2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

I like this move a lot. With Rice they now have a real solid receiving core. Rice opposite Mike Williams, who was very solid last season, creates a nice 1-2. Throw in a couple quicker guys like Deon Butler and Golden Tate, and this become a very solid group. This group should help hide a lot of TJacks weaknesses. Rice and Williams are big targets, which will help a QB who struggles with accuracy, along with Tate and Butler who will be useful when Jackson has to fling the ball up. A good passing game will help a potentially good, but inexperienced O-line from being stacked up against. Lynch and Forsett as could be a nice slash and dash combo. It's not a flashy offense, but you never know, it might have some life.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay_Glazer

The Seahawks have agreed to a 5 year deal with WR Sidney Rice. Still not signed, but two sides have agreed to terms.

Seattle: Where wide receivers go to die.

Good luck, Sidney! :rolleyes:

Agreed...you need a QB before a receiver becomes something to worry about. Teams always overpay for WRs IMO. If a WR touches the ball 10 times a game it's a lot. Yeah, they draw coverage and all that but the Saints prove you don't need divas or Larry Fitzgerald-caliber WRs to have a top-tier passing game.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Jay_Glazer

The Seahawks have agreed to a 5 year deal with WR Sidney Rice. Still not signed, but two sides have agreed to terms.

Seattle: Where wide receivers go to die.

Good luck, Sidney! :rolleyes:

Agreed...you need a QB before a receiver becomes something to worry about. Teams always overpay for WRs IMO. If a WR touches the ball 10 times a game it's a lot. Yeah, they draw coverage and all that but the Saints prove you don't need divas or Larry Fitzgerald-caliber WRs to have a top-tier passing game.

Hey, we could always get McNabb! Oh wait, he went to the vikings... just in time for Sidney Rice to leave. The NFL offseason is like some sort of 1910s silent movie comedy.

Charlie Whitehurst for MVP!!!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I like this move a lot. With Rice they now have a real solid receiving core. Rice opposite Mike Williams, who was very solid last season, creates a nice 1-2. Throw in a couple quicker guys like Deon Butler and Golden Tate, and this become a very solid group. This group should help hide a lot of TJacks weaknesses. Rice and Williams are big targets, which will help a QB who struggles with accuracy, along with Tate and Butler who will be useful when Jackson has to fling the ball up. A good passing game will help a potentially good, but inexperienced O-line from being stacked up against. Lynch and Forsett as could be a nice slash and dash combo. It's not a flashy offense, but you never know, it might have some life.

Because Rice did such a crackerjack job of hiding T-Jack's weaknesses in the past.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Apparently, Takeo Spikes is now a Charger. This, when we could be losing Vincent Jackson and need to go after Steve Smith.

AJ Smith is a moron. I hate to go all Tank on this thread, but FIRE AJ!

Neil Schwartz, Jackson's agent, said that Jackson will sign his franchise tender on Friday, the first day he can sign it. Therefore, AJ Smith and Schwartz have a full season to agree to a long term deal.

Meanwhile, Tampa Bay has signed...um....um....

Um.......

(...Well, they did ink Adrian Clayborn and Da'Quan Bowers, their first two picks of the draft, to deals.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Um.......

(...Well, they did ink Adrian Clayborn and Da'Quan Bowers, their first two picks of the draft, to deals.)

Buc,

The franchise was told to watch the MLS All Star Game tonight with ManU playing the MLS All-Stars.

Because Rice did such a crackerjack job of hiding T-Jack's weaknesses in the past.

You hate optimism, don't you?

He does have Darth Vader as his avatar.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Rice took the easy way out to sign with SEA. Bevell is the OC and he did not want to learn a new playbook in 14-28 days.

Um.......

And ALL of Clayborn's is guaranteed. Not a huge contract total, but that is still very odd.

Also, the Lions have agreed to terms with Justin Durant. Hopefully they can find a way to end up with either Tulloch or Jonathan Joseph as well.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Reggie Bush has been traded to the Dolphins. (Source: Jay Glazer)

:censored:

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

There's optimism and then there's denying reality like a retarded Pollyanna. It doesn't madder how big your wideouts are when Jackson is arm punting the ball into the 10th row.

Today, we are all otaku.

I hope Reggie finally becomes a star in Miami.

He is not worried about being a star. He (with Mike Williams, LenDale White, and Leinert) were stars @ USC! Theytook that lime light to make NFL money to live the rest of their lives. Reggie still has adidas $$$ too.

That contract must be redone.

A team cannot pay a player $11M who averages:

11 games/season

500 rushing yards/year

500 receiving yards/year

4.3 fumbles/year

They already had that cheaper in either Ted Ginn and/or Pat White. Possibly with no Ricky and or no Ronnie, Daniel Thomas will carry the MIA rushing load.

Sidney needed a top notch QB to show off his talents, hopefully T-Jack can make that happen in Seattle.

Confused.jpg

You DO realize they've already played together, correct? And that the results weren't all that pretty.

That's what I meant. Maybe both in a different environment can get it going. I wouldn't be holding my breath though.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Reggie Bush has been traded to the Dolphins. (Source: Jay Glazer)

Good f?u?c?k?i?n?g riddance! Ever since his rookie season, I've disliked him. Looking forward to buying a Mark Ingram jersey :)

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I have a theory for this season. The teams making minimal changes on offense will do best for 2011. Whether Lights Out likes it or not, Norv Turner is right, there is no time to learn a playbook in great detail. Defensive changes might be ok, but the concerteenered off season really benefits teams with ready to go offenses.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived