St. Louis Stallions

ddub53

Why are most of you all bound and determined to see the Jaguars relocated to Los Angeles or some other locations ? I would like to know how many of you have even been to Jacksonville, FL. If anyone really knows much of anything about the Jacksonville Jaguars beyond what ESPN, NFLN and random national media outlets feed you.

Nothing personal. It doesn't reflect any animus towards or ignorance about your city or region.

When a team scrambling for a playoff berth has to do so before wide swaths of empty seats, that's a golden Wonka ticket to the relocation conversation.

'cept Tampa Bay, Miami, Oakland, and Indy have had the "swaths of empty seats" issue since Jax has.

But for some reason the Jags still enter into the relocation saga.

The Glazers are the most fickle owners ever; nobody thinks they would sell?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacksonville has yet to show that it will even support a competitive team. Not so with the other cities you mention.

If you want to make a positive argument that there are other fanbases equally disinterested, that's cool. But this thread isn't about that. Check out the NFL relocation thread; that's the best place for this conversation.

• 1 year later...

Here are a few of the HounDogs/Hound Dogs (I've seen both, but either way, it's an awful name), I think these are legitimate, I'm not sure though. I could be wrong. I've never seen any uniforms for them, but these are the few logos that I have seen.MemphisHounDogs93.GIFMemphisHounDogs2.GIFMemphisHounDogs4.GIFMemphisHounDogs3.GIFMemphisHounDogs1.GIF

Here are a few of the HounDogs/Hound Dogs (I've seen both, but either way, it's an awful name), I think these are legitimate, I'm not sure though. I could be wrong. I've never seen any uniforms for them, but these are the few logos that I have seen.MemphisHounDogs93.GIFMemphisHounDogs2.GIFMemphisHounDogs4.GIFMemphisHounDogs3.GIFMemphisHounDogs1.GIF

I think those have been debunked on this board before. Those logos have just been floating around the internet so long, and with nothing else to compare them to, they've come to be accepted as legit.
For the most accurate Memphis Hound Dogs concept helmet, check out the following page. This is the gentlemen that worked with the NFL and the potential Memphis ownership team on the colors and the logo. The colors were to be copper and either forest or hunter green. I talked to him via email, seemed legit and had a lot of details on the process. Said he still has the original helmet in his office.

http://humphreysink.com/docs/HI_Logos.pdf

For the most accurate Memphis Hound Dogs concept helmet, check out the following page. This is the gentlemen that worked with the NFL and the potential Memphis ownership team on the colors and the logo. The colors were to be copper and either forest or hunter green. I talked to him via email, seemed legit and had a lot of details on the process. Said he still has the original helmet in his office.http://humphreysink.com/docs/HI_Logos.pdf

EX_MEM_93.jpg

I assume this is conceptual as the helmet does not match the helmet in the above link? I do like it though.

For the most accurate Memphis Hound Dogs concept helmet, check out the following page. This is the gentlemen that worked with the NFL and the potential Memphis ownership team on the colors and the logo. The colors were to be copper and either forest or hunter green. I talked to him via email, seemed legit and had a lot of details on the process. Said he still has the original helmet in his office.http://humphreysink.com/docs/HI_Logos.pdf

EX_MEM_93.jpg

I assume this is conceptual as the helmet does not match the helmet in the above link? I do like it though.

Actually no, that's a scan from a style guide page. I don't know where it came from, but you can tell what it is.

Here's the person who did the Memphis logos (linked specifically to the page with the helmet): http://kenloh.com/project.php?skin=1&by=con&con_ID=2&p_ID=77

If you look, he also did other NFL work as well, including the original Jaguars logo that went unused.

Actually no, that's a scan from a style guide page. I don't know where it came from, but you can tell what it is.Here's the person who did the Memphis logos (linked specifically to the page with the helmet): http://kenloh.com/project.php?skin=1&by=con&con_ID=2&p_ID=77If you look, he also did other NFL work as well, including the original Jaguars logo that went unused.

I had seen the black and white concept logos before, but never in the correct color scheme. The logo is a little cartoonish, but overall, I like it. Based on scan being in the same format as the others teams whose uniforms and helmets had been previously identified, looks as legit as it gets.

I like the uniforms but I think the logo looks absolutely atrocious. If they had done the "cross-bones" idea on that color scheme with a non-copper helmet color, it'd be a good scheme. Memphis Hound-dogs is a raw :censored: name. Much better then 'jaguars' and 'panthers'. Stallions sounds collegiate and Bombers sounds rather offensive, and I am usually against the whole "omg offensive!!!111" movement.

Memphis Houndogs concept above has been debunked, nothing more than a concept. I talked to Anderson Humphreys via email and he debunked it - it appears the cross-bones on the helmet was the last iteration that was truly being worked on with NFL licensing - not sure they ever even got to uniforms. http://humphreysink....cs/HI_Logos.pdf

So the guy claims his design was the honest-to-goodness one they were really going to use?

He offer anything to back that up?

Memphis Houndogs concept above has been debunked, nothing more than a concept. I talked to Anderson Humphreys via email and he debunked it - it appears the cross-bones on the helmet was the last iteration that was truly being worked on with NFL licensing - not sure they ever even got to uniforms. http://humphreysink....cs/HI_Logos.pdf

So the guy claims his design was the honest-to-goodness one they were really going to use?

He offer anything to back that up?

I have exchanged multiple emails with him as he is a pretty known advertising commodity in Memphis. He had enough details in his emails of who he worked with from the Memphis ownership group and NFL licensing that I believe it is legit. Is the cross bones helmet the final iteration? I doubt it, but I do believe that was the stage where Memphis was at when we were not awarded a franchise. I am trying to dig something up from him on the uniforms. We'll see.

Ya, I'd believe an official NFL style guide over somebodies word

I agree, but I do not think the scans above have been identified as being from style guides. If they are identified as such, then I 100% believe in their authenticity. Perhaps Anderson Humphreys started the project with the Memphis ownership group and got it to a certain point, then NFL licensing took it from there??? All very interesting to me.

There have been plenty of spec designs shown here from professionals. For existing teams as well as expansion clubs.

Just being a pro, even having conversations with that potential ownership group, doesn't mean that this was their final design or even that they actually considered it.

Archived