rainbow trim really makes the difference, through that rainbow trim on the font people will NOT have a hard time distinguishing the Marlins from SF or BAL. The rainbow trim differentiates them from the other black and orange teams in the same way that the Padres' sand color (R.I.P.) once differentiated them from other navy and white teams.

The rainbow trim just makes the Marlins wordmark look like a failed 3D experiment. As for the Pads, they still have sand on the home and home BP uniforms, though it's minimization was a mistake IMO.

I went to my local Lids and asked when they would have the hats. The manager said they wouldn't have them till April and that it had "something to do with MLB". Weird.

That doesn't sound right at all. They already have the hats.

Yea you would think they would be available after today.

I'm going to wait until I see the whole set first. I am also hoping for an orange hat to go with the orange jersey.

The Lids store here already has them in the back. Well, at least the black ballcap. Now that I know they also have an orange ballcap, I may hold off and get that one instead.

Archived